House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Is the war over yet?

8 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

They read the wrong thing?
There was only one thing on the card to read.

They were given the wrong envelope, they were given the runner-up's envelope as being the winner's.

Shame it didn't happen to somebody like Ricky Gervais (who I think is very funny, so not that I want to see him disappointed) as he might have started a whole running away it with sketch away and out of the theatre.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

They were given the wrong envelope, they were given the runner-up's envelope as being the winner's.

Shame it didn't happen to somebody like Ricky Gervais (who I think is very funny, so not that I want to see him disappointed) as he might have started a whole running away it with sketch away and out of the theatre.

Do they read the runners up thing out?

Never watched it and never want to.

Simple "WINNER IS.." at the top would solve issues.

Just now, SarahBell said:

Do they read the runners up thing out?

Never watched it and never want to.

Simple "WINNER IS.." at the top would solve issues.

Heard it on the radio news and watched the (too brief so you don't really see it going wrong) clip on the BBC news page.

That crossed my mind as the card just said Name of Film / Producer / Director / Cast and omitted the obviosu WInner Best Film / Runner up Best Film heading.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Heard it on the radio news and watched the (too brief so you don't really see it going wrong) clip on the BBC news page.

That crossed my mind as the card just said Name of Film / Producer / Director / Cast and omitted the obviosu WInner Best Film / Runner up Best Film heading.

There are some idiots out there. Apparently they get to do nice things like design identical cards for winners and runners up.

I didn't watch it, as I expected endless virtue signalling against Trump. It was a pretty funny f-up though - couldn't have happened to a more up their own asses bunch of people!

Futurama did a joke based on something similar - Leela thought she'd won Miss Galaxy or some such, then it was snatched out of her hands because they'd opened the wrong envelope. 

Why are the major BBC and Sky news outlets deeming this mild mishap in a candyfloss backslapping event as horrifying breaking news to plaster on my smartphone? 

I've been much more upset about the unfortunate, untimely passing of B-list actor Bill Paxton.

Apparently they have two sets of envelopes - one kept either side of the stage to hand to the celeb as they walk on (which can be from either side)

The previous award was, I believe, best actress, and the person that didn't hand out that envelope (wrong side of stage) forgot to remove it from the stack and therefore gave the presenter the previous award envelope. Makes some sense.