House Price Crash Forum

Islington New Builds - Not sold, now up for auction at £400k below original asking.

Pablo

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I wonder if any were sold at £1.8m....if so what must those buyers be thinking to see the same units next door now going for £400K less...oh dear.  Anyone buying in London now needs to have their eyes wide open...no longer 'close your eyes and buy at new highs'...!

HOLA445
3 hours ago, ItalianV6 said:

Interesting, I just received an email for some newbuild townhouses, reduced from the original price of £1.8m to an auction guide of £1.4m - must be desperate to clear!

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/home.asp?JP=LDE&A=1026&ID=1026000106

"BY ORDER OF NOTTING HILL SALES, PART OF NOTTING HILL HOME OWNERSHIP"

Parent company is Notting Hill Housing Trust.

Interesting.  It's gonna get tough for some of these housing associations. 

HOLA446
1 hour ago, darwin said:

More Scumbaggery.

Peabody Founders are probably turning in their grave.

HOLA447
HOLA448
4 hours ago, Parkwell said:

I mean seriously, London is a joke right? A hilarious piss take. No one in their right mind wants to do that? 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Youngest daughter is at uni and doing a house share with the daughter of a lord. I kid you not.  As an aside, we went down this weekend and it was like a scene out of the young ones, so guess said lord's offspring is slumming it somewhat.

anyhow, said daughter was well annoyed as the lord and lady had been to visit and were making small talk.  On hearing that my daughter lived in London, lady's response was, I can't believe anyone would choose to bring children up in London. 

HOLA449
On 13 March 2017 at 8:08 PM, One-percent said:

Youngest daughter is at uni and doing a house share with the daughter of a lord. I kid you not.  As an aside, we went down this weekend and it was like a scene out of the young ones, so guess said lord's offspring is slumming it somewhat.

anyhow, said daughter was well annoyed as the lord and lady had been to visit and were making small talk.  On hearing that my daughter lived in London, lady's response was, I can't believe anyone would choose to bring children up in London. 

Not when £1.4m buys a Manor House, a title and space for horses and staff in some parts of the U.K.  

Guess it depends on what people believe is important to them. 

I am in the smoke tomorrow and I still laugh inside as the sardines jam themselves into their under ground trains to work in the pods to do some job for a corporate. There is the odd stand out free thinker who might have a Friday pink shirt in or perhaps someone with sandals whose a surfer at heart....but they are kidding themselves.  

Not for all the tea in China would I live in a box in Islington. Lovely place to stay for a day or so...I grant you that. ?

HOLA4410
39 minutes ago, Phil321 said:

Not when £1.4m buys a Manor House, a title and space for horses and staff in some parts of the U.K.  

Guess it depends on what people believe is important to them. 

I am in the smoke tomorrow and I still laugh inside as the sardines jam themselves into their under ground trains to work in the pods to do some job for a corporate. There is the odd stand out free thinker who might have a Friday pink shirt in or perhaps someone with sandals whose a surfer at heart....but they are kidding themselves.  

Not for all the tea in China would I live in a box in Islington. Lovely place to stay for a day or so...I grant you that. ?

Yep I've just done that and sitting at work now. As I farmer once said after a trip on the tube: I would be charged if I treated my cattle like that. 

The anger however is palpable and I don't think it will take much to kick it all off. There has been a massive increase in population in London without the commensurate infrastructure building. People are angry 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
27 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Yep I've just done that and sitting at work now. As I farmer once said after a trip on the tube: I would be charged if I treated my cattle like that. 

The anger however is palpable and I don't think it will take much to kick it all off. There has been a massive increase in population in London without the commensurate infrastructure building. People are angry 

London - Emperors new clothes. 

Understand the anger from the lifers whose families have lived there for years and the generation below who want to stay there. 

Its the newbies joining financial services, marketing, HR, etc moving into the area I don't get. Rather earn 70% less and live in Yorkshire. Net income better...time better.....air better.....views better. And guess what, you maybe a hierarchical level below the London staff, but you can work for the same company and do the same job. 

As a northern corporate lifer I have seen the split. Those in London are rewarded a bit more, progress a bit more and influence a bit more. But those 10 years when you reach that height in the business fly by and as I approach my last year or so in the business, I am happy I stayed where I did. 

Feel for the locals though. They will be angry. 

HOLA4413
On 3/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, Wayward said:

I wonder if any were sold at £1.8m....if so what must those buyers be thinking to see the same units next door now going for £400K less...oh dear.  Anyone buying in London now needs to have their eyes wide open...no longer 'close your eyes and buy at new highs'...!

No. 21 by the looks of it. For £1.875m Sept 2016!! (Next door (no.22) is the property referred to in the Allsop listing that appears to be identical. Blimey.

One to watch.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
5 hours ago, One-percent said:

There has been a massive increase in population in London without the commensurate infrastructure building. People are angry 

This. London raises the tax revenues but hasn't been allowed to expand in a sustainable way due to national policies over green belt tensions, poor investment decisions and austerity. So demand mainly went to create a price bubble that's about to pop. Not the only factor in the bubble but a sizeable contributor. 

Edit - don't be surprised if places like Bristol and Manchester go through the same process next.

Edited by Patient London FTB

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, Patient London FTB said:

This. London raises the tax revenues but hasn't been allowed to expand in a sustainable way due to national policies over green belt tensions, poor investment decisions and austerity. So demand mainly went to create a price bubble that's about to pop. Not the only factor in the bubble but a sizeable contributor. 

I don't want expansion ta very much :).  I live on the edge (both of London and my nerves due to living in London).  I can walk my hound into Epping Forest and it feels like being anywhere else in the country.  I would not relish it all being concreted over - there is enough of that.

What I do object to is the mass immigration we have witnessed, with most of these bods moving to London, without bothering to increase the number of trains from my local station or the NHS provision. 

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I don't want expansion ta very much :).  I live on the edge (both of London and my nerves due to living in London).  I can walk my hound into Epping Forest and it feels like being anywhere else in the country.  I would not relish it all being concreted over - there is enough of that.

What I do object to is the mass immigration we have witnessed, with most of these bods moving to London, without bothering to increase the number of trains from my local station or the NHS provision. 

Understandable - and clearly the majority view in the country as shown by Brexit vote. 

But there's a price to pay in terms of either further cuts to public services or higher taxes or both. 

HOLA4418
On 13/03/2017 at 5:43 PM, darwin said:

16 at this HA on over £100k this year compared to 12 last year. CEO's package £256k.

Loans, derivatives etc: 

https://www.nhhg.org.uk/media/1956/2016-notting-hill-housing-financial-statements-web.pdf

HOLA4419
43 minutes ago, Patient London FTB said:

Understandable - and clearly the majority view in the country as shown by Brexit vote. 

But there's a price to pay in terms of either further cuts to public services or higher taxes or both. 

Getting corporations and the rich to pay their share would be a start.  then start actually making stuff again and that would raise tax.  I don't feel the problem is insurmountable.  The damage is being done by chasing neo liberal polices and a capitalist, globalist agenda where the only purpose is to enrich the elite by impoverishing the rest. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 16/03/2017 at 9:14 AM, One-percent said:

Whats got better since the riots for the folks rioting?

HOLA4424
21 hours ago, Patient London FTB said:

But we are always told that immigration and the folks coming in are a contributor?

Ergo we should be rolling in lots more money and able to build more facilities or at least maintain the ones we already have.

HOLA4425