House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Telegraph in spectacular denial

The Telegraph is like an Enid Blyton book but with longer more complex words.

They simply tailor their content for their desired audience, playing to the gallery.

For me it is like Daily Mail but with better formatting. I've reached that conclusion after they got obsessed with Pippa's bottom for months. 

Doh I've already thought of that ages ago, and probably posted this on HPC.

Instead of 45 Grim Road.

You rename your house to Sea View Mansions, Grim Road. There, instant £100K.

Who needs £18 sticks.

The postman/courier must get annoyed though. I've tried delivering something once to a named house, on a road of named houses, with no numbers. Arghh!

Edited by 200p

1 hour ago, 200p said:

The postman/courier must get annoyed though. I've tried delivering something once to a named house, on a road of named houses, with no numbers. Arghh!

As a former courier covering unfamiliar routes I wholeheartedly agree.

Hey, visit this website http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/

They have a list of numbers and their meanings. E.g. 7

The seven virtues. Three theologicals: faith, hope, love - or charity. Four cardinals: force, justice, prudence and temperance.

or ahem 69

Symbol of the couple, the attachment, where links are created.

or 666

The number of the Beast of the Revelation, or Apocalypse.

Etc....

You could use the number of your house to remind buyers of this extra selling point, if you don't wish to change it to a name. And it also provides property journalists, more material for another cheap article to ramp up property. You could head the article with this buzzclickbait name "House Numbers - One Simple Trick that your Realtor doesn't want you to know about".

Edited by 200p

20 hours ago, juvenal said:

No wonder I'm having trouble selling my 'flipper' project at 666 Massacre Street...

:lol:

What an excellent use of time and money that whole business is, really, what a tremendously productive economy we have, it's just bloody marvellous. For 40 quid you can get lots of public bodies to dance around engaged in pointless, crap, history-'cancelling' activity so you can add loads to your house price. I really hope it was an april fool's day joke, it has wound me right up.

Do the postmen/courier/Taxi Driver/Grocery drivers a favour.

Have your door number BIG. Even better, have your bins beside your front door with BIG numbers on it.

Even when I had to deliver to a house which is numbered  - some houses don't even have a number visible. Argh!