House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Oz property - chinese police boss jailed for bribes

The door to Chinese money laundering is wide open in Australia.. Massive suburbs are dedicated to this stuff, vast swathes of Sydney and Melbourne where every house and/or high rise flat is snapped up by offshore buyers, mostly Chinese and it would seem mostly with money to hide.  The government pretends to be cracking down on some of this stuff, like they are not allowed to buy used property, only new unless they get approval first but that approval may as well be pre stamped by estate agents.  The government was supposed to sign some international agreement on money laundering 10 years ago but they knew it would be the end of their personal vested interest in property price ramping.  Whatever you think of London as a real estate money laundering centre, I would say Australia is that x3 at least.  The oz government have to be the most corrupt in the western world when it comes to running the place for self interest and self interest for the last 15 years has been nothing other than real estate speculation alongside offshore tax avoidance.   We, my other half and me are returning to the UK because as bad as the UK is, Australia is worse in so many ways, especially housing.

ps  Speaking of high rise flats, was looking at one out of curiosity near Parramata in Sydney recently,  $800k for a 2 bed flat,  pokey rooms etc and very hot if you did not have the air conditioner on all day and night.  Asked the Chinese speaking agent who did not in fact want to talk to us (we were the only white faces there) as we were not his selling demographic I assume,  eventually I got his assistant, an 18 year old pretty face girl handing out brochures  and asked her what the service fees were. She did not know so had to go and see Mr Chinese who would not speak to us previously, She came back with the answer, $8000 per quarter!  (Thats near on 250 Great British Quids a week) I can imagine many of the Chinese buyers would not even think to ask this question as they dont know that the body-corporate as it is called here is the collective of owners run by a manager and is run as a fairly major profit centre for a business  which is just leaching off the already ripped of owners (more like tenants that have paid a fortune to move in)

eventually I got his assistant, an 18 year old pretty face girl handing out brochures  and asked her what the service fees were.

She did not know so had to go and see Mr Chinese who would not speak to us previously, She came back with the answer, $8000 per quarter!  (Thats near on 250 Great British Quids a week) 

I can imagine many of the Chinese buyers would not even think to ask this question as they dont know that the body-corporate as it is called here is the collective of owners run by a manager and is run as a fairly major profit centre for a business  which is just leaching off the already ripped of owners (more like tenants that have paid a fortune to move in)

Sounds like an uber- ppi type compo scandal on steroids in the making 

"My name is Ozzy Mandarinus, bling of blings;

Look on my Wads, ye Mighty, and despair ! !

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/resources/learning/core-poems/detail/46565 

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship