Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Spotty @rse breakouts and London Underground

Recommended Posts

So every now and then, I've come up with a spotty rash (basically pimples with small white heads and a few septic ones) over my @**** and the back of my legs. Never been too worried as it always cleared up quickly and always blamed it on suit trousers needing a dry clean or it being hot and a bit sweaty.

However, I now read this article and suddenly it makes sense:  http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/23/seats-on-seven-london-underground-lines-are-never-shampooed-6464904/

I had noticed I never got these periodic outbreaks whilst on holiday and there was no correlation with using trains, as I do this  weekly.  But after a almost  month of  exhaustive testing, and not sitting on  tube seats full stop, I now find the problem has not recurred.   I'd not correlated it to the Underground as I never really thought whether I was had been sitting or standing and also it's normally a smaller part of the journey. Basically it is a staphylococcus infection.

Anyway, I want to Christen the condition "commuters @rse", thanks to the folk at LUG/TFL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A work colleague of mine was complaining how on their journey home, after sitting on a tube seat, their trousers were all wet. As in very wet. We wondered whether it was a spilt drink or something else. :wacko:  now that we have night trains ferrying the party people home in the middle of the night, I guess that this will become more of an everyday occurrence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aeroplanes seats are dirty too, they only have a short turnaround time so can't be getting cleaned.

Imagine jumping into a seat that some sweaty beast has just climbed out of after a 10hr flight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So every now and then, I've come up with a spotty rash (basically pimples with small white heads and a few septic ones) over my @**** and the back of my legs. Never been too worried as it always cleared up quickly and always blamed it on suit trousers needing a dry clean or it being hot and a bit sweaty.

However, I now read this article and suddenly it makes sense:  http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/23/seats-on-seven-london-underground-lines-are-never-shampooed-6464904/

I had noticed I never got these periodic outbreaks whilst on holiday and there was no correlation with using trains, as I do this  weekly.  But after a almost  month of  exhaustive testing, and not sitting on  tube seats full stop, I now find the problem has not recurred.   I'd not correlated it to the Underground as I never really thought whether I was had been sitting or standing and also it's normally a smaller part of the journey. Basically it is a staphylococcus infection.

Anyway, I want to Christen the condition "commuters @rse", thanks to the folk at LUG/TFL.

 

Cleaning just removes the protective patina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some years ago, when I was commuting daily to London, there was a Metro article about some analysis of tube seats. It seems they contained ruin, faeces, rat and mouse droppings and all manner of infectious matter. After that I stood on my tube trips from Waterloo to Paddington and back daily. And I never ate or drank on the tube. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of a time when I was on a plane heading to HK a few years ago. I dropped something on the floor and it rolled under the seat in front, cue lots of stretching and scrabbling about trying to get it back.

Suddenly I felt something..unexpected and pulled my hand back sharpish. To my utter horror it was covered in green-flecked loogies deposited there by, I presume, the manky previous occupant of the seat who'd clearly spent the entire flight gobbing on the floor.

Public transport can be seriously gross.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Reminds me of a time when I was on a plane heading to HK a few years ago. I dropped something on the floor and it rolled under the seat in front, cue lots of stretching and scrabbling about trying to get it back.

Suddenly I felt something..unexpected and pulled my hand back sharpish. To my utter horror it was covered in green-flecked loogies deposited there by, I presume, the manky previous occupant of the seat who'd clearly spent the entire flight gobbing on the floor.

 

 

Gross.  Good reason not fly economy if you can avoid it.  I'd have asked for a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lot are spoiled rotten.

The stains on the chair in my man-cave following a typical weekend take the combined powers of Mrs XYY, a few squirts of Fairy Liquid, and the vigorous application of a stiff scrubbing-brush to get that baby anywhere approaching hygienic.

Clean seats...?

Luxury...

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Gross.  Good reason not fly economy if you can avoid it.  I'd have asked for a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have had a bit of a moan. Not before belting up the aisle towards the cleansing bogs like Bolt himself, holding my hand out in front of me as if it were on fire and looking like Edvard Munch's The Scream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The XYY Man said:

You lot are spoiled rotten.

The stains on the chair in my man-cave following a typical weekend take the combined powers of Mrs XYY, a few squirts of Fairy Liquid, and the vigorous application of a stiff scrubbing-brush to get that baby anywhere approaching hygienic.

Clean seats...?

Luxury...

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah but that's your 'stuff'. You will happily sit in it, but others? No.  

The thing I have noticed recently on the tube is the number of people letting one rip.  Really stinky ones.  I wonder whether it's a deliberate act.  I think so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One-percent said:

Yeah but that's your 'stuff'. You will happily sit in it, but others? No.  

The thing I have noticed recently on the tube is the number of people letting one rip.  Really stinky ones.  I wonder whether it's a deliberate act.  I think so.  

:)

You really should leave that manky London, and come back up North you know....!

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One-percent said:

Yeah but that's your 'stuff'. You will happily sit in it, but others? No.  

The thing I have noticed recently on the tube is the number of people letting one rip.  Really stinky ones.  I wonder whether it's a deliberate act.  I think so.  

A remember being on a bus as kid whilst on holiday in Greece.  Some old bloke let rip, too many beans and retsina probably, and I was totally gassed.  Didn't help that I was probably about 7 and not much above **** height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChewingGrass said:

Bring back 1970s heavy duty vinyl or hard plastic, wonderfully hoseable and gives you a fantastically sweaty crack after 15 minutes or so.

Aye..?

Well our lass gives me a sweaty crack in less than three minutes.

So Norris McWhirter, are we a pair of "RECORD BREAKERS" or what....?

;)

 

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

You really should leave that manky London, and come back up North you know....!

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

Smoggy land?  Well at least I'll be able to buy parmos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

You really should leave that manky London, and come back up North you know....!

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

The North is cleaner apparently.   Even Kirstie Allsopp agrees: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3355355/Kirstie-Allsopp-caused-fury-saying-southerners-DIRTIER-northerners-Liverpudlian-WINIFRED-ROBINSON-t-grubby-homes-south.html

I do think there is some truth in this.  In the south people put up with more squalid conditions as housing is so expensive, and when things are squalid, people treat everything like cr@p and don't try to improve it unless they have lots of free cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One-percent said:

Smoggy land?  Well at least I'll be able to buy parmos.  

Aye.

But can you actually eat one, and - more importantly - can you keep one down...?

Crucial "milestones" I'm sure you'll agree on your hallowed journey back "Up-North"

;)

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The North is cleaner apparently.   Even Kirstie Allsopp agrees: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3355355/Kirstie-Allsopp-caused-fury-saying-southerners-DIRTIER-northerners-Liverpudlian-WINIFRED-ROBINSON-t-grubby-homes-south.html

I do think there is some truth in this.  In the south people put up with more squalid conditions as housing is so expensive, and when things are squalid, people treat everything like cr@p and don't try to improve it unless they have lots of free cash. 

It's simple. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Yorkshire is god's own. Can't speak for the rest of the north though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Aye.

But can you actually eat one, and - more importantly - can you keep one down...?

Crucial "milestones" I'm sure you'll agree on your hallowed journey back "Up-North"

;)

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

I'm not sure that I want to take up the challenge. Now fish and chips, done in the proper way in beef dripping. Now your talking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, One-percent said:

 

The thing I have noticed recently on the tube is the number of people letting one rip.  Really stinky ones.  I wonder whether it's a deliberate act.  I think so.  

That's just properly obnoxious. Happens in busy pubs quite a lot as well though the perpetrator is usually easily spotted stood with his mates, shirts over noses all laughing like Beavis and Butthead.

It is now categorically impossible for there to be a group of more than ten members of the public gathered together and have them all behave themselves. It's why I can't be arsed with cinemas, concerts etc. any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

That's just properly obnoxious. Happens in busy pubs quite a lot as well though the perpetrator is usually easily spotted stood with his mates, shirts over noses all laughing like Beavis and Butthead.

It is now categorically impossible for there to be a group of more than ten members of the public gathered together and have them all behave themselves. It's why I can't be arsed with cinemas, concerts etc. any more.

Tend to agree. 100 years ago these people would have been sent over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

That's just properly obnoxious. Happens in busy pubs quite a lot as well though the perpetrator is usually easily spotted stood with his mates, shirts over noses all laughing like Beavis and Butthead.

It is now categorically impossible for there to be a group of more than ten members of the public gathered together and have them all behave themselves. It's why I can't be arsed with cinemas, concerts etc. any more.

 

Farting in pubs really grinds my gears. It happened to me a few months ago when I was at the bar waiting my turn where 3 or 4 guys in a group were being served. The culprit wasn't going to own up to it. Made me feel sick and I felt sorry for the bar staff who have to put up with it.

Makes me think that they should reverse the smoking ban for pubs, clubs and bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   92 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.