House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChewingGrass

85K a year to run a primary school

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/troubled-primary-school-closed-after-9928453

A council has shut a village primary school after more than 900 angry parents signed a petition demanding the headmistress be fired over an alleged war with her own staff.

The head teacher was criticised after four governors resigned and up to 19 out of 21 teachers walked out on strike in a row centred on her leadership.

p.s. 500 ish pupils is not a village primary school and Bowdon is more like a big housing estate for manc snobs who can't afford Wilmslow anymore.

When I was at primary - which is not that long ago - we had 4 classes. The head taught the last class.

It was 2 years per class.

At that time there was about ~50-60 kids.

There was a parttime caretaker and a cook and a couple of dinner ladies.

Today, there is a non teaching head. 4 teachers for the classes. A FT admin worker. And 8 PT TAs.

There are about  30-40 kids now.

8 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/troubled-primary-school-closed-after-9928453

A council has shut a village primary school after more than 900 angry parents signed a petition demanding the headmistress be fired over an alleged war with her own staff.

The head teacher was criticised after four governors resigned and up to 19 out of 21 teachers walked out on strike in a row centred on her leadership.

p.s. 900 pupils is not a village primary school and Bowdon is more like a big housing estate for manc snobs who can't afford Wilmslow anymore.

In Bowdon, it's still pretty much 2 parent families so I make that 450 pupils. So maybe you should go back to school? FWIW, the poster formally known as RK always said I should send my kids to this school.

oh go on, I'll give you something, do you know what really ******s me off about modern schooling? ******ing job sharing.

my young kids don't know what the ****** is going on when they swap between 2 teachers like divorced kids every week. Any issues that crop up never get sorted as whichever one you ask, it's always the other one's responsibility. ******ing part timers.

*correction, the Trafford primary admission prospectus indicates a school role of 420 pupils.

8 minutes ago, 24 year mortgage 8itch said:

In Bowdon, it's still pretty much 2 parent families so I make that 450 pupils. So maybe you should go back to school? FWIW, the poster formally known as RK always said I should send my kids to this school.

oh go on, I'll give you something, do you know what really ******s me off about modern schooling? ******ing job sharing.

my young kids don't know what the ****** is going on when they swap between 2 teachers like divorced kids every week. Any issues that crop up never get sorted as whichever one you ask, it's always the other one's responsibility. ******ing part timers.

Teaching is a massive make-work enterprise.

If you want to imprve teaching i nthe UK then get teachers to take and pass an 11+ paper - what they expect a primary school kid to pass.

Sack the 50% who do not pass it - or at least knock their money down to a childcare assistant.

30 minutes ago, 24 year mortgage 8itch said:

What is the poster formerly known as RK currently known as?

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Teaching is a massive make-work enterprise.

If you want to imprve teaching i nthe UK then get teachers to take and pass an 11+ paper - what they expect a primary school kid to pass.

Sack the 50% who do not pass it - or at least knock their money down to a childcare assistant.

I don't have an axe to grind with teachers. Stability would suit my kids far better than teacher friendly job sharing sloping shoulderness

1 hour ago, sPinwheel said:

What is the poster formerly known as RK currently known as?

Your guess is as good as mine. 

Maybe HAM drugged him and buried him alive in his cesspit.

#deludednarcissisticscrapperblokes