House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Dortmund team bus explosion

Wow, was a shock to read that.  Few details yet, but if a terror attack will probably have more impact than running a few people over.

6 minutes ago, reddog said:

I'm literally at Frankfurt airport right now.  Will try to guage the mood in my subtle way!

Oh! Don't be too subtle!

4 minutes ago, reddog said:

Ah attack was in France

Nope dortmund.

12 minutes ago, reddog said:

I'm literally at Frankfurt airport right now.  Will try to guage the mood in my subtle way!

Just don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

Few people looking at the news on TV screens, but on other screens another game is playing so not exactly wall to wall coverage.

Terror seems to becoming the new normal.

58 minutes ago, lulu said:

Trump surely?

No they said it was an IED

2 hours ago, reddog said:

Please ignore

Fake news !! :lol:

Anyway police now states "Serious explosives" have been found. But say we also shouldn't jump to conclusions about it being a terrorist attack...

If you look at the photos of the damage that does not look like the result of serious explosives at all. It looks more like the damage a couple of bricks would cause.

dortmund10-990x550.jpg

3 IED found and bulletproof glass. Some lucky players if that's the case.

False-flag angle being pushed by beeb.

Half-hearted nature + sophistication + letter(s) of intent at scene = maybe there's something in that.

Having said that, not sure I'd want to go there this early. Kinda paints them in light we have come to expect. What happens if real Islamist Extremist link is found? Egg on face and cred shot.

If it is an ISIS inspired IED then it's a 'game changer' as they say. Don't think many football hooligans are capable of making IEDs. More than likely anyone who's had recent experience of living in areas like Libya/Afghanistan.

Very worrying development if (as is most likely) it's an ISIS-related attack.

Can't expect the biased reporting agencies to say anything else lest the general population go WTF

1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

False-flag angle being pushed by beeb.

Half-hearted nature + sophistication + letter(s) of intent at scene = maybe there's something in that.

Having said that, not sure I'd want to go there this early. Kinda paints them in light we have come to expect. What happens if real Islamist Extremist link is found? Egg on face and cred shot.

Unless they have inside information the bbc would go to the extent of blaming the German government rather than consider Islamist Extremists.  A sort of don't worry it's just your own government up to its usual tricks type of response.

That would even be in denial of the fact that France and therefore by treaty the rest of the eu has already officially declared war on IS. 

28 minutes ago, jfk said:

If it is an ISIS inspired IED then it's a 'game changer' as they say. Don't think many football hooligans are capable of making IEDs. More than likely anyone who's had recent experience of living in areas like Libya/Afghanistan.

Very worrying development if (as is most likely) it's an ISIS-related attack.

Can't expect the biased reporting agencies to say anything else lest the general population go WTF

Indeed, imagine having to drive around with the added distraction of avoiding IED's like troops in Iraq or Afghanistan.

This is the image the BBC do not want you to get in your mind, look at the BBC's history and declassified information from ww2, it is clear they are a propaganda organisation.  The last thing the BBC want is for people to think too hard about what is happening day to day.  

With these terror attacks, they are pushing very hard the meme that the right thing to do is 'keep calm and carry on'.  They do not want you to think of the terror attacks that are racking up in Europe on a weekly basis.

13 hours ago, The Eagle said:

If you look at the photos of the damage that does not look like the result of serious explosives at all. It looks more like the damage a couple of bricks would cause.

I am not an explosives expert... but a brick would not leave a large round mark? More like a small hole.

Whereas explosives in a solid tube would cause a roughly cylindrical blast-wave.

13 minutes ago, reddog said:

Indeed, imagine having to drive around with the added distraction of avoiding IED's like troops in Iraq or Bagdad.

This is the image the BBC do not want you to get in your mind, look at the BBC's history and declassified information from ww2, it is clear they are a propaganda organisation.  The last thing the BBC want is for people to think too hard about what is happening day to day.  

With these terror attacks, they are pushing very hard the meme that the right thing to do is 'keep calm and carry on'.  They do not want you to think of the terror attacks that are racking up in Europe on a weekly basis.

My highlight.

If it goes much further imagine the delays any freshly repaired pothole (of which there are maybe millions in the UK) might cause to traffic.  Of course it'll be keep calm and carry on - it's not their risk - it never is.

2 minutes ago, billybong said:

My highlight.

If it goes much further imagine the delays any freshly repaired pothole (of which there are maybe millions in the UK) might cause to traffic.

Sorry, corrected.  Meant Afghanistan or Iraq.