House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
matt173407

Lets Start The Price Drop

Ok, as soon as one person puts the price on a property up everyone does which how this whole over the top pricing started, example is my friend was the first to do this in an area near me , as soon as his was advertised at 40k overpriced all the others changed to match it !

So, if everyone on here puts in a £5 we buy a house and then sell it 50% less thus forcing everyone else to drop their price then the circle is complete!!!!!

Word of mouth and a massive email shot to every first time buyer should be enough to raise funds to do this :)

Ok, as soon as one person puts the price on a property up everyone does which how this whole over the top pricing started, example is my friend was the first to do this in an area near me , as soon as his was advertised at 40k overpriced all the others changed to match it !

So, if everyone on here puts in a £5 we buy a house and then sell it 50% less thus forcing everyone else to drop their price then the circle is complete!!!!!

Word of mouth and a massive email shot to every first time buyer should be enough to raise funds to do this :)

or someone picks up a real bargain and puts it back on the market at 2x what they just paid :D

Let's say we have a chain of 20 houses. Two of the sellers are interested in each other's houses. Everyone drops their price 50% and nobody loses. The market freaks out and HPC follows! Is that idea worth a Nobel prize in economics or what?

This thread ought to be pinned for posterity.

The funniest thing I've read on here ever.

You fool.

As for funniest things, here is a classic on what can happen when you spin too much BS:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/26599

I'm not sure that one house being sold below market value is going to start a house price crash.

If the whole chain of 20 drops 50% you have enough houses to affect local median values. Problem is that the government loses out on tax, EAs lose commissions and VIs sell smaller mortgages. Makes you think doesn't it? IMagine a whole chain dropping prices 50%.......

Edited by Realistbear

HPI was mainly fuelled and supported by the sheeple, seeing property prices rising and catching the tail end of the BTL phenomenon started in the early 90's and it's taken 10 years to ride out the wave properly.

To really cause a HPC the sheeple need to realise that the smart money is leaving the Property game and going into the stock markets and other assets. In short the masses really really need SCARING.

In the age of increadibly poor reporting, as mentioned in many other threads on this site where VI's have produced a press release and it's reproduced word for word as fact, out of laziness on the part of the reporter as much as VI spin, it surely must be possible to produce intelligent press releases, given to the feeders of the major press (is that Reuters? - my knowledge on the subject isn't perfect.) that show facts / statistics in a way that will scare the sh!t out of your average sheep, and watch the Journo's report it.

In short, let's make our own spin, and cause some PANIC. :ph34r:

IF ONLY!!! Let me give you an example! The figures are true but the names are changed.

The house I want is asking £165,000

Last sold prices are below:

1A FICTION STREET SOLD 07/07/05 PRICE £112,000

29 FICTION STREET SOLD 05/03/05 PRICE £119,999

3 FICTION STREET SOLD 18/01/05 PRICE £100,000

7 FICTION STREET SOLD 22/011/04 PRICE £78,500

As soon as you mention that the SHITHOLE thats on the market for OVER the CEILING PRICE of that street, they respond with "Well that one for £120K was probably a wreck and needed modernisation". This is the response you get.

Now call me old fashioned but it used to be the house that got the ceiling price was the one that had something special about it. Conservatory, Extension, Loft Conversion, Nice Bathroom/Kitchen, Big Garden etc.

Now it seems - it does not matter what condition a house is in - they all want to beat the ceiling price. Once a seller hears a price he EXPECTS that price!

Cant wait for them to fall on their asses!!!!

TB

HPI was mainly fuelled and supported by the sheeple, seeing property prices rising and catching the tail end of the BTL phenomenon started in the early 90's and it's taken 10 years to ride out the wave properly.

To really cause a HPC the sheeple need to realise that the smart money is leaving the Property game and going into the stock markets and other assets. In short the masses really really need SCARING.

In the age of increadibly poor reporting, as mentioned in many other threads on this site where VI's have produced a press release and it's reproduced word for word as fact, out of laziness on the part of the reporter as much as VI spin, it surely must be possible to produce intelligent press releases, given to the feeders of the major press (is that Reuters? - my knowledge on the subject isn't perfect.) that show facts / statistics in a way that will scare the sh!t out of your average sheep, and watch the Journo's report it.

In short, let's make our own spin, and cause some PANIC. :ph34r:

But getting into the stock market scares the cr@p out of lots of people.........

Will people agree that playing the markets can ALSO leave you with fingers burnt? It frustrates me that it is made to sound so easy and without risk. Also people have family homes/children in good schools and for them it is not an option to STR and invest. Some banks this week are lowering their interest rates for savers and for many it is “easier” to pay the mortgage and keep on believing.

lots of people are sitting on a huge sum of equity and people i have spoken to, are happy to sit and ride it out if a crash actually happens. Until you see front page headlines in Sun/Daily Mail people will not believe it. My best mate is making a killing on the stock market, but he really knows his stuff and has lost big time in the past. At the moment ANY bleak news in London is balanced out by talk of bonuses in City and record numbers of job vacancies (in City).....Doom and gloom re: Xmas spending did not materialise. this is what people are seeing and reading.....

For 2 weeks running a popular? Channel 4 property programme which is seen by more people than view this web site showed punters offering full asking price and this week they had to bid MORE to secure the property……(granted they then pulled out.) Why is their no talk yet of falling prices in the mainstream?

I am spooked because I see the broader picture on this site, but I do not honestly see 50-70% falls - as some people are talking about on this forum - UK wide. But how long and what will it take before it hits the public between the eyes?

edit: the stock market scares the cr%p out of me b/c i do not understand the basic fundamentals . Advice given to TTRTR re alternative investments for £100K, i would need a IFA to even begin to understand it........and i do not consider myself devoid of ANY brain cells. Would be interested in any research re: the basic financial understanding of average home owner.

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

But getting into the stock market scares the cr@p out of lots of people.........

Will people agree that playing the markets can ALSO leave you with fingers burnt? It frustrates me that it is made to sound so easy and without risk. Also people have family homes/children in good schools and for them it is not an option to STR and invest. Some banks this week are lowering their interest rates for savers and for many it is “easier” to pay the mortgage and keep on believing.

lots of people are sitting on a huge sum of equity and people i have spoken to, are happy to sit and ride it out if a crash actually happens. Until you see front page headlines in Sun/Daily Mail people will not believe it. My best mate is making a killing on the stock market, but he really knows his stuff and has lost big time in the past. At the moment ANY bleak news in London is balanced out by talk of bonuses in City and record numbers of job vacancies (in City).....Doom and gloom re: Xmas spending did not materialise. this is what people are seeing and reading.....

For 2 weeks running a popular? Channel 4 property programme which is seen by more people than view this web site showed punters offering full asking price and this week they had to bid MORE to secure the property……(granted they then pulled out.) Why is their no talk yet of falling prices in the mainstream?

I am spooked because I see the broader picture on this site, but I do not honestly see 50-70% falls - as some people are talking about on this forum - UK wide. But how long and what will it take before it hits the public between the eyes?

edit: the stock market scares the cr%p out of me b/c i do not understand the basic fundamentals . Advice given to TTRTR re alternative investments for £100K, i would need a IFA to even begin to understand it........and i do not consider myself devoid of ANY brain cells. Would be interested in any research re: the basic financial understanding of average home owner.

Its as simple as this:

When its a bull market for stocks its easy to make money. Even for fools. It takes some brains or a hell of a lot of luck to make money on the SM when its a bear market though.

Almost like the housing market. When property is going up any fool can make money.

As for funniest things, here is a classic on what can happen when you spin too much BS:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/26599

If the whole chain of 20 drops 50% you have enough houses to affect local median values. Problem is that the government loses out on tax, EAs lose commissions and VIs sell smaller mortgages. Makes you think doesn't it? IMagine a whole chain dropping prices 50%.......

You could make a TV show on that , help people sell their house by making chains that are 50% cheaper, LOL

So where do you want to start. I reckon the 250-350 market is the real problem. But that would take 25000 people if we all kicked in a 10er. If we wanted to bung 100 on it that 2500. Now realistically I reckon you are looking at 1000 and 250 punters. Sorry. Charity begins at home!