Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Wednesday 29th March 2017


dgul

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness I suspect the reason Closet Remainer May is delaying it as late as possible into March is so Gina Miller or some other front for globalists has time to get their litigation in, therefore delaying it even further.

Can't see it happening sadly. Anyone else a bit more positive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have read that the PM will write a letter to all 27 member state leaders on the 29th March informing them of the UK's decision to leave the EU.

Is this actually triggering Article 50? 

Or some sort of fudge? 

It is my belief that it is obvious that we are going to be betrayed, it os telling that they have taken it right to the very end of march when it was implied Article 50 would be triggered "no later than the end of march" trying to make out that it could be triggered earlier.

IMO they will try for an extended negotiating period longer than 2 years (there is provision for it) 

And then seek to impose "transitional arrangements" for as long as possible post march 2019. 

This is all about stalling for time to try and prevent large scale peaceful protests from occuring. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

I have read that the PM will write a letter to all 27 member state leaders on the 29th March informing them of the UK's decision to leave the EU.

Is this actually triggering Article 50? 

Or some sort of fudge? 

It is my belief that it is obvious that we are going to be betrayed, it os telling that they have taken it right to the very end of march when it was implied Article 50 would be triggered "no later than the end of march" trying to make out that it could be triggered earlier.

IMO they will try for an extended negotiating period longer than 2 years (there is provision for it) 

And then seek to impose "transitional arrangements" for as long as possible post march 2019. 

This is all about stalling for time to try and prevent large scale peaceful protests from occuring. 

 

Yes I'm sure there's a Hotel California plan in motion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, workingpoor said:

I have read that the PM will write a letter to all 27 member state leaders on the 29th March informing them of the UK's decision to leave the EU.

Is this actually triggering Article 50? 

Or some sort of fudge? 

It is my belief that it is obvious that we are going to be betrayed, it os telling that they have taken it right to the very end of march when it was implied Article 50 would be triggered "no later than the end of march" trying to make out that it could be triggered earlier.

IMO they will try for an extended negotiating period longer than 2 years (there is provision for it) 

And then seek to impose "transitional arrangements" for as long as possible post march 2019. 

This is all about stalling for time to try and prevent large scale peaceful protests from occuring. 

 

yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

In all seriousness I suspect the reason Closet Remainer May is delaying it as late as possible into March is so Gina Miller or some other front for globalists has time to get their litigation in, therefore delaying it even further.

Can't see it happening sadly. Anyone else a bit more positive?

I am.

IMO I get the impression she realised which way the wind is now blowing and is going with it. She is doing a fairly good job of getting us to Article 50 and beyond.

She has  a lot of powerful opposition here and on the continent, but I still have faith in her.  Overall I think she has been playing a good game on in all issues during her Premiership... so far, bar the fustercluck that was the budget and Hammond. She hasnt really put a foot wrong.

(I am surprised mind you, and expect to be proved totally wrong in the not too distant.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What will happen on the 29th of March...?

Mrs XYY probably still won't be speaking to me 'cos I forgot the 28th of March is our wedding anniversary....

:(

 

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

5233955.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

To be fair, I don't think this is really relevant.

The Prime Minister should carry through the will of the people. Her personal view is irrelevant. I was all for Cameron actually getting some balls and staying in power to carry through the referendum result. That's what a proper leader would have done.

Instead, he threw his toys out of the pram and ran away - just because he didn't win. And in the process ruined whatever shred of a legacy he might have had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Facebook will experience the singularity, becoming fully self aware as a representation of its users.

One millionth of a second later it will vanish from existence as it instantly disappears up its own anus.

That is a wonderful thought.

And it's the second time that you've given me a semi-on tonight...

;)

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That is a wonderful thought.

And it's the second time that you've given me a semi-on tonight...

;)

 

XYY

                                                                                                               

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

 

My work here is done. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to the bbc radio news commentary this afternoon it's official - presented as as good as a fait accompli.  

They were even trying to put a brave face on it and trying/pretending to sound cheerful.

They even projected forward the two years to give the year leaving as 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, One-percent said:

You nicked that off me!  :lol:  not one person has responded to,it but I actually think it is quite good :)

Did you say it on another thread?

I'm still pondering though what the tactics are going to be? Stall just long enough, then lose the election to a pro EU Lib/Lab pact, who then withdraw the notice to quit; Or offer us the chance to vote on dodgy deal in another referendum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Unbowed said:

Did you say it on another thread?

I'm still pondering though what the tactics are going to be? Stall just long enough, then lose the election to a pro EU Lib/Lab pact, who then withdraw the notice to quit; Or offer us the chance to vote on dodgy deal in another referendum.

It'll be to set up a transitional arrangement that keeps us the common market, and then to drag on and on with the exit process so that the transitional arrangement has to be renewed, and then to say, "well actually isn't this transitional arrangement actually working really well?" And then to try and make it stick with some fudge that means that we never really leave, or leave in name only. The whole thing will be presented as an edge of your seat rollercoaster ride of unexpected occurrences, that are in fact mostly stage managed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Neptune said:

I am.

IMO I get the impression she realised which way the wind is now blowing and is going with it. She is doing a fairly good job of getting us to Article 50 and beyond.

She has  a lot of powerful opposition here and on the continent, but I still have faith in her.  Overall I think she has been playing a good game on in all issues during her Premiership... so far, bar the fustercluck that was the budget and Hammond. She hasnt really put a foot wrong.

(I am surprised mind you, and expect to be proved totally wrong in the not too distant.)

Pretty much my thoughts (budget would have been ok without the U-turn but I suspect that was to buy votes in parliament to get Article 50 through).

After 29th of March we get to see how truly inept the EU are.  After all their moaning about the UK being unprepared and disorganised let's see how long it takes them to agree a strategy and actually arrive at the negotiating table with us..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Unbowed said:

Did you say it on another thread?

I'm still pondering though what the tactics are going to be? Stall just long enough, then lose the election to a pro EU Lib/Lab pact, who then withdraw the notice to quit; Or offer us the chance to vote on dodgy deal in another referendum.

Yeah loads just after the vote. 

Im not sure how it will play out but convinced it is all orchestrated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe they should have waited another couple days then 2 years down the line say "April fool!".

I have been thinking of the scenarios that might stop it or delay it being triggered. Out of respect if a Royal gives up the battle, nuclear bomb on a European city, court case, plane flown into nuclear power plant, massive terrorist attacks, collapse in the markets, asteroid impact, Trump assassinated, viral outbreak, 9.0M earthquake in Peckham, Tsunami, EMP from the Sun, etc.

Maybe one or a combination of those by next Wednesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.