House Price Crash Forum

When I Win The £100million Euro Lottery This Friday...

matey

HOLA441
HOLA442

I mean do I offer £500,000 below on that £2million starter home or wait?

What will the interest be on this £100million while I wait?

Well it depends HSBC will give you 8% which is £8 million.

I would personally buy a £5million yacht and spend the rest of my days in the Carribean

HOLA443

At 5% interest you get 5 million a year - you then pay 40% tax on that so you will end up with 3 million a year after interest. Is that enough for you?

You will probably get offered a higher than standard rate by a bank in order to keep the 100 mill in their bank - don't forget, don't keep more than 30K in each bank! :rolleyes:

HOLA444
HOLA445

I don't think it matters how rich you are, no one wants to be ripped off.

Actually, I would offer 32% less (as that is what houses are overvalued by) - on the knowledge that I could pay 200% more if I wanted.

HOLA446

I think if I won that amount I wouldn't wait any longer on buying a place.

To placate my sense of guilt for not staying true to the HPC cause, I would purchase houses in various areas and sell them cheap as chips, losing 50k here and 30k there.

This would show up on nethouseprices and make it harder for others to acheive high prices in that area.

NDL

HOLA447

I think if I won that amount I wouldn't wait any longer on buying a place.

To placate my sense of guilt for not staying true to the HPC cause, I would purchase houses in various areas and sell them cheap as chips, losing 50k here and 30k there.

This would show up on nethouseprices and make it harder for others to acheive high prices in that area.

NDL

Balls to that you could have a 24 hour property TV channel and just run loads of the Market is screwed and are you stupid reports.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Well it depends HSBC will give you 8% which is £8 million.

I would personally buy a £5million yacht and spend the rest of my days in the Carribean

not so fast,the max on that is £250 a month!!....only gives an avg of 4%pa anyway,ok if you can only dripfeed a little bit.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I mean do I offer £500,000 below on that £2million starter home or wait?

What will the interest be on this £100million while I wait?

I am going to win, so I am afraid its tough..

I never buy tickets..

This time it is in the stars..

I would build a house with a moat and a batcave..

but I think first I would grab my passport, make sure someone was looking after my cat.. grab the missus and just go to an airport..

HOLA4413
Guest Charlie The Tramp

At my age it`s a waste of time winning £100 million so here are the winning numbers for this Friday. :)

16, 24,33,37,39 and the lucky numbers 2, 6

HOLA4414

At my age it`s a waste of time winning £100 million so here are the winning numbers for this Friday. :)

16, 24,33,37,39 and the lucky numbers 2, 6

Oh man, I wonder how many will put these numbers on?

Oh man, just imagine they were the winners!

Oh man, that'd be sweet justice.

Oh man, is this an omen?

NDL

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I was thinking about that - if hundreds do it they'll only get enough for a studio flat each. :(

I`m a great believer in wealth being fairly distributed. :rolleyes:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

you wouldnt be paying no 40% tax

you would shift the lot to switzerland and invest the taxable portion in shares through a fund manager, thus spending money you would have paid on tax on speculation for yourself instead.

i would buy small house by the sea with a bit of land, and use the rest and profit from it to buy up land that i would turn back into a natural wilderness.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Ordinarily I'd say you were mad to do a lottery (although I have done it myself now and then) given the odds against winning and the prizes etc.

However, here I think you would be mad NOT to enter the lottery on Friday - the odds against the jackpot are I think 76 million to 1. And the prize is nearly £100 million. So it looks like your bet has positive expectation does it not? If you did the same thing 76 million times on average you'd come out with £24m profit in the long run. Or if you had £76m hanging around now you could buy every ticket and make an instant 30% profit.

This all assumes one rather than multiple winning tickets but the liklihood of multiple winning tickets on the euromillions is far lower than on the regular lottery (which is why it has rolled over so much and did again last week despite higher ticket sales).

So, buy £100+ of tickets with your STR/FTB fund and know that you are making a (theoretically) profitable and reasonably logical decision.

Or am I talking rot?

HOLA4421

Ordinarily I'd say you were mad to do a lottery (although I have done it myself now and then) given the odds against winning and the prizes etc.

However, here I think you would be mad NOT to enter the lottery on Friday - the odds against the jackpot are I think 76 million to 1. And the prize is nearly £100 million. So it looks like your bet has positive expectation does it not? If you did the same thing 76 million times on average you'd come out with £24m profit in the long run. Or if you had £76m hanging around now you could buy every ticket and make an instant 30% profit.

This all assumes one rather than multiple winning tickets but the liklihood of multiple winning tickets on the euromillions is far lower than on the regular lottery (which is why it has rolled over so much and did again last week despite higher ticket sales).

So, buy £100+ of tickets with your STR/FTB fund and know that you are making a (theoretically) profitable and reasonably logical decision.

Or am I talking rot?

Think of it as a Super Premium Bond, but one where you don't get your capital back if you lose.

HOLA4422

I wouldn't touch property as an owner till it's gone down a bit (at least 10%)........even if ihad £100 million...You see however much money I had I wouldn't want ripping off...Would wait and pick up TTRTR's portfolio for two thirds of its current ''value'' when things get messy..

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Balls to that you could have a 24 hour property TV channel and just run loads of the Market is screwed and are you stupid reports.

The market is not screwed.

For it to be screwed it would have to be broken.

The most clearly defined cyclical market is starting its downturn.

Its done the same for donkeys years.

There are rules to this market

1: Please do not be suprised,

That was the only rule I can think of

you wouldnt be paying no 40% tax

you would shift the lot to switzerland and invest the taxable portion in shares through a fund manager, thus spending money you would have paid on tax on speculation for yourself instead.

i would buy small house by the sea with a bit of land, and use the rest and profit from it to buy up land that i would turn back into a natural wilderness.

No Tax, you paid the tax on the ticket.

The win would be tax free.

Gambling laws..:)

could you imagine, winning 100,000,000 and only having 60,000,000

It would be awful :)

HOLA4425
Guest Charlie The Tramp

The win would be tax free.

Gambling laws..:)

could you imagine, winning 100,000,000 and only having 60,000,000

It would be awful :)

I think he was refering to the 40% tax on the interest received.

Archived