House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Easter egg or chocolate egg?

Just now, SarahBell said:

16832025_378375249186198_837200808708240

Nonsense or not?

Without Easter, there wouldn't be the chocolate egg. So I vote Easter Egg. Btw, I'm atheist. 

I find Easter offensive as I am Wester.

What about Norther and Souther? And all the areas in between.

HIGHLY OFFENDED. OUTRAGED.

Anyway, the chocolate egg makers consortium consists of only 3-4 players. No egg will say "Easter" on it.

I challenge anyone to find a mass produced chocolate egg this year with the word "Easter" on it. It will be a collectors item.

Just now, 200p said:

Anyway, the chocolate egg makers consortium consists of only 3-4 players. No egg will say "Easter" on it.

Did they ever?

2 minutes ago, 200p said:

Vintage Nestle 1970's Easter eggs

2740488B00000578-3024334-image-m-72_1428

I expect them to trawl through the whole internet and burn all traces of old Easter eggs.

Those flowers are lovely. :)

I recall this exact problem back in the 7th Century -- there I was, happy with my rite-of-spring egg, when along come those Christians with their Easter egg.  No, I say, it is a rite of spring egg.  Did they listen then?  Did they heck.  Cultural misappropriation, that's what it is.

Still, I was happy with the tradition to be kept alive by the ultra-secret Pagan branch of Cadbury's (difficult to hide, though, what with those fundamentalist Quakers), where the 'Buttons' Easter egg had a hidden dancing bunny motif.  I guess its sales were kept up by Wikkans worldwide, but now Kraft is trying to stamp them out -- and you thought religious persecution was dead...  I've got one of them living under the stairs.

2 hours ago, SarahBell said:

16832025_378375249186198_837200808708240

Nonsense or not?

Does islam celebrate easter?

Should Christians? 
What happened on good friday to make it good?

well sort of, but not easter because anything to do with that is allegedly pagan...not sure what the islamic equivalent is,but easter for xtians is passover for jews,so there is probably something around the same sort of date.

similar festival based on lunar cycle is evident.....and actually ramadan/sukkot etc are quite close in lunar calendar terms.(for september)

1 hour ago, dgul said:

I recall this exact problem back in the 7th Century -- there I was, happy with my rite-of-spring egg, when along come those Christians with their Easter egg.  No, I say, it is a rite of spring egg.  Did they listen then?  Did they heck.  Cultural misappropriation, that's what it is.

Still, I was happy with the tradition to be kept alive by the ultra-secret Pagan branch of Cadbury's (difficult to hide, though, what with those fundamentalist Quakers), where the 'Buttons' Easter egg had a hidden dancing bunny motif.  I guess its sales were kept up by Wikkans worldwide, but now Kraft is trying to stamp them out -- and you thought religious persecution was dead...  I've got one of them living under the stairs.

how dare you call quakers fundamentalist, when was the last time you saw them on a jihad?

2 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Without Easter, there wouldn't be the chocolate egg. So I vote Easter Egg. Btw, I'm atheist. 

i don't know about the egg bit, but there would still be chocolate without easter.

the milk tray man brings it apparently.Does the same sort of number as santa and the tooth fairy. nobody has ever seen him in action but some people DO get boxes of goodies on their bedside cabinets.....mostly young ladies.

2 hours ago, dgul said:

If you haven't already lost your virginity, I suggest you do so at the earliest possible opportunity, preferably with a young Britt Ekland lookalike.

24 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

If you haven't already lost your virginity, I suggest you do so at the earliest possible opportunity, preferably with a young Britt Ekland lookalike.

Chance would be a fine thing.  I'd more likely find myself doomed with a librarian.

Now, I'm as un-PC as they come, but I suspect if the word 'easter' is being dropped from chocolate eggs, it's because the marketeers want them to be sold all year round rather than just at one time of year. Cadbury's Creme Eggs, for example, are now sold all year round so presumably all references to Easter are dropped for that reason rather than a means of appeasing radical Islam and denigrating Christianity. 

Did not Jesus, our saviour, hand out the eggs fashioned from Chocolate during his speech on the Mount? Did he not create many eggs where previously there had been almost none at all? We should all remember the miracle of the Chocolate eggs.

16 hours ago, dgul said:

Wouldn't the pre-Christian Saxons have been calling it an Easter Egg, as the word Easter comes from the name of their fertility goddess?

19 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

original_Exploding_Egg.jpgThis one would work. I believe it's sold in Alan's Snackbar

Are you sure that's not Barry Scotts easter egg?

19 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

original_Exploding_Egg.jpgThis one would work. I believe it's sold in Alan's Snackbar

wtf??***!!! even the IRA weren't that viscious.

9 hours ago, Errol said:

Did not Jesus, our saviour, hand out the eggs fashioned from Chocolate during his speech on the Mount? Did he not create many eggs where previously there had been almost none at all? We should all remember the miracle of the Chocolate eggs.

in the re-written gospel that is true.

he sh@t them out and the contour of the stools was indeed egg shaped.of course not quite as tasty as chocolate, but it's the symbolism that counts.

in catholic mass you get a bit of wine that is apparently real blood,and a bit of cardboard wafer stuff that is supposed to be flesh...probably just as well because the SJW's would be going nuts if it was anything really meat related.

and funnily both catholics and muslims use rosary beads......don't even ask what they're for!:wacko:...I think they're in the ann summers brochure.