House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

The "I have No Strong Feelings About ...." Thread

I've noticed a marked decline in the number of comments since the last bout of censoring. Rather than post contentious stuff that is only likely to cause more of the same, I thought it would be nice, in the new spirit of ot / hpc to make a daughter-thread to the "insignificant things that annoy you intensel" thread, that doesn't get people wound up. And this is it.

I noticed on the main board that this is very much within the hpc zeitgeist. A thread, for instance, about the uncovering of libor rigging at the highest levels of the BoE and government clearly didn't bother anyone much. They have all clearly resigned themselves to whatever government wants, irrespective of what government has previously declared. Good for them. Strong, principled positions are all fine and dandy, but they can clearly get you into trouble around here.

So anyway, returning to my thread idea of things you don't have strong feelings about, I'll open with:

Lawn feed : - use it if you must, but there's not much point.

Am looking forward to a five star rating, so please vote, even if you aren't a millennial!

The closing of public toilets don't bother me - pee freely down your leg.

---

We're not allowed to have strong opinions as it might offend someone.

This is easy. This is like trolling.

I have no strong feelings about high house prices. People can always club together and live 6 to a 2 bed flat.

If people want to use their phone and drive that's their free choice if they feel good enough to multi-task and be able to look out for the police.

I have no problem with tailgater's, as I flip my rear view mirror up. I just hope they don't burst a blood vessel by being stuck behind me.

I say good luck to people who like to live on the never, never. Like they have 5 credit cards, go on multiple holidays abroad, buy a new car ever year etc. You only live once as they say.

9 minutes ago, 200p said:

The closing of public toilets don't bother me - pee freely down your leg.

---

We're not allowed to have strong opinions as it might offend someone.

I have strong opinions about having to pee down my leg.  But I'll keep them to myself.

1 minute ago, 200p said:

Incest is OK with me, as long as all parties have made their informed choices.

I'm a bit concerned.  How informed can a baby be?

That's for the government to decide at what age it's allowed^ :o These aren't my real opinions, I am lighting up this thread. :)

People complain about the obscene wages that footballers get. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, then they can get even more in my book. It's a free market. No one forces anyone to pay to watch football.

7 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

I'm a bit concerned.  How informed can a baby be?

Interestingly I seem to remember there was a case recently where someone was attempting to claim criminal injuries compensation for their disabled son who was a result of an incestuous rape, the claim was rejected on account that the victim did not actually exist at the time the crime was committed  

Anyway, back on topic....

7 minutes ago, 200p said:

That's for the government to decide at what age it's allowed^ :o These aren't my real opinions, I am lighting up this thread. :)

You're only meant to blow the bloody doors off! :o

1 minute ago, nome said:

Interestingly I seem to remember there was a case recently where someone was attempting to claim criminal injuries compensation for their disabled son who was a result of an incestuous rape, the claim was rejected on account that the victim did not actually exist at the time the crime was committed  

Anyway, back on topic....

Interesting one, nome.  No, in future, please keep on-topic...

5 minutes ago, 200p said:

People complain about the obscene wages that footballers get. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, then they can get even more in my book. It's a free market. No one forces anyone to pay to watch football.

Wild horses couldn't make me...

They can put up council tax, and raise parking charges. It just means I have less disposable income to spend in the high street, and thus the economy.

What baffles me is a company or corporate or institution does wrong, found out and is fined a £million or so, where does this so called 'fine' money go?....does any of it compensate the customers that may have lost out for the misdemeanors, mismanagement, fake figures or whatever.......do these fines discourage future wrongs or do they take the fines into consideration and carry on with business as usual hoping not to be caught out next time, hardly a deterrent.....to be honest what hurt do the fines of a few million here and there do big companies and the people at the top, all factored into the risk?;)

Let's take it to the next level and use a news paper article from our friends at the Daily Mail (there's even video of the crash at the link)

Horrific moment mother, 32, who was three times over the limit after swigging vodka at the wheel with her TODDLER in the back seat hit a roundabout launching her Nissan 14ft into the air

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4398090/Mother-32-drove-swigging-vodka-jailed.html

Mothers who drink and drive with their children in the back, should be more careful and not drive. Let's hope she learns from this.

(I did it, there's no "outrage" or strong opinion)

Thanks to 200p for his input.

Problem though: my intention was to present the consolidated list of subjects people had No Strong Feelings About  to the Moderators and ask them to add them to one of their helpful pinned threads as an advisory on what could be discussed. Sadly I feel most of 200p's suggestions would prove far too controversial. Having said that, the "high house prices" suggestion could be a goer, given just how defeated and resigned most on the main thread appear to be. 

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

I can't think of anythig anodyne to post, sorry, Sledgehead.:(

I know what you mean.

I was off to a flying start with "lawn feed". Then I came to a grinding: talk about hubris!

I'm feeling a strong urge to say "Set vs Smooth natural yogurt", but only yesterday I included a yogurt-based answer in my post on the "strange names for kids" thread, and as much as I know how charismatic you all think I am, I'm concerned I might cross a line whereby people start wondering whether I'm still the most interesting person on the internet. What do you think?

Just now, Sledgehead said:

I know what you mean.

I was off to a flying start with "lawn feed". Then I came to a grinding: talk about hubris!

I'm feeling a strong urge to say "Set vs Smooth natural yogurt", but only yesterday I included a yogurt-based answer in my post on the "strange names for kids" thread, and as much as I know how charismatic you all think I am, I'm concerned I might cross a line whereby people start wondering whether I'm not the most interesting person on the internet. What do you think?

That's pretty bland! Yogurt-based on strage names for kids??  The mind boggles!  Culture? Mould????

I can eat smooth yoghurt and have not tried set-yoghurt. Although I don't really eat yoghurts because they create a lot of waste on a "waste-per-food-serving" basis. They don't allow yoghurt pots in the recycle bins.

1 hour ago, 200p said:

You can not pay a club to watch their football, You can not pay a TV or phone subscription to avoid supporting the football broadcasters but I can't avoid using the services of companies who sponsor and advertise through football.I think you have things badly wrong and obscene wages for anyone have a (negative) effect on the majority.

2 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

I've noticed a marked decline in the number of comments since the last bout of censoring. Rather than post contentious stuff that is only likely to cause more of the same, I thought it would be nice, in the new spirit of ot / hpc to make a daughter-thread to the "insignificant things that annoy you intensel" thread, that doesn't get people wound up. And this is it.

I noticed on the main board that this is very much within the hpc zeitgeist. A thread, for instance, about the uncovering of libor rigging at the highest levels of the BoE and government clearly didn't bother anyone much. They have all clearly resigned themselves to whatever government wants, irrespective of what government has previously declared. Good for them. Strong, principled positions are all fine and dandy, but they can clearly get you into trouble around here.

So anyway, returning to my thread idea of things you don't have strong feelings about, I'll open with:

Lawn feed : - use it if you must, but there's not much point.

Am looking forward to a five star rating, so please vote, even if you aren't a millennial!

I have no strong feelings about getting personal validation for my opinions.