House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax Feb '17 Ekes Out 0.1% Rise

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

On the back of a big fall last month too.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/house-price-index/

Oh - and last month's fall of 0.9% has sneakily been revised to -1.1%. This means the latest figure would have been a negative. First fall of over 1% a month for a loooooong time!

See the other thread that claims it was a fall...My question was...how much did they revise last months figure down.

Quel Surpise.

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

See the other thread that claims it was a fall...My question was...how much did they revise last months figure down.

Quel Surpise.

From -0.9% to -1.1%.

See if you can do the maths...

1. @AskHalifaxBank @BBC It could be my imagination but they seem to do this A LOT.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

@AskHalifaxBank Say house prices went up 0,.1% last month...after revising last months for from 0.9% to 1.1% Are @BBC reporting that ?

28 minutes ago, John The Pessimist said:

I assume the market is 'pausing for breath' before surging again this Summer?

I think they dont like to say prices are falling ahead of the MSM push for the spring bounce.

1 months of negative figures would have a positive effect on house prices...positive if you like collapsing prices.

2 minutes ago, satch said:

What a surprise!! I posted ages ago on another thread that it is quite possible to have prices rises every month even when actual prices are falling every month ..... the magic of the monthly correction. With this approach they can report a 0.5% rise every month for example but over a year prices could in reality be 6% down ... simply 'correct' last month's figure to enable a price increase; job done. And MSM and the hard-working home owners lap it up.

Wouldnt put it past them.

5 hours ago, disenfranchised said:

Get ready for it...lamb-bounce.jpg

Lovely spring in the lamb's (baby sheeple) step, I love you lamb so much, you shall be mine, I shall call you HaPpIe, uh-oh, poor thing hasn't noticed that it is jumping on a hillside next to a cliff and the bubbling seas below...oopsy watch as the sheeple jumps and slips, tumbling down the cliff it into the raging seas below...bless, isn't it cute!