House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isambard

AB Blood Groups

7 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Does anyone think that AB blood groups are actually superior to OO (the most common)

I actually believe it to be so.... Discuss.

Tell us why you think AB is superior.

2 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Tell me why OO isn't ?

I didn't ask the original question about AB being possibly superior. You think it is, so tell us why you think this. 

I'd have to look up what blood group I am because I dont know off hand and really don't care. But I do know I'm an o type and not ab.

No idea - theres is a lot of talk in my area that AB negative is the way to go, and that OO is more animal. Its spreading like wildfire and people are very worried.

8 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I'd have to look up what blood group I am because I dont know off hand and really don't care. But I do know I'm an o type and not ab.

Where would you look it up? I thought they had stopped revealing blood types these days to prevent "Dad" working out that the kid's not his.

6 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Where would you look it up? I thought they had stopped revealing blood types these days to prevent "Dad" working out that the kid's not his.

I used to donate blood many years ago and might have the little booklet I got, back in the day. I think it had my blood type on it.

I stopped doing it when I fainted and was unwell. Nowadays I keep my blood for my own body.

If you had blood tests at the doctors surgery surely they would tell you what type you were if you asked? I don't know. It's not something that concerns me.

17 minutes ago, Isambard said:

No idea - theres is a lot of talk in my area that AB negative is the way to go, and that OO is more animal. Its spreading like wildfire and people are very worried.

Don't panic! You're blood type is what it is. It can't be changed. I'm an o whatever type. If that makes me an animal I'm not bothered!

2 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Cool...I think others would differ, waiting to hear other replies.

Best if you get off to bed now and get a rest if you're worrying about something you can't change...your blood type ?

I don't want to change it. I am interested in Eugenics. And yes you can't change your blood type your haemoglobin dictates that. I'll will discuss tomorrow if you want as I have just come back from a half marathon and completely knackered.   

Just now, Isambard said:

I don't want to change it. I am interested in Eugenics. And yes you can't change your blood type your haemoglobin dictates that. I'll will discuss tomorrow if you want as I have just come back from a half marathon and completely knackered.   

Tomorrow's a new day for me and discussing blood type is not a priority for me. So I'll bow out now. Hopefully someone else will discuss blood type and eugenics with you ?

1 hour ago, Isambard said:

"More" animal?

Whatever your blood type I can assure you that you are 100℅ animal.

If you have read something that has convinced you otherwise, then I'm afraid to say that you have got the wrong end of the stick. You are not the Kwisatz Haderach.

I came across a video on youtube talking about Rh- blood types and their history, very interesting. 

No idea if it's relevant to this thread, but err... whatever. I thought it was interesting :)

6 hours ago, Isambard said:

It's likely the different blood types confer different advantages for some diseases, but not others. 

As for AB, it seems like it's not always an advantage:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-your-blood-type-means-for-your-health_us_5627bfcae4b08589ef4a1fc5

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2753479/Having-rare-AB-blood-type-increases-risk-developing-dementia.html

[^admittedly, the both sources should be taken with a large pinch of salt]

This is a good description of the field too:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140715-why-do-we-have-blood-types

Who are these people who are very worried? I've given exactly zero thought to my blood type for 30+ years.  Sounds like people have been reading some shite on the internet and are blowing it out of all proposition.  Personally, I only worry about the things I can change...