House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Alternative discussion sites to FUBRA

FUBRA has removed two important threads.  Their game, their rules, and I have no problem with that.

However, those two threads were a major source of truth on the issues - can anyone suggest good alternate sites (no conspiracy/race war forums please) that allow good debate on those issues?

PLEASE do not comment on the thread deletion or this thread will also be banhammered.

Try snowheads.com, it is supposed to be a ski website but the "apres" section is full of middle aged blokes arguing about stuff. Don't expect illiberal views to be welcomed with open arms but the bloke who runs it rarely locks threads or bans anyone.

There used to be a very good alternative to hpc called *********************.co.uk - it was set up by a former member who was fed up when FUBAR took over this site. Most of the decent posters migrated to it but unfortunately it no longer exists. Other dissatisfied members went over to GreenEnergyInvestors.

Wow! FUBAR still censor its URL (which was basically the same as this one but with 'global' in front of it).

Edited by OurDayWillCome

1 minute ago, workingpoor said:

The car forum PistonHeads, the free discussion area is called "gassing station" 

Ooh, that might be for me!:blink:

I'm not a racist or anything like that, but I do have a "toilet mind", and some of my posts might be a bit naughty, but that ultimately is up to FUBRA.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Ooh, that might be for me!:blink:

I'm not a racist or anything like that, but I do have a "toilet mind", and some of my posts might be a bit naughty, but that ultimately is up to FUBRA.

You would enjoy the PistonHeads site i think, it is a good website

Just now, workingpoor said:

You would enjoy the PistonHeads site i think, it is a good website

Are there any tits on it?

1 minute ago, This time said:

You in about five minutes?

:P

Somebody is awake at the back!:blink:;)

Apologies to EssKay if I am incorrectly pointing the finger at them but they posted in the London terrorist with the usual combined criticism / control of the forum post as is traditionally the province of Mortgage Bitch and Spinwheel.

I suggested that anybody on the forum purely for such negative purposes should be banned though I didn't report the post.

I may have inadvertently given them ideas so they reported the while thread and mods deleted it based on the whinge of somebody who would rather the forum didn't exist, but still posts on it for reasons best known to themselves.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Apologies to EssKay if I am incorrectly pointing the finger at them but they posted in the London terrorist with the usual combined criticism / control of the forum post as is traditionally the province of Mortgage Bitch and Spinwheel.

I suggested that anybody on the forum purely for such negative purposes should be banned though I didn't report the post.

I may have inadvertently given them ideas so they reported the while thread and mods deleted it based on the whinge of somebody who would rather the forum didn't exist, but still posts on it for reasons best known to themselves.

Starting the witch hunt already Frank? What evidence do you have? Will you accuse me next? Or sPinwheel? Amazing how you can accuse people of closing down discussion and do exactly the same before drawing breath.

By the way, don't be so disrespectfully ignorant, my name is 8itch.

Once we have a consensus on where we can discuss these issues can someone post or pm me?  I was learning a lot from some very informed posters. 

As others have said, I don't want to join some fringe/loon forum but do welcome open debate 

1 minute ago, One-percent said:

Once we have a consensus on where we can discuss these issues can someone post or pm me?  I was learning a lot from some very informed posters. 

As others have said, I don't want to join some fringe/loon forum but do welcome open debate 

Wayaye mon! Get us a broon!:blink:

Time was people were banned for trying to encourage others to join a rival forum, now posters seem to be viewed as an unwanted irritation.

How things change.

I have no intention of abandoning OT any time soon, but if I do it will be for PistonHeads as, like HPC, I have an interest in the core subject matter from which one can then go Off Topic.

Just now, One-percent said:

Parmos with that pinny? 

Ham stottie and a pickled egg!:blink:

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Time was people were banned for trying to encourage others to join a rival forum, now posters seem to be viewed as an unwanted irritation.

How things change.

I have no intention of abandoning OT any time soon, but if I do it will be for PistonHeads as, like HPC, I have an interest in the core subject matter from which one can then go Off Topic.

+1 for pistonheads

(they have a 74 page thread on events of this week) 

This thread has been closed because one of the posters on it used the opportunity to point the finger at other posters (unwarranted since the posters in question had not reported anything) and have a dig at the Moderators.  Fubra and the Moderators made it plain that closing extremist threads  was not up for discussion.  Moderation will be used to control this forum.