House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
othello

A Proposal To Housepricecrash.co.uk

I have a suggestion: that housepricecrash becomes a group to represent the interests of buyers, that a membership scheme is established and funding provided by members to raise awareness of the HPC issue, argue against the VIs through press releases, conferences etc and provide advice to buyers. Perhaps memebers' contributions could be voluntary at least initially. I for one would be willing to pay £50 and believe it would be money well spent. Obviously (paid) volunteers would be needed including those with expertise in media/PR. It would be interesting to see if this idea has widespread support.

Edited by othello

Hmm... I know a few people who want to buy but can't afford it and they still spout the 'houses always go up' line. They react to any suggestion of falling house prices. (granted, these people did used to put pencils up their noses at school).

I have e-mailed a few 'public' figures about this site... and got some interesting replies too... But I won't say who; I don't want to expose my super VI bashing e-mail account.

Hmm... I know a few people who want to buy but can't afford it and they still spout the 'houses always go up' line. They react to any suggestion of falling house prices. (granted, these people did used to put pencils up their noses at school).

I have e-mailed a few 'public' figures about this site... and got some interesting replies too... But I won't say who; I don't want to expose my super VI bashing e-mail account.

Jason are you the guy that put the computer in that rock in RUSSIA??

You get a lot of HHmmmphhhh - "Inside Information"

TB

I for one would be willing to pay £50 and believe it would be money well spent.

Send your money direct to me instead. It will have the same effect on HPI (i.e. zero) and I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE your money will be 'well spent' (by me).

Jason are you the guy that put the computer in that rock in RUSSIA??

You get a lot of HHmmmphhhh - "Inside Information"

TB

Well, I've got to devote my energy somewhere.

If an advert was placed in a local paper with just the web site address, I wonder if this will bring in a lot more readership to this site?

Or a national paper... I'd be willing to contribute!

I have suggested before on this forum that we need PR to mitigate the congenital lies and spin from the VIs.

Unfortunately PR is expensive; even if a hundred of us were prepared to contribute £50 per head it would only raise £5K which would buy, just, a couple of months of PR from one of the better agencies.

Unfortunately PR is expensive; even if a hundred of us were prepared to contribute £50 per head it would only raise £5K which would buy, just, a couple of months of PR from one of the better agencies.

A couple of months PR may be all it takes.