Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Barack and Michelle Obama sign record-breaking $60M book deal

Recommended Posts

Quote

Barack and Michelle Obama whipped the literary world into a frenzy with the news that the former president and first lady were getting to work on new books, and now they have found a publisher.

Just a few hours after multiple people with knowledge of the joint publishing deal told the Financial Times that bidding had surpassed $60million, The New York Times reveals that the couple has inked a deal with Penguin Random House. Daily Mail

$60 million? Fast and easy way to make millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally absurd. Obama has nothing of any interest to say. He spent more time on the golf course than any President in history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they are both seen as Gods by lefties, although based on what I'm not sure, I'd say they can crank out as many books as they like and they'll all sell very, very well.

Bill Burr said it well:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not buying that book! I get books from the charity shop for 50p , and some of them are written by black people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Errol said:

Totally absurd. Obama has nothing of any interest to say. He spent more time on the golf course than any President in history.

How much do you think a Putin book deal should be worth, by way of comparison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Michelle Obama is actually a man and consequently the children are adopted.

There are many Youtube videos making the case; not being American I've only watched one or two so can't recommend the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

That Michelle Obama is actually a man and consequently the children are adopted.

There are many Youtube videos making the case; not being American I've only watched one or two so can't recommend the best.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

 

I expect Michelle Obama isn't really a man, but that would not really affect my life. A lot of women are quite angular and male looking, and these become actresses. Just have a look one day. There are some broad shoulders, and big feet out there on those chicks, but obviously a clinical inspection will confirm their tottieness! I am not a doctor BTW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How on earth can they expect to even break even with that kind of deal? I assume that includes the serialisation rights to newspapers but, outside of NY Post, Washington Post, etc, readers who on earth wants to read about them? It will just be bland. Also, if the readers of such newspapers get it in their papers they ain't going out to buy the books.

Who owns the publisher - maybe the real truth is who owns the publishing house? The Saudis? Qartaris? Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a German media company behind all of this run by a German family which have some very interesting views.

It is worth reading about the below lady's father - German soldier in WW2, captured by the Yanks in North Africa, sent to a POW camp in Kansas where he learnt about US business practices, went back to Germany after the war, obtained a permit from the Brits to publish magazines/books and now, decades later, the family is worth billions, all seemingly nice and safe in some 'charitable foundation', and they have ambitions to be the world's biggest 'multimedia' organisation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/9740879/Liz-Mohn-the-woman-behind-Penguin-Random-House.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How on earth can they expect to even break even with that kind of deal? I assume that includes the serialisation rights to newspapers but, outside of NY Post, Washington Post, etc, readers who on earth wants to read about them? It will just be bland. Also, if the readers of such newspapers get it in their papers they ain't going out to buy the books.

Who owns the publisher - maybe the real truth is who owns the publishing house? The Saudis? Qartaris? Who?

Perhaps it's being paid out of the Clinton Foundation's pockets in return for keeping her out of jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Errol said:

Totally absurd. Obama has nothing of any interest to say. He spent more time on the golf course than any President in history.

I'm late to the party on this thread so this has possibly been said already

it won't be him saying it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

 

oh come on!!.everybody knows that joan rivers is actually donald trump in drag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oracle said:

oh come on!!.everybody knows that joan rivers is actually donald trump in drag!

Now you mention it, the hair is the dead giveaway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One-percent said:

Now you mention it, the hair is the dead giveaway 

no,the VOICE is a dead giveaway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   90 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.