House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepwello'nights

Most apolitical browser

Following the political censorship being exerted by Google what browsers do posters think I should switch to. 

I've got Duck duck go, which seems ok, are there any others that can be recommended?

browser or search engine?

Duck duck go is based on Google, they just strip out all the activity tracking.

I'm not sure if a truly unbiassed search engine exists because a lot of them scrape results from each other.

For a web browser FireFox is the most open and honest. (but you need to disable Flash or it will run as slow as Internet Exploder)

Just as there isn't any point in using a normal search engine other than Google, there isn't any point in using a privacy-centric search engine other than DuckDuckGo.

In regards to browser, switch to Firefox. I'll never use Chrome as Google have too much power.

(Yes, I know that Google donates to Mozilla)

BTW I have some spare time on Sunday, if you guys think there's enough demand I'll setup a forum using Invision software like this on a bulletproof VPS. I'm more than happy to. Won't be any ads etc.

A good site I visit, although not strictly a forum, is http://www.going-postal.net . It's more political than economical, but similar.

44 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

BTW I have some spare time on Sunday, if you guys think there's enough demand I'll setup a forum using Invision software like this on a bulletproof VPS. I'm more than happy to. Won't be any ads etc.

A good site I visit, although not strictly a forum, is http://www.going-postal.net . It's more political than economical, but similar.

Im not a big poster, but Id be very happy to migrate.

I use Firefox in private browsing mode. All adblockers, ghostery.

II've distrusted Google ever seeing a mark dice video and comparison of search results for Clinton with Google and Yahoo. Lower ranking of Clinton crimes, I was surprised and disappointed by that.  moved away from chrome after that

20 minutes ago, jfk said:

I use Firefox in private browsing mode. All adblockers, ghostery.

II've distrusted Google ever seeing a mark dice video and comparison of search results for Clinton with Google and Yahoo. Lower ranking of Clinton crimes, I was surprised and disappointed by that.  moved away from chrome after that

That could be perfectly innocent. I would imagine that Google's user base would be younger than Yahoo's and are therefore more likely to be SJW types who really actively don't want to know about Clinton's crimes and therefore will not search for Clinton's crimes or click on any link mentioning them. 

42 minutes ago, This time said:

That could be perfectly innocent. I would imagine that Google's user base would be younger than Yahoo's and are therefore more likely to be SJW types who really actively don't want to know about Clinton's crimes and therefore will not search for Clinton's crimes or click on any link mentioning them. 

https://qz.com/823922/eric-schmidt-played-a-crucial-role-in-team-hillarys-election-tech/

That isn't how Google's SERPS work either, btw. It's not based on number of clicks from its users, but mainly the amount of links/buzz/authority/whatever.