House Price Crash Forum

Get thin. arm and a leg

SarahBell

HOLA441

http://slimmeria.com/

where she lived on 400 calories a day and had to exercise for four hours every day.
Like a posh bootcamp.

Lisa Riley has lost shed loads of weight with them and had an op to remove all the excess skin apparently. Photo http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/18/lisa-riley-shares-inspiring-weight-loss-picture-i-dont-recognise-the-person-in-the-other-photo-6518174/?ito=twitter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, that is amazing. Well done here. Was it all down to munching on health shakes or did she have a gastric band fitted?

Speaking at the time she told The Mirror she was fed up with people asking her if she’d had a gastric band.

She said: ‘If one more person asks me about a gastric band then I swear I will be tempted to cut myself open and show people there’s nothing there.

Well done Lisa, she looks like a totally different person.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well done Lisa, she looks like a totally different person.

Yep, but didn't one of her ex-colleages deny having a gastric band for ages, and did a lucrative TV advert for some diet stuff, only to sometime later, when The Sun exposed her, was forced to admit that she had lied and did in fact have one?

Ah, here we are - 'Fern Britton's Big Fat Lie':

https://www.theguardian.com/news/blog/2008/jun/04/thefernbrittonfurore

HOLA445

400 cals a day is not enough food and risking serious malnutrition, add 4 hour of exercise a day and basically she just starved herself or went into negative calorie deficit. 

once your a "biggie" there is no way back, other than looking like a deflated balloon at the end of it all.

HOLA446
HOLA447
4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Good for her on losing weight, but it's dangerous to publicize the idea that anyone should be on 400 calories a day. That's very, very dangerous and could cause more harm than good.

It's probably better to eat well (but not too much) and move around a bit.

HOLA448
7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's probably better to eat well (but not too much) and move around a bit.

Yes - I went for a 5 mile walk this morning and had a slice of crunchie cheesecake in the middle of the walk. I'm still a beanpole, and I got to enjoy a slice of crunchie cheesecake. Win-win.

HOLA449
3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes - I went for a 5 mile walk this morning and had a slice of crunchie cheesecake in the middle of the walk. I'm still a beanpole, and I got to enjoy a slice of crunchie cheesecake. Win-win.

Well I'm still a bit thin and I'm over 50. Some of my mates piled on the pounds after 35-40 ish.

HOLA4410

Why is this 'news'  -- is everyone out there an idiot?

'So, let me get this straight -- If you stop eating loads of food all the time, you lose weight.  Hmm.  What about losing weight first, then cutting down on the food.  Would that work?'

I suppose I'd like to be impressed -- people of that size (IMO) have an appetite problem, and it takes quite a bit of willpower to stop eating.  But she just bought some people to keep an eye on her constantly, making sure that she didn't eat.    I'm not sure it would be possible to do it on your own.

Regarding body shape -- there is plenty of evidence out there that it is hard coded.  Thin people aren't thin because 'they've got lots of willpower, unlike those fatties' -- if they had the 'eat now' signals that the fat person has then they'd be fat as well.  And the 'eat now' signal is meant to come before the fatness, even though the fatness drives the signal ever stronger (ie, a positive feedback system). 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
48 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Well I'm still a bit thin and I'm over 50. Some of my mates piled on the pounds after 35-40 ish.

Are you suggesting I'm going to start porking up once I reach 35? That's only two years away, Pin! Say it ain't so!

HOLA4413
8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Are you suggesting I'm going to start porking up once I reach 35? That's only two years away, Pin! Say it ain't so!

Look at yer dad!:mellow:

HOLA4414
8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Around about half of people start getting overweight from about 35.  They tend not to notice until they're about 45, at which point it is difficult to change lifestyle to sort out the problem.  When you're about 45 you'll notice the ones affected.  

I was lucky -- I was starting to get larger but had a lucky conversation with an expert on my 40th birthday (by coincidence -- she didn't know it was my birthday).  I managed to notice what had been happening and changed my lifestyle drastically.

HOLA4415
21 minutes ago, dgul said:

Around about half of people start getting overweight from about 35.  They tend not to notice until they're about 45, at which point it is difficult to change lifestyle to sort out the problem.  When you're about 45 you'll notice the ones affected.  

I was lucky -- I was starting to get larger but had a lucky conversation with an expert on my 40th birthday (by coincidence -- she didn't know it was my birthday).  I managed to notice what had been happening and changed my lifestyle drastically.

True dat my weight has been creeping up since about 35. I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, SarahBell said:

http://slimmeria.com/

where she lived on 400 calories a day and had to exercise for four hours every day.
Like a posh bootcamp.

Lisa Riley has lost shed loads of weight with them and had an op to remove all the excess skin apparently. Photo http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/18/lisa-riley-shares-inspiring-weight-loss-picture-i-dont-recognise-the-person-in-the-other-photo-6518174/?ito=twitter

someone is really missing a trick with this.

you have to have an ethical ,"feeling", compassionate edge to such programmes these days,being pampered at your leisure in a sodastream jacuzzi,treating yourself to a  cayenne pepper enema or discovering the properties of vietnamese pot-bellied pigsh1t face-packs is very decadent.

They should open a new one called "the siiberian gulag experience"..that way you can lose weight via a staple diet of beetroot borsch,spuds and gruel,and work off those extra pounds in our purpose built open cast mine....get the REAL feel for how the dissidents managed their miraculous weight loss,andcome out of the programme emotionally drained,cleansed and ready to face the world again.

you can also choose the burma railway option.

works with auschwitz,that's more or less a tourist attraction now.

it's a health camp with a SJW feel to it.

HOLA4417
44 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Look at yer dad!:mellow:

42 minutes ago, dgul said:

Funny you mention that - my Dad was skinny like me, then started putting the weight on when he was 35. Got a bit fatter, standard middle aged man beer belly nothing too mental, and then lost the weight when he turned 60. Now at 65 he's leaner than most men 20 years younger than him.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

lucky *******!

saying that I am now quite partial for smoothies for breakfast.I do feel considerably better for it.Used to be mainly cereals,but I'm of the opinion now that too much grains alone.is not the best way to start the day.

Still do an occasional muesli+yogurt+raisins(or cranberries) for brekkie and that's nice,but maybe only once per week.

sausage sunday is still on the cards too!..grilled,not fried,of course.

HOLA4419
Just now, oracle said:

lucky *******!

saying that I am now quite partial for smoothies for breakfast.I do feel considerably better for it.

I'm a smoothie person and my mate has just started drinking them - he swears his libido has gone through the roof since he stated drinking them. Can't say they've had that effect on me but I'm happy for him all the same.

HOLA4420
29 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm a smoothie person and my mate has just started drinking them - he swears his libido has gone through the roof since he stated drinking them. Can't say they've had that effect on me but I'm happy for him all the same.

in my case it was down to a combination of lethargy and a couple of nasty bouts of something inflammatory..still don't know what to this day. one of my work colleagues suggested gout,but I went to the quacks for tests and they came up normal......so I took a look at my diet anyway and came to the conclusion I wasn't really getting my five a day.

that and a beverage i call "danish lemsip"..a mixture of fresh squeezed lemon,honey and ginger(very tasty i might add), one small whisky glass twice a day,have worked absolute wonders and I have not had a recurrence in the best part of a year.

likewise with lunch,used to be the case I would pop over to the shop across from work for a sandwich,but now take a vat of homebrew lentil or vegetable soup instead.

..see "slow cooker" thread for some ideas!!!!..pressure cooker ideas just as important!

HOLA4421

Fckme!

Assuming the blurb is right, theyve people losing almost a stone a week!

Boggling!

Tihinking, would it not be cheaper to get a ard ass teetering on type 2 packed off to a low rent version of this?

Good to see the method did not shrink Ms Denmarks boobs.

HOLA4422
44 minutes ago, GARCH said:

True dat my weight has been creeping up since about 35. I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

Sounds a bit facile, but the answer is to eat less.  But, actually doing it is difficult.   For me, I cut down on grains massively, and significantly increased my fat intake.  Sounds bonkers, but it worked.  Oh, and I moved to one meal a day for most days* (dinner).

21 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Breakfast cereals were invented for the sole purpose of decreasing libido.  (Google the elder Kellogg brother, John Harvey Kellogg)

[*Funnily enough, JH Kellogg was also a proponent of limiting the number of meals a day.  Of course, he'd weep at the affect of my high-protein high-fat diet on my sexual constitution, one-meal-a-day or not.]

HOLA4423
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Good for her on losing weight, but it's dangerous to publicize the idea that anyone should be on 400 calories a day. That's very, very dangerous and could cause more harm than good.

agreed..on a diet ,1000-1500 cals is the sweet spot.it's enough to fool you that you're getting enough.You also have to trick your body that it is full.the best way is small meals often,as it takes about 20mins for your body to register that it has actually eaten something...wolfing down a big portion of whatever once or twice a day forces you into "energy conservation" mode.

HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, dgul said:

Breakfast cereals were invented for the sole purpose of decreasing libido.  (Google the elder Kellogg brother, John Harvey Kellogg)

[*Funnily enough, JH Kellogg was also a proponent of limiting the number of meals a day.  Of course, he'd weep at the affect of my high-protein high-fat diet on my sexual constitution, one-meal-a-day or not.]

Gonna google that right now - interested in anything nutrition-wise and I'm just paranoid enough to actually believe it.

HOLA4425

Archived