House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LazyDay

An Evidence Of Public Fear

An Evidence of Public Fear

Good Housekeeping magazine (Feb issue) has just come up with a list of 11 popular emotionally-driven behavioural patterns that in their view cost people money. The magazine targets, I would suppose, wide female audience and if it had not been for my better half I would probably never have had a chance to read it. The list is made of usual stuff like No 1: borrowing instead of using your savings, No 9: Trying to borrow your way out of trouble. However, Mistake 10 made me smile.

"Mistake 10

Getting stressed about house prices

You feel like your home is loosing value – hardly surprising when television programmes constantly urge us to see a house as an investment rather than somewhere to live...."

It seems like a widespread worry, all of a sudden.

Remember a few years ago when it was women who decided on what house a couple bought?

Now it seems more to be blokes looking to get rich quick