House Price Crash Forum
Fairyland

George Osborne named new London Evening Standard editor

9 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

She does have some extraordinary shoes but she'd have to up the heel height quite considerably.

Trust me, people wont be looking at her shoes.

Or her boobs, to be honest.

Yes, agree, it is Orwellian but that is where we have been for a while, surely. Wasn't all that surprised. Right-wing horrors, non-illegal conflict of interest. And GO did love to cook up a property bubble to 'make everyone feel good' - he's found another capacity in which to keep that laudable pursuit up.

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

Is he qualified?

EDIT: Apparently he tried to be a journalist once but failed. Independent from 2010.

Seems he didn't get the job at the Economist because he dropped his name 'G-I-D-E-0-N'?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/george-osborne-a-silver-spoon-for-the-golden-boy-2004814.html

Pretty tiresome having to alter all those Gideons. I'll leave this one as is.

It sounds like Osborne could have a discrimination case against the Economist - for not using his Jewish name (for whatever reason) - something that seemed to irk his interviewer.

28 minutes ago, Si1 said:

The MP for tatton, Cheshire?

Disappears at the next election due to boundary changes.

Apparently he's a Londoner through & through. At least that's what the Russian billionaire who will be paying him says.

2 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Is he qualified?

EDIT: Apparently he tried to be a journalist once but failed. Independent from 2010.

Seems he didn't get the job at the Economist because he dropped his name 'G-I-D-E-0-N'?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/george-osborne-a-silver-spoon-for-the-golden-boy-2004814.html

Pretty tiresome having to alter all those Gideons. I'll leave this one as is.

Being Editor of the Evening Standard probably requires the attention span of a newt.  And will involve about 2 hours work per week, mostly likely.

Of course he's qualified.

3 hours ago, rantnrave said:

In order to champion the Northern Powerhouse, he's going to edit a London paper?

+1

and in the interests of pursuing the Northern Powerhouse he's got a job with the world's biggest fund manager?

Edited by billybong