House Price Crash Forum

Journalists who can barely write

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

"Mr Zapata, who holds a world record for the most number of backflips in a minute using a water jet pack"

... irrelevant, and quite possibly misrepresented and bizarre factoid

HOLA445

The local newspapers are the worst. The old journalists must be doing something else these days, and they have been replaced with the next generation, who still probably write articles from their smartphones. Sometimes the Daily Mail also let it slip, I can only imagine some articles are done 1 minute before the deadline at 3am in the morning.

The comments following the bad articles usually point out the howlers quickly.

HOLA446

Quickly i sat the same awful news article as these people. Tragic! We should be ashamed standards are have slipped so much from a time when people could write and properly!

What has gone wrong. it is inconceivable that writing has dropped so much.

HOLA447

Then there are those whose journalistic arguments and ideas are just uninformed click bait.

HOLA448

Someone recently posted an exclusive by the Independent iirc. It claimed it was breaking the news of Barry Manilow's emergence from the closet. I think it was Happy Renting who pointed out that other papers covered his marriage to his long term boyfriend two years earlier.

Does make you wonder.

HOLA449
On 07/04/2017 at 7:51 AM, raindog said:

Quickly i sat the same awful news article as these people. Tragic! We should be ashamed standards are have slipped so much from a time when people could write and properly!

You are being ironic, I presume.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
On 07/04/2017 at 7:51 AM, raindog said:

The Internet did this. It's all about the clicks.

Proofreading and fact-checking are dead. Long live sensationalism.

HOLA4413

How did this one get past the proofreaders?

http://www.thenational.scot/news/14866856.Rab_Wilson__An_inquiry_intil_patient_safety_in_Scotland_must_be_held_an_suin/

Castin wir een back ower the past hunner year syne o inquiries in the UK; frae the Tay Bridge disaster oan, there hae bin verra effective wans, an wans that werenae sae effective. In Scotland we hae baith. Lord Cullen led twa fawmous inquiries, wan o whilk wis intil the Dunblane shootins o 1996.

HOLA4414
22 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

It's catching

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Walcome tae Wikipaedia,
the free encyclopaedia that awbody can eedit.
This Scots edeetion wis shapit on 23rd Juin 2005. We hae 43,775 airticles the nou.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Archived