House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvoidDebt

Vendor to cut asking price by £1,000 a week until flat sells

"Estate agency DB Roberts is advertising the home by suggesting it is such good value it is like getting two properties for the price of one."

HowTF is it like getting two properties for the price of one?! You only end up with one flat so it's more like a sale than a 2-for-1, surely.

Suspect the ad actually said two bedrooms for the price of one, but (incredibly) the journalist is even more stupid than the estate agent.

It's a retirement flat, though, and from all I've heard they are often difficult to sell anyway, because of the pool of potential,purchasers is limited (obviously) and because these places often have very high service charges.  Trying to sell one can be a real headache if the funds are needed for care home fees.  

From all I've ever heard, I'd imagine it'd be far better to rent one of these than buy.  

What a sensible seller. Hasn't twigged that when people are forced to sell 'well below market value' that probably means that the market value has changed, but still, he's being very philosophical about it. Who knows, he's been around a while, praps he senses that something is in the air. What an extraordinary picture for a property industry publication.

I bet he takes it off the market after 20 weeks. I'm cynical.

Would love someone to post the "new value" about 140 weeks from now though.......I might make a bid myself in that case :D

3 hours ago, Smith said:

"Estate agency DB Roberts is advertising the home by suggesting it is such good value it is like getting two properties for the price of one."

HowTF is it like getting two properties for the price of one?! You only end up with one flat so it's more like a sale than a 2-for-1, surely.

Suspect the ad actually said two bedrooms for the price of one, but (incredibly) the journalist is even more stupid than the estate agent.

I said, ya buy half, ya get half free.. .

(Said in voice of irritating window sales bloke)

4 hours ago, Smith said:

it would certainly be like paying for 2 and getting 1

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

On 10/04/2017 at 11:56 AM, 200p said:

Retirement flats. Where is he moving to?

Somewhere with lower ground rent - the ground.