House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Getting Old Obviously: Help Me Choose Hip Band Name

Name for my new band  

12 members have voted

1. 1. I think a good band name is:

• Crack Addicts
    • Wife Beaters
    • Drink Drivers
    • Granny Muggers
    • Ethnic Cleansers
    • Kiddie Fiddlers
    • Drug Pushers
    • IED Planters
    • Tax Evaders
    • Alcohol Abusers
    • Chain Smokers

So I'm obviously "well old" and therefore need advice about a potential name for a new, hip. band.

My hope is their image will attract the youth of today and, in so far as is possible, cause kids to take on elements of the band's image, taking their 'brand' to a wider audience. My hope is they will prove a big influence on today's youth. Initially I hope to give them a certain acquired kudos by teaming them up with established acts - like for instance Coldplay.

I've come up with some candidate names which I hope you'll cast your votes on. Thanks in advance.

Yours

Cuthbert If-you-didn't-know-better-you'd-call-me-clueless Cowelery

I'm from an era that saw bands named stuff like The Stranglers and The Sex Pistols. But we never had SJWs or Snowflakes. We had Mary Whitehouse to do all that sort of rubbish for us, whilst we got on with misbehaving.

It just strikes me as weird that a group would nowadays chose a name that today's right-on sorts may see as tantamount to encouraging aberrant behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

I'm from an era that saw bands named stuff like The Stranglers and The Sex Pistols. But we never had SJWs or Snowflakes. We had Mary Whitehouse to do all that sort of rubbish for us, whilst we got on with misbehaving.

It just strikes me as weird that a group would nowadays chose a name that today's right-on sorts may see as tantamount to encouraging aberrant behaviour.

Option 2 - wife beaters should surely

be Stella and the Wife Beaters

******** Voyagers. Nuns of Filth. Gilbert Herring Band

What if Chainsmokers were called The Pro-Anas or The Thinspirators?

Would that cause outcry?

Does anyone have a clue what is and what is not acceptable these days?

Lynch Mob?

56 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Slëdgëhëäd.

How I hate the inappropriate use of the umlaut!:o It's not clever and Blue Oyster Cult did it in 1969.

4 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

So I'm obviously "well old" and therefore need advice about a potential name for a new, hip. band.

My hope is their image will attract the youth of today and, in so far as is possible, cause kids to take on elements of the band's image, taking their 'brand' to a wider audience. My hope is they will prove a big influence on today's youth. Initially I hope to give them a certain acquired kudos by teaming them up with established acts - like for instance Coldplay.

I've come up with some candidate names which I hope you'll cast your votes on. Thanks in advance.

Yours

Cuthbert If-you-didn't-know-better-you'd-call-me-clueless Cowelery

you can't do "kiddie fiddlers".....they're a young irish folk group on britain's got talent

what sort of music are you playing.you say you're getting on a bit.

if you do hard rock/metal, then might I suggest..ANUSOL.(sort of sounds a bit motorhead but for those without the luxury of prancing round the stage in leathers)

the "ethnic cleansers" would probably be suitable if you do skinhead/punk.

3 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

Gastric and the Bandits?

Jerry and the atric's, if you want to do the butlin's circuit.

3 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

shame really, SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS does sound like a pretty cool band name....nice and grimey,down wiv da hood sorta thing.

John Tree and The Branches.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

9 minutes ago, oracle said:

shame really, SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS does sound like a pretty cool band name....nice and grimey,down wiv da hood sorta thing.

ANTI-SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS surely!

A friend's son once asked me if I could think of a good name for his band. I suggested " Wisconsin Death Trip ",which was a TV documentary(?) at the time. His band mates vetoed it though. Why not have a look at lists of obscure films for inspiration? A few bands at random which nicked film titles were..The Searchers, Fine Young Cannibals, Black Sabbath, Babes In Toyland, My Bloody Valentine, Godspeed You Black Emperor, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.