House Price Crash Forum

MPs criticise BBC's coverage of Brexit

HOLA441
HOLA442

The BBC did report it, but the denial/rebuke by their representative suggests they aren't listening yet. Not surprising when the only sanctioned newspaper among BBC staff is the Guardian, which is a quasi-autonomous offshoot of the BBC anyway, and never misses an opportunity to fawn over just how wonderful the Beeb apparently is.

HOLA443

The MPs warned the future of the BBC "will be in doubt" if it is not seen as a impartial broker.

It does seem ridiculous that the state media would wish to talk down it's country, and that a significant portion of people that pay the license fee will be leavers.

The same difficult birth pangs will be happening over in the US I suspect. The media must support it's own country no matter who is in power (but OK to question on constructively criticise) OR it might as well be siding with RT or  North Korea News

HOLA444
HOLA445

Good. 

The coverage was shocking all the way down to the public interviews that they conducted after the referendum.

"Right let's get some interviews. You! You're on remain, get out there and find some fresh-faced, wholesome students with plummy accents in a felafel cafe who think their futures have been pissed on by the nasty racists."

"You! Get your jabs and head north of the wall into Wallace and Gromit land. Find the most imposing, tattooed barely legible scaffolder you can find and make sure he mentions "immigrunts". Bonus points if you can film him in a pub surrounded by what looks like the members of the Addams family."

You'd expect this sort of crap from the Mail, not the BBC. It's standing with me was dead and buried after the referendum. Impartial my ****.

HOLA446

When I don't agree with a newspaper's views I don't give it money to help it to keep pumping out those views:

The Guardian - SJWs

The Express - HPI is GREAT!!!

So I don't give any money to the BBC to help it broadcast its pro-EU and anti-Trump views.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Good. 

The coverage was shocking all the way down to the public interviews that they conducted after the referendum.

"Right let's get some interviews. You! You're on remain, get out there and find some fresh-faced, wholesome students with plummy accents in a felafel cafe who think their futures have been pissed on by the nasty racists."

"You! Get your jabs and head north of the wall into Wallace and Gromit land. Find the most imposing, tattooed barely legible scaffolder you can find and make sure he mentions "immigrunts". Bonus points if you can film him in a pub surrounded by what looks like the members of the Addams family."

You'd expect this sort of crap from the Mail, not the BBC. It's standing with me was dead and buried after the referendum. Impartial my ****.

It was the referendum coverage that was the tipping point for me. I didn't renew my license and now only watch Netflix, Amazon, non-iPlayer on demand stuff and DVDs.

Mind you, since joining the gym and getting a dog I find I've got very little time for TV anyway.

HOLA448
3 hours ago, 200p said:

The MPs warned the future of the BBC "will be in doubt" if it is not seen as a impartial broker.

It does seem ridiculous that the state media would wish to talk down it's country, and that a significant portion of people that pay the license fee will be leavers.

The same difficult birth pangs will be happening over in the US I suspect. The media must support it's own country no matter who is in power (but OK to question on constructively criticise) OR it might as well be siding with RT or  North Korea News

Yes, but they are all the 'uneducated' stupid and racist ones, just like all those 'uneducated' Americans who voted for Trump.

The stereotyping that the BBC insist on doing should make them a laughing stock, sadly, enough in the rest of the media agree with this on-going brainwashing.

(I voted remain but I object to the attitude of the BBC and other 'elites' have about people who voted 'incorrectly')

Archived