House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441

I don't live there anymore but I was born there, moved away 18months ago and I haven't missed the place to be honest. I do miss bumping into people who I've known for years but I've made new friends and still meet up with old mates. Might even know your cousin cos it is a small pond. Don't know about it being the dogs oysters, though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
isn't "bedroom 2" great?

The walls are closing in on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :o:o:o:o:o

Let me guess, is it sales property of the week cos they can't believe that someone actually paid 1/3 of a million pounds for that battery-chicken coop?

HOLA448
http://www.landsdowne.co.uk/sales_property_of_the_week.htm

Part of a house for 295k- isn't "bedroom 2" great?

A repayment mortgage with insurance etc would probably be about £2400 a month, for what is really a 1 bed flat. Or, in nearby Acton you could rent a 4 bed house for over £1000 a month less (see link below). Now let me think, rent or buy? hmmm.....

http://213.219.11.243/cgi-bin/www.findapro...prop&pid=260809

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
A repayment mortgage with insurance etc would probably be about £2400 a month, for what is really a 1 bed flat. Or, in nearby Acton you could rent a 4 bed house for over £1000 a month less (see link below). Now let me think, rent or buy? hmmm.....

http://213.219.11.243/cgi-bin/www.findapro...prop&pid=260809

True, however I'd much rather live in Hammersmith than Acton. Acton is really dire.

HOLA4413
Are you from there? Is it as bad as people make out? I have a cousin living in Donny and she thinks it's the dog's ********.

Im from Doncaster

Not as bad as some towns/cities ive lived in before but,

Yep, i can probably say it does have a high STD rate, prob coz the nightlife is mental, pubs 'n' clubs have taken over much of the town in the last 7 years or so & as such attract loadsa people hence the High std rate

Local council talk ********, they have tripled my tax rate since 2000 & are now going on a spending spree building a "stadium" hmmn, "A Major international Airport to rival Heathrow" when the site has poor transport links, plus others i dont care to mention

Main Chavvie places in doncaster would be Edlington, Highfields as mentioned earlier & some parts of Balby.

Oh, and were to become a city - only the council have been trying 8 times so far i think & have subsequentley failed & are now getting desperate hence all this new building, lol

HOLA4414
True, however I'd much rather live in Hammersmith than Acton.  Acton is really dire.

I've lived in Acton for 3 years, large parts of are OK, some bits are really nice and some bits are shit. Just like Hammersmith in fact. OK, more nice bits in Hammersmith, but the difference isnt that extreme overall.

Hammersmith is still massively overpriced in relation to nearby areas despite a year of price falls.

HOLA4415
I've lived in Acton for 3 years, large parts of are OK, some bits are really nice and some bits are shit. Just like Hammersmith in fact. OK, more nice bits in Hammersmith, but the difference isnt that extreme overall. 

Hammersmith is still massively overpriced in relation to nearby areas despite a year of price falls.

Yep can't get over the prices in Hammersmith, I think it's because there actualy isn't all that much residential property there. It's a bit cheaper in the Barons Court area but the aircraft noise is probably the reason.

I lived in Acton for about 6 months and it's not that the area is rough, I just found it particularly depressing.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Some of those trailer park mobile homes are works of art, I tell you !! £75k for one of those ?

And the Hammersmith flat with the double bedroom that contains a double bed that touches all four walls......great stuff.

Now then. As for the debate about Acton and Hammersmith. I have lived in Fulham, Hammersmith and now live on the very south side of Acton.

From an estate agents point of view, Hammersmith hasn't really existed for some time - it is Ravenscourt Park on the west side, West Kensington on the north east side and Fulham on the south side. Broadly speaking, anyway. So Hammersmith was pretty much limited to the immediate vicinity of the roundabout. The high street is pretty awful, but some of the residential areas (that the estate agents refer to as Fulham, etc) are fairly pleasant. The area near the river is lovely.

On to Acton. It is a huge area, and to describe it, you really need to break it down into several separate areas - east / west / north / south as they are all quite different. Acton has historical links with the railways - there was a large goods yard and a large part of Acton stilll has this industrial vibe to it.

I live on the south side, not so far away from Chiswick, and the road I live on is actually pretty nice - tree lined, quiet but you can tell that a large % of the houses are split into rented flats. Literally 2 minutes away is one of the biggest council estates in Europe and another 2 minutes you are back in the middle class suburbia that is "Chiswick borders" (read: estate agent speak for South Acton).

Acton high street isn't particularly nice - at night, it is now dominated by a few pubs full of Australian travellers, and there are lots them wandering around drunk at the weekends.

There is also a large migrant population, namely Poles, although I still can't work out exactly why they choose Acton in particular.

So in summary, it's not a bad area to live. I used to live just off Holloway Road - trust me, you can do far worse than Acton

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
These threads shouldn't be allowed to die - they are just too good.

The 185K "park home" and that "thing" in Anglesey are the best yet.

Keep 'em coming.

Heres another park home

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/rm/template/pub...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

If you d blindfolded me and drove me to it, i might have considered buying it as i didnt see the other carvaans.

Over 55s mind you

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

It is about 35k (seriously) overpriced compared with virtually identical properties just yards away which don't seem to be selling either. No chain though, you could be in quickly. And it has potential - you could get a small conservatory in that garden. Wonder who owned it before :-)