House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyres

How much do you need to earn to rent in Britain

Looks like I should be living in the bad part of town then. Not sure what any of this has got to do with Hillarys' Blinds though, other than targeting the areas of town who can afford to buy their "quality" products.

Why is this published by a window blinds company ?? .... anyway I was hoping to see a heatmap style presentation rather than just a list of figures. Still interesting that the cheapest city requires a hourly rate higher than NMW.

Edited by goldbug9999

Yep, a housing benefit bill in the region of £30bn a year is like competing against one of the worlds richest entities. They set the market rate (although ironically, claim to pay it without noticing it's them setting it)

2 hours ago, fru-gal said:

You can earn very little. Housing benefit (LHA - Local Housing Allowance) will either pay most or all of it. 

Or you can earn £800 a week on the oil rigs and and be down as living with your mother/brother/cousin while your partner claims full HB and full tax credits.Like a good few people in my town do.Then again one of them does have 3 horses to pay for so the £20k+ from the taxpayer helps.

20 hours ago, durhamborn said:

Or you can earn £800 a week on the oil rigs and and be down as living with your mother/brother/cousin while your partner claims full HB and full tax credits.Like a good few people in my town do.Then again one of them does have 3 horses to pay for so the £20k+ from the taxpayer helps.

You forgot to add your affiliate link?

On 13/03/2017 at 0:44 PM, Tiger131 said:

Looks like I should be living in the bad part of town then. Not sure what any of this has got to do with Hillarys' Blinds though, other than targeting the areas of town who can afford to buy their "quality" products.

Neither am I , but I am sure hilary would go blind at how much of an hourly rate she would have to earn, to live in a sh!te hole area