House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lid

Terror attack in Stockholm

Three armed men jumped out of the truck. Swedish newspapers saying one arrested. Various reports of shots fired in multiple destinations (unconfirmed)

Shots fired at Fridhemsplan which is quite far from Drottninggatan and the Ahlens store. 10 minutes apart. Reports of ongoing shots fired.

My prediction is it's going to be a long summer with quite a few if these sort of attacks.

Looking forward to Swedish politicians saying the country is completely united (naturally apart from the perpitrator!!)

14 minutes ago, lid said:

I wonder what type of terrorism it is

The type carried out by people with mental health problems, of course. :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

But he's just a child - can't be more than 12 or 13 - I know 'cos I have seen pictures of 12 year old migrants.

Please ignore the above - I posted on wrong site and can no longer edit.

Apologies if it caused offense.

22 minutes ago, Lord D'arcy Pew said:

Yes, but these children know how to strip, reassemble and fire an AK47 by the age of 8.

Our Government have kept our "delicate little flowers" away from firearms and sharp pointy things.

If God The Government had not meant them to be sheared he would not have made them sheep.

1 hour ago, interestrateripoff said:

Yep, this seems sadly a rather safe bet.

of course candle-light vigils will solve it all and make it go away.

sorry, EU s about to learn the hard way that the bogeyman really does exist.

Last guy has been caught too. I think that makes it three. Will be interesting to see if pictures and names are released (they're typically not for suspects).

4 hours ago, oracle said:

of course candle-light vigils will solve it all and make it go away.

sorry, EU s about to learn the hard way that the bogeyman really does exist.

I've not been on a candle lit vigil but i like the idea of solidarity and togetherness. I really did think of going to London a coupe of weeks back for the vigil. I'm not religious, in fact I really hate religion and believe man's destiny is in his own hands.  But i have occasionally met genuinely nice religious people. I was more interested in going just to show that most of us eschew violence and hatred and just want to live a decent life. Really the only way to stop wars and fighting is at the basic human level, to try and change things with day to day kindness. Personally i find it hard not to be a nasty barstard some of the time. But I do try.

All I have to say is CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED and then we should CENSORED CENSORED.

11 hours ago, Longtermrenter said:

I really hate religion and believe man's destiny is in his own hands.  

I was more interested in going just to show that most of us eschew violence and hatred and just want to live a decent life. Really the only way to stop wars and fighting is at the basic human level, to try and change things with day to day kindness.

What if warring, hating, and beggaring-thy-neighbour are built into human nature because it helps those genes propagate?

For example....

Personally i find it hard not to be a nasty barstard some of the time. But I do try.