House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Compression Sports Socks

Someone was looking for compression socks. Tomorrow night at 6.20PM for Prime and 6.50PM for non-Prime there will be a lightning sale on these compression socks. Currently £11.95 so they should be a few quid cheaper.

Lots of good reviews about quality. Advice seems to be to older bigger size though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LUNMQ2G/ref=gbps_img_s-3_95b6_d9f3932b?pf_rd_p=cba24898-a7db-4045-b379-eb99bf9295b6&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=8QFVF3AAV0ZN2SHT5P1D

Mr Tulip. Nobody is interested in your socks!:o

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Mr Tulip. Nobody is interested in your socks!:o

I know. It is sad. What is worse, I am not interested in the socks.

Just that someone posted that they wanted some under a tenner and they are ruddy expensive things usually. I think they are all hype just like those bits of coloured sticky tape runners stick on their legs to make them go faster.

14 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I know. It is sad. What is worse, I am not interested in the socks.

Just that someone posted that they wanted some under a tenner and they are ruddy expensive things usually. I think they are all hype just like those bits of coloured sticky tape runners stick on their legs to make them go faster.

Personally, I think it started with clever psychological warfare between different sports groups.  Something along the lines of

'tell them that we're using special socks!  They'll put their research into special socks, wasting precious resources that they could be spending doing something useful!  Muhahaha!'

[or possibly:

Q: 'How can we explain the significant performance gain that we've got by injecting <undetectable secret substance> into our athletes?  '

A:  'Tell them we're using special socks.  They're idiots and will fall for anything.']

It's 283 days to Christmas, if you drool over socks!:huh:

I'm still trying to work out how and in what sport having your feet squooshed would help.

May be less of a target for rugby studs? 

46 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

I'm still trying to work out how and in what sport having your feet squooshed would help.

Maybe there's a problem with DVT in high altitude skydiving?

Apparently they make them less prone to injuries, heal injuries faster and help you to run faster. Pretty amazing things. I have no idea how good a cup of coffee they make but it would not surprise me that they make the best coffee in the world.