Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Peak rental kite flying


CunningPlan
 Share

Recommended Posts

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-63167144.html

It's a nice property - but it is in the Isle of Wight FFS

Not too many high flying bankers around there. Average rental for a 2 bedder is about £700 pcm. 4 bed with sea views about £1200. Average wage about £16k

Someone is going to lose their shirt on this one.

PS You could have this for a third the price.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-58282384.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28 February 2017 at 2:49 PM, Nabby81 said:

I'll put forward this beauty 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-53964461.html

A nice 180 a month rent increase from last year's already high price as well 

I love this one. You can go to the toilet, shower, watch tv, fry an egg and go to bed all at the same time. 

What a horrid place. 

I Hope it remains empty for a decade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been lurking on the BTLscumlordz sites a fair bit recently trying to get a feel for how they are going to react to S24 

A lot of them appear to be trapped in an "appeal to consequences fallacy" where they believe tenants will pay significantly more rent because they need them to, and the alternative outcomes mean they are ******ed.

VIs like Belvoir are giving them plenty of ammo to feed a  confirmation bias too.

 

 

Edited by disenfranchised
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/02/2017 at 1:45 PM, CunningPlan said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-63167144.html

It's a nice property - but it is in the Isle of Wight FFS

Not too many high flying bankers around there. Average rental for a 2 bedder is about £700 pcm. 4 bed with sea views about £1200. Average wage about £16k

Someone is going to lose their shirt on this one.

PS You could have this for a third the price.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-58282384.html

^^^^^ see previous post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, disenfranchised said:

I've been lurking on the BTLscumlordz sites a fair bit recently trying to get a feel for how they are going to react to S24 

A lot of them appear to be trapped in an "appeal to consequences fallacy" where they believe tenants will pay significantly more rent because they need them to, and the alternative outcomes mean they are ******ed.

VIs like Belvoir are giving them plenty of ammo to feed a  confirmation bias too.

Belvoir and their like probably don't see the harm in luring new buyers into BTL with the pretext of increased rents either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, disenfranchised said:

I've been lurking on the BTLscumlordz sites a fair bit recently trying to get a feel for how they are going to react to S24 

A lot of them appear to be trapped in an "appeal to consequences fallacy" where they believe tenants will pay significantly more rent because they need them to, and the alternative outcomes mean they are ******ed.

VIs like Belvoir are giving them plenty of ammo to feed a  confirmation bias too.

 

 

Bang on. This is solipsism at its finest.

Somebody's going to come along within a couple of weeks and sign up to rent those properties, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

What do we make of this one - £2,000 pcm for a hut in the woods?

http://www.primelocation.com/to-rent/details/43129230?search_identifier=e8bda523bafe879ff579bd12e45efb68#WOxKcGDyGHB7oBYD.97 

Can't cost more than £20k to build that  - 100% return on investment in 10 months?

It is the Surrey version of beds in sheds.

A glass hut in the middle of woods?! Imagine being in there in the dead of night.... lights on, no curtains, the feeling that anyone could be out there in the trees looking at you. It looks like the setting of a horror movie. A reality TV show based on a cruel psychological experiment that goes horribly wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Foreverblowingbubbles said:

A glass hut in the middle of woods?! Imagine being in there in the dead of night.... lights on, no curtains, the feeling that anyone could be out there in the trees looking at you. It looks like the setting of a horror movie. A reality TV show based on a cruel psychological experiment that goes horribly wrong

Just what I was thinking, and 2000 for the privilege. Ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.