House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AlecM

Making a success of Brexit

As a remainer, what can I do to make a success of Brexit?

How does "talking things up on the street" affect the decisions in global board rooms that decide the fate of the country?

Advice welcome!

..continue to challenge with your beliefs...don't fake it...any BREXITEER worth their salt will counter challenge in a positive way, accordingly ...it's a free country ..and a democracy..which it would not be if we stayed in the EU....they are run by the non elected....:rolleyes:

Why would politicians who allowed themselves to be so out of touch, suddenly rise to the challenge of running the country differently...Brexit doesn't change their complacency and indifference surely...

5 hours ago, AlecM said:

Why would politicians who allowed themselves to be so out of touch, suddenly rise to the challenge of running the country differently...Brexit doesn't change their complacency and indifference surely...

It surely should be doing that. Of course they will 'look through' and conveniently forget what this was actually all about, but It's up to us to keep reminding them isn't it? Or we could all just sleep walk through life I suppose....

The politicians didn't allow themselves to be so out of touch... WE allowed them.

P.S. I used to be complacent and indifferent but these days I couldn't be bothered.

18 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Simple things like support British business, and buy British products.

You would develop malnutrition soon after the Brexit.

1 hour ago, rollover said:

You would develop malnutrition soon after the Brexit.

Such positive thinking !!

7 hours ago, AlecM said:

I am sure I can make a success of Brexit, as can many others with substantial assets held overseas.

If it wasn't so cruel I'd publicly laugh at those who voted for Brexit only to impovrish themselves.

3 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I am sure I can make a success of Brexit, as can many others with substantial assets held overseas.

If it wasn't so cruel I'd publicly laugh at those who voted for Brexit only to impovrish themselves.

As long as you keep filing your million pound tax returns they'll be alright.

7 hours ago, AlecM said:

Now everyone has a clear interest in holding our politicians accountable. That's what you need to do.

after you've defined your success criteria...

1 minute ago, hotairmail said:

We would get cheaper food too into the bargain by opening up to world food markets.

How much cheaper do you think food should be?

It's never been cheaper to eat and eat well in this country

4 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

That is irrelevant as to what I think the price of food may be. Or any other price, like cars.

The fact is that the EU is a price support mechanism for agriculture within the EU thru both direct and indirect means - it is a PROTECTIONIST bloc.

You said we would get cheaper food, so it's not irrelevant - that's what you said I'm afraid. I want to know how much cheaper you think it will/should be by sourcing it freed from the shackles of the EU

Edited by knock out johnny

14 hours ago, AlecM said:

Advice welcome!

Check the websites of foreign countries' embassies and see what the costs and pre-requisites are for obtaining another nationality. Figure out how long you have remain in Little Brexitia and focus all your energies on that.

In five short years you could be free. ;)

12 hours ago, AlecM said:

...no...but they will be working in a democracy..which the EU is not...and never will be ...that model demands the unelected lead and rule....no thank you ....:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

You said we would get cheaper food, so it's not irrelevant - that's what you said I'm afraid. I want to know how much cheaper you think it will/should be by sourcing it freed from the shackles of the EU

...the unelected protectionism may result in waste and cheaper food today ...but what about tomorrow... ?.....we need to move forward in a democracy and be governed by people whom we elect ...the MEPs do not govern....why do we have this 'pretend'  layer of overpaid blank politician... most people are unable to name their MEP...this is not democracy....:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, South Lorne said:

...no...but they will be working in a democracy..which the EU is not...and never will be ...that model demands the unelected lead and rule....no thank you ....:rolleyes:

You will be shocked to see the Post-Brexit democracy. But it will be too late.

3 hours ago, hotairmail said:

We would open up to trade from Africa and help them trade their way out of poverty instead of locking them out of our markets, then dumping our surpluses and charity onto their markets so they fail. We would get cheaper food too into the bargain by opening up to world food markets.

Or the future cheap food will be GM and meat full of hormones and antibiotics.

2 hours ago, ZeroSumGame said:

Check the websites of foreign countries' embassies and see what the costs and pre-requisites are for obtaining another nationality. Figure out how long you have remain in Little Brexitia and focus all your energies on that.

In five short years you could be free. ;)

So everyone who is negative about Brexit is going to ****** off abroad and leave the rest of us here to get on with it ?

Amazing !! This just gets better. :)

15 minutes ago, ccc said:

So everyone who is negative about Brexit is going to ****** off abroad and leave the rest of us here to get on with it ?

Amazing !! This just gets better. :)

Yes, crashtastic like the NHS.

3 minutes ago, rollover said:

Yes, crashtastic like the NHS.

The NHS main issue is numbers. Every story you read or hear on it is "increased" demand.

Now an ageing population will certainly have an impact on this. However opening our borders to half the planet (Slight exaggeration but not too much) ain't going to help - is it ? 

15 hours ago, AlecM said:

The ballot box can change them though ....at this point in time they have only just received and understood the message

If the electorate just excepts the same old shit not a lot will change ,i`m hopping this is a turning point  though as it`s pretty clear to me vast swathes din`t agree with the same old shit during the run up the the referendum

Edited by long time lurking

20 hours ago, AlecM said:

Ignore it, and at the first sign of it going wrong, be prepared to support whichever political forces will stop it from happening.

6 hours ago, rollover said:

You will be shocked to see the Post-Brexit democracy. But it will be too late.

...freedom always come at a price ...cowards accept slavery.....:rolleyes: