House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Day of the Jackass

Another embarrassment for the hapless Inspector Clouseaus of le Plod. A police marksman nearly shot French President Francois Hollande yesterday after apparently "tripping" with a loaded sniper rifle while on protection duties. He did shoot a member of the catering crew and a nearby rail worker. Neither received life threatening injuries. It is not known whether Hollande missed out on his cordon-bleu lunch.

The incident occurs just two days after a diplomatic row between Trump and Hollande where the French President angrily claimed "in France no one takes a gun and shoots into a crowd". Well no one apart from terrorists, gangsters and the police.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/28/517748894/gunshot-rings-out-as-frances-president-hollande-speaks

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

Another embarrassment for the hapless Inspector Clouseaus of le Plod. A police marksman nearly shot French President Francois Hollande yesterday after apparently "tripping" with a loaded sniper rifle while on protection duties. He did shoot a member of the catering crew and a nearby rail worker. Neither received life threatening injuries. It is not known whether Hollande missed out on his cordon-bleu lunch.

The incident occurs just two days after a diplomatic row between Trump and Hollande where the French President angrily claimed "in France no one takes a gun and shoots into a crowd". Well no one apart from terrorists, gangsters and the police.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/28/517748894/gunshot-rings-out-as-frances-president-hollande-speaks

I saw this and thought I had stumbled upon a rerun of the pink panther.  And i thought our plod was bad. 

Clouseau is much better than British plod!

I find the official story highly implausible.

We are supposed to believe that a special forces/senior intelligence asset 'accidentally' allowed his gun to fire? 

40 minutes ago, Errol said:

We are supposed to believe that a special forces/senior intelligence asset 'accidentally' allowed his gun to fire? 

If trained in firearms safety catch use would be so ingrained at that level and experience does seem highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, Errol said:

Indeed, I thought the same.  I wonder what really happened?

9 hours ago, davidg said:

Nothing in the article says that Hollande was nearly shot. Just that some other people got injured.