House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Scottish Parliament

I think the Scottish parliament is very forward-thinking. They also have an excellent Parliament building.

I particularly like how every MSP's office comes with it's own Masturbation Pod, where they can sit and crack one off at the taxpayer's expense.

Note the bamboo stretched over most of the pod windows, so they can pretend they are hiding in the bushes.

0_buildings_-_scottish_parliament_window

You are a shining wit, as ever!:huh:

Just now, happy_renting said:

I usually get called a whining s***.

Revd. Spooner is not lost on you!:huh:

14 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

I think the Scottish parliament is very forward-thinking. They also have an excellent Parliament building.

I particularly like how every MSP's office comes with it's own Masturbation Pod, where they can sit and crack one off at the taxpayer's expense.

Note the bamboo stretched over most of the pod windows, so they can pretend they are hiding in the bushes.

0_buildings_-_scottish_parliament_window

Is that a magic eye picture?

If I cross my eyes I can kind of see an MSP biffing one out.

17 hours ago, happy_renting said:

I remember having some choice thoughts regarding these 'think pods' when they were building the parliament.

I also read something a couple of years ago about the high maintenance costs of the Scottish parliament building.  they are I am sure a tiny fraction of what it costs to maintain Westminster, but it was insane to build it (in the 2000's?) with excessive built-in long-term expenses. How long does it take some contractor (at specially negotiated 'competetive' government rates that no homeowner/business would ever agree)  to clean all those stupid little Windows.

4 minutes ago, lulu said:

I remember having some choice thoughts regarding these 'think pods' when they were building the parliament.

I also read something a couple of years ago about the high maintenance costs of the Scottish parliament building.  they are I am sure a tiny fraction of what it costs to maintain Westminster, but it was insane to build it (in the 2000's?) with excessive built-in long-term expenses. How long does it take some contractor (at specially negotiated 'competetive' government rates that no homeowner/business would ever agree)  to clean all those stupid little Windows.

I'm afraid my work has skewed my appreciation of old buildings.

When I was younger I so wanted to own a Grade 1 star listed building, oh the joy of history all around me.

Now I think how much it would cost for a new roof, what if the windows need replacing, what state is the wiring in etc.

Not all spectacular modern buildings come with high maintenance bills but that one seems actively designed to cost more to run.

Still, it is a nice design.

I always imagined Frank as a Grade 1 Listed Accountant.

6 hours ago, lulu said:

I also read something a couple of years ago about the high maintenance costs of the Scottish parliament building.  they are I am sure a tiny fraction of what it costs to maintain Westminster,

it bloody well should be considering they only have about 8% of the population of the UK,I would expect 8% of the cost...anything more is frankly bad management.