House Price Crash Forum

Teenagers blame parents for 'poisoned legacy' of Brexit and unaffordable housing, study says

WageWar

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Teenagers don't read the independent, don't worry about houses and generally are not interested in the EU as an institution. They are however interested in 'uni', drinking, sex, sport, tech stuff and passing their driving test. All other stuff can wait till you are about 23.

If hormone charged teenagers ran the UK, it would be full one wackiness until reality set in about 6 weeks later.

I imagine the ones that the independent saw have been politically groomed by older people.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Points taken above, but I still think it's is rather encouraging and clear-sighted of them to work out that May, Sadiq Khan and David Davis are all on the enemy side.

More than three quarters of teenagers  also said their greatest concerns for the future were an increasing cost of living, with more than 60 per cent of respondents worried that they will not be able to afford their own home.

Asked to chose who they might vote for to be the Prime Minister between the likes of Theresa May, current Mayor of London Sadiq Khan or Brexit Secretary David Davis, teenagers said "none of the above."

HOLA446
HOLA447
8 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

Teenagers don't read the independent, don't worry about houses and generally are not interested in the EU as an institution. They are however interested in 'uni', drinking, sex, sport, tech stuff and passing their driving test. All other stuff can wait till you are about 23.

If hormone charged teenagers ran the UK, it would be full one wackiness until reality set in about 6 weeks later.

I imagine the ones that the independent saw have been politically groomed by older people.

....the main stream media. They get their news from youtubers like sargon, crowder or rubin.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://www.edelman.com/news/2017-edelman-trust-barometer-reveals-global-implosion/

The 2017 Edelman TRUST BAROMETER reveals the largest-ever drop in trust across the institutions of government, business, media and NGOs. Trust in media (43 percent) fell precipitously and is at all-time lows in 17 countries, while trust levels in government (41 percent) dropped in 14 markets and is the least trusted institution in half of the 28 countries surveyed. The credibility of leaders also is in peril: CEO credibility dropped 12 points globally to an all-time low of 37 percent, plummeting in every country studied, while government leaders (29 percent) remain least credible.

Indeed it sounds very likely that as a consequence of the above they've decided to deploy some more divide and rule.

It's seems pretty blatant and it's quite pathetic and shameful.

I'm looking forward to the independent's article (maybe also written by zlata rodionova) about the above institutions being rightly blamed "for 'poisoned legacy' of Brexit and unaffordable housing",

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413
22 minutes ago, Eddie_George said:

Looks like it went mental around 2001/2002.

homepage.png

As you can see from that graph...relative to inflation house prices have under-performed, which probably screws the banks still.

However, try buying a house at any kind of a decent price relative to your income.

It's quite obvious what has/is causing prices to rise...

C51IZ9hXMAEqZCs.jpg

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

http://www.edelman.com/news/2017-edelman-trust-barometer-reveals-global-implosion/

The cycle of distrust is magnified by the emergence of a media echo chamber that reinforces personal beliefs while shutting out opposing points of view. Respondents favor search engines (59 percent) over human editors (41 percent) and are nearly four times more likely to ignore information that supports a position they do not believe in.

That's a laugh.

If I hadn't used a search engine I wouldn't so easily have seen the outrageously poor trust levels of the various government institutions etc as researched by the edelman trust itself - and might have been tempted to lend more credence (4 times more than very low  trust?) to the MSM story dividing children and parents.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4416
13 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Odd they don't see any connection between EU membership and population growth and housing pressures!

Anyone who doesn't see the problems caused by current population levels, let alone growth, is completely divorced from reality.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I graduated in 2000 and the grad job I took was not sufficient to save a deposit and get a mortgage before prices 'took off'.

Having witnessed over 15 years of rampant greed and eroded working conditions compared to those even 5 years older than me, teenagers quite frankly can Golf Foxtrot Oscar and get at the back of the line.

HOLA4420
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Riedquat said:

Anyone who doesn't see the problems caused by current population levels, let alone growth, is completely divorced from reality.

House prices started to rise in the late 1990's according to the plot above.

Now look at the net migration plot below.  There is a big jump in the late 1990's.  Coincidence?

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statistics-net-migration-statistics

Edited by kzb

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
50 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

But we have a shortage of housing not cookies and the bankers are living in the same houses they would have 20 years ago - so they didn't take them away, mass immigration and not enough houses did.

We have no shortage of houses. We've got too many. We've also got an even bigger too many of people. And a bigger still too much of credit.

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

The "there are other problems too so therefore I'll pretend this one doesn't exist" reply. Anyway my gripe is really about sheer numbers, which is also a bloody obvious thing to see.

No, the point of that image (which is not to be taken literally) is that people responsible for majority of the problems love to start a brexit/immigration/terrorism sideshow so that the finger is not pointing at them.

I am not saying the immigration problem doesn't exist, I just think that it gets more attention than it deserves.  Obviously, the impact will vary by the exact location. 

And some of the immigration problems could have been avoided in or out of the EU if at least some thought went into taxation/benefits system

HOLA4425

Todays teenagers have been effectively neutralised directly and indirectly by the state, the media and those who really pull the levers. The last time teenagers had a chance of protesting was the 1980s before mass surveilance and electronic bread 'n' circuses was invented by American corporations.

Teenagers can whinge all they like, but they won't remain teenagers for long and think the only way to protest is on the internet using the very media that is actually controlling them.

Throw some paint and smash a few windows and get on the TV, in the 1980s they actually rioted big style

ReNFG.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/sep/14/toxteth-riots-1981-summer-liverpool-burned-patrick-minford-jimi-jagne