House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441

Stunning!

property for sale?

I was just about to post this but now feel a little outmanouvered by that one. That really is incredible. I can remember being amazed when my aunt bought a parking space for 20k in docklands about 15 years ago. I wonder what it is worth now. I guess once the car is outlawed in london which it surely will be at some point, this will all be valuable development land!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I was just about to post this but now feel a little outmanouvered by that one. That really is incredible. I can remember being amazed when my aunt bought a parking space for 20k in docklands about 15 years ago. I wonder what it is worth now. I guess once the car is outlawed in london which it surely will be at some point, this will all be valuable development land!

must be a mistake.....or a joke. £50K maybe.....says leasehold but how long?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Stunning!

property for sale?

I can't top that. This lot http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20787573.html bothers me in that the agents have made a point of saying there are sky lights plus elec and water connected. We're only a HPI away from garages being the new "compact yet cosy pied e terre duplexes".

Edited by Starla

HOLA445

Seen that garage already on the 'HPC Photo Gallery' subforum...or somewhere else. £265k - absolutely incredible. :blink: Its about the same price as a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom. :rolleyes: I wouldn't want to park a new Roller in one of those lock ups.

I've done a search of property in Camden and 1 bed/ studio flats have asking prices of £179k + . Just shows how expensive the garage is. :angry:

HOLA446

I can't top that. This lot http://www.rightmove...y-20787573.html bothers me in that the agents have made a point of saying there are sky lights plus elec and water connected. We're only a HPI away from garages being the new "compact yet cosy pied e terre duplexes".

£83,333.33 per garage.

People do pay silly prices for non residential structures though. About 30 miles from where I live, in Southwold Suffolk, beach huts have sold for over £50,000! :blink:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Here's my nomination...been on the market since July when it originally went on for £286k

2063_NOR111919_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

4 bedroomed detached house in Norwich £276k

There are much better houses this size for similar asking prices. I think it used to be a former Policeman's House. Not a sh*thole itself but the house is not in a great area and a queue of traffic can appear outside regularly. £100k overpriced imo.

HOLA4415

Not really a sh*thole, but definitely massively overpriced:

http://www.jeremyswan.co.uk/propertyDetails.php?pid=380019

It's opposite a large pub. A nice pub but still a busy one. Also, it fronts almost directly onto the road and has virtually no back garden. More significantly, beyond the back garden used to be a small garden centre but a large development of flats and houses is now being built. Beyond that is a railway line. The council have slapped a "stop" order on this development, presumably due to some planning infringement, though I would hope any building work I get done will progress as quickly as this "stopped" work.

Anyway, 3/4 million to live in a cramped house, opposite a pub and surrounded by building work for the forseeable. The same money (or less) will buy you a decent sized 4 bedroom house in a sensible location and with a garden about 200 yards away. And I reckon they're overpriced too.

HOLA4416

Renting Forever - excellent spot with drum kits and bass speakers.

Not thin enough, but definately brown enough. Super LOL at the kitchen cabinets. WTF, it's like a 1970's-kitchen-train-carriage.

Studio flat to rent. Guess the landlord moved the lawnmower and car out first.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-31562128.html

I've sent that to Spelthorne council with an enquiry about its planning permission status.

Done my bit for the day!

HOLA4417

I've sent that to Spelthorne council with an enquiry about its planning permission status.

Done my bit for the day!

Great work. Do follow up on this on here, be interested to know how seriously the council take stuff like this. Otherwise we're heading towards renting garages, sheds and greenhouses as the norm (I mean bijou duplexes).

I think this one falls under Runnymede Borough Council...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35414192.html

For starters it's a flat, not a house and I'm dying to know how you get up to the front door in the roof.

HOLA4418

I'm a realist and am happy with my 'investments' (i.e. the flat I call home and the community i now live in)!

Brave? Yes. Lucky? Noooooo - many months of research and pounding the streets.

Prices in inner and central London are going one way in the medium to long term......... and I'm guessing you are already priced out of most of it (sorry but beyond Zone 2 is not London in my opinion - and even most of that isn't cheap anyway!)

So my advice to you would be to wake up!

You can't afford your dream - and neither could I. But I have a cool flat, have made a bit of cash on paper in the past two and a bit years, and can drill as many holes in my walls as I like.........and yes, Waitrose and tube is a huge selling point for me.

Roll your sleeves up sista, invest in a bat (drama queen), some paint, a new ex-display bathroom, a reclaimed kitchen from ebay and pretty accessories from pound land and bite the bullet - it's all you can afford. Alternatively move to Holloway :)

Your only other options are:

1. Look at places up to 1 hour away from a London Mainline Station (and judging by what i can tell - that simply wouldn't do for you)

2. Throw your money away on rent - ouch!

No amount of griping on here is going to change the facts - I'm here to help ;)

this is one of the funniest posts I have ever read

cheers

HOLA4419

http://www.rightmove...y-35414192.html

For starters it's a flat, not a house and I'm dying to know how you get up to the front door in the roof.

Crikey! :blink: How on Earth did that get Planning Permission?? :unsure:

Re access: there must be a staircase leading up to the 'patio' from the back garden of the actual building.

That would work much better as a Studio Flat rather than a 1 bedroomed flat. FFS, the bedroom looks bigger than the kitchen/living room. Try watching the TV or listening to the radio when the washing machine is on!

Look at the tiny shower room on the floor plan. Only room for a concertina door and bugger all room to dry yourself after showering.

HOLA4420

Crikey! :blink: How on Earth did that get Planning Permission?? :unsure:

Re access: there must be a staircase leading up to the 'patio' from the back garden of the actual building.

That would work much better as a Studio Flat rather than a 1 bedroomed flat. FFS, the bedroom looks bigger than the kitchen/living room. Try watching the TV or listening to the radio when the washing machine is on!

Look at the tiny shower room on the floor plan. Only room for a concertina door and bugger all room to dry yourself after showering.

Dunno how it got planning permission, I'm hoping SuperTed will get onto that one.

So if I'm thinking this through right, the flat and patio garden are at 1st floor height and must be built ontop of something? So basically the two houses either side have a 30ft high building plonked where the garden underneath used to be? A flat on top and wtf is below? I almost feel a viewing coming on!

Edited by Starla

HOLA4421

So if I'm thinking this through right, the flat and patio garden are at 1st floor height and must be built ontop of something? So basically the two houses either side have a 30ft high building plonked where the garden underneath used to be? A flat on top and wtf is below? I almost feel a viewing coming on!

I imagine that the ground floor flat has a longer extension than the upstairs one. The patio area of the upstairs flat is essentially the flat roof of the downstairs one.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

HOLA4424

the builder was a visionary

5867_EGH100093_FLP_00_0000.JPG

Who would have thought to use a hat and coat stand area as a whole bathroom ?...you could take a dump , lean forward and wash your hair at the same time ...genius!

not only that ...but the main window faces north ....to minimize the light , and enclose the space even more !

Edited by Tankus

HOLA4425

This house not far away from me caught my eye.

It has double glazed windows but other than that, doesn't seem to have been updated since the 1960s.

Close proximity to the train station and the city centre will probably mean someone might snap it up for £130k for their rental portfolio.

Property Bee shows that it went on the market on 18th Jan for £160k but on 21st Jan dropped to £150k.

One to watch, I think. :mellow:

2063_NOR112331_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

3 bed house Norwich £150,000