House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Journalists who can barely write

"It has been designed as a method of transport people could ultimately use to collect their bread in the morning. "

Seriously?

"Mr Zapata, who holds a world record for the most number of backflips in a minute using a water jet pack"

... irrelevant, and quite possibly misrepresented and bizarre factoid

The local newspapers are the worst. The old journalists must be doing something else these days, and they have been replaced with the next generation, who still probably write articles from their smartphones. Sometimes the Daily Mail also let it slip, I can only imagine some articles are done 1 minute before the deadline at 3am in the morning.

The comments following the bad articles usually point out the howlers quickly.

Quickly i sat the same awful news article as these people. Tragic! We should be ashamed standards are have slipped so much from a time when people could write and properly!

What has gone wrong. it is inconceivable that writing has dropped so much.

Someone recently posted an exclusive by the Independent iirc. It claimed it was breaking the news of Barry Manilow's emergence from the closet. I think it was Happy Renting who pointed out that other papers covered his marriage to his long term boyfriend two years earlier.

Does make you wonder.

On 07/04/2017 at 7:51 AM, raindog said:

Quickly i sat the same awful news article as these people. Tragic! We should be ashamed standards are have slipped so much from a time when people could write and properly!

You are being ironic, I presume.

On 07/04/2017 at 7:51 AM, raindog said:

The Internet did this. It's all about the clicks.

Proofreading and fact-checking are dead. Long live sensationalism.

How did this one get past the proofreaders?

http://www.thenational.scot/news/14866856.Rab_Wilson__An_inquiry_intil_patient_safety_in_Scotland_must_be_held_an_suin/

Castin wir een back ower the past hunner year syne o inquiries in the UK; frae the Tay Bridge disaster oan, there hae bin verra effective wans, an wans that werenae sae effective. In Scotland we hae baith. Lord Cullen led twa fawmous inquiries, wan o whilk wis intil the Dunblane shootins o 1996.

22 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

It's catching

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Walcome tae Wikipaedia,
the free encyclopaedia that awbody can eedit.
This Scots edeetion wis shapit on 23rd Juin 2005. We hae 43,775 airticles the nou.

The new game in town is being as misleading as possible in order to get clicks. As the Guardian saya the days of literate journalism are numbered because no-one will directly pay for content.

Got a website you will know the problem.