House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

"I felt quite violated"

OK. So deliberately following women (or anyone) and forcibly and persistently trying to engage with them, despite requests to desist, is undoubtedly harrassment.

I haven't watched the TV program this article relates to, but certainly in this short clip there was nothing so sinister.  Just a bloke taking random pics and claims of unwanted comments (verbal 'wolf-whistling'?)

BUT.....having your photograph taken as you pass by a photographer???  How in the world did we get to this state where this is construed as offensive or even threatening?

Everyday I come to think more and more there must be something in the water that is turning people bonkers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/man-caught-taking-pictures-of-womans-bottom-as-figures-reveal-more-than-half-london-females-have-a3473881.html

We really have to actively confront this madness lest the silent majority of those still not afflicted allow themselves to be swept up in a tide of PC legislation banning casual and uninvited comments to strangers - and we end up in world where everyone in public will go about their way with their heads sullenly facing the pavement terrified of making eye contact with someone.

I used to think people like this woman were a joke and seeking cheap publicity via a non-existent issue (which largely it seems to be) but now I am coming to view them as downright dangerous to so many of the taken for granted freedoms we hold dear.

Dont know.

I go to London a few times every year and tend to look at the odd striking girly. Red blooded hetero and all that.  I dont take photos of ther ar5e.

The article is lacking context. How long did she walk about?

What nationality is the bloke with the camera?

In my out+about thing, if I bump or interact with random, attractive woman, I tend to smile, say something, and she smiles backs and says something. Very low level, hands off flirting,

Ive not been squirted with pepper spray ever!

There is a world of difference between a smile and innocent comment, and standing there with a boner + camera

I dont grope, photo, or run into the nearest gents and whack one off.

As far as I can see from the short trailer the guy was already there, just taking random pics, when she passed by. 

Of course the full TV prog might reveal and claim that he was there specifically to take snaps of passing women (can they prove that without inspecting the contents of his camera?). I'll wager that he was just an amateur photography buff out and about snapping at whatever.  BUT even if the chosen topic of his snapping session was 'pretty women in London'.....so what?!

Where such photographers cross the line is when they are civily asked to delete a pic they have taken of someone and that someone objects and requests its deletion - but they refuse.  The guy in the trailer comments/alludes to the fact that, even then, the photographer wouldn't have to delete said pics, But it would be good manners to comply with the request. 

The other point is that the traiiler and healdien to article alludes to 'shocking' behaviour encountered whilst on a random walk in public. Yet the best the trailer can show is some bloke taking random pics in public? Perhaps someone will have seen the TV prog in question and settle the matter. Personally I won't want to watch it because (a) it will likely be a waste of half an hour of my life and/or (b) raise my blood pressure needlessly watching the petty faux 'victim' whining of this so called undercover 'reporter'.

This is all part of the agenda IMPO to make women feel vulnerable. Next thing they will be suggesting is why not wear a little headscarf to divert those awful me's gaze. Give it a few more years and it will be the full burka being obligatory or something dreadful happens to them.

Really? You see this, and similar articles, this way?

I suspect many would see it as yet another example of 'my feelings aren't being respected' male bashing - rather than some subtle attempt by worshippers of a puritanical religion to push their agenda.

Regardless, it's late and I feel my sensibilities have been violated from this garbage.....so I'm off to bed!

9 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Really? You see this, and similar articles, this way?

I suspect many would see it as yet another example of 'my feelings aren't being respected' male bashing - rather than some subtle attempt by worshippers of a puritanical religion to push their agenda.

Regardless, it's late and I feel my sensibilities have been violated from this garbage.....so I'm off to bed!

You need to go and have a look at the staff of lots of UK TV broadcasters to work out what, if any, agenda they might have. Control of the media has been vital in any take-over of any country. Subtle is how it is done.

8 hours ago, spyguy said:

I go to London a few times every year and tend to look at the odd striking girly. Red blooded hetero and all that.  I dont take photos of ther ar5e.

I used to know a straight girl who every so often would be captivated by other women's bums. She was definitely straight, but every so often she would just stare at random women's bums to the point that sometimes she would actually crouch down a little to get a better look. Eventually I snuck up beside her as she was staring at a woman walking away, and said something along the lines of: "Yes, she does have a cute ****." She looked at me completely baffled. I found out sometime later that she was trying to get into some fashion school and was designing a portfolio of skirts.

10 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I used to know a straight girl who every so often would be captivated by other women's bums. She was definitely straight, but every so often she would just stare at random women's bums to the point that sometimes she would actually crouch down a little to get a better look. Eventually I snuck up beside her as she was staring at a woman walking away, and said something along the lines of: "Yes, she does have a cute ****." She looked at me completely baffled. I found out sometime later that she was trying to get into some fashion school and was designing a portfolio of skirts.

:lol:

If she walks the streets, then men can look, and anything on the streets can be photographed legitimately.

I think the guy was a bit cheeky and is asking for a smack though..I draw the line at photos of kids too, not because there is anything intrinsically wrong in taking photos of kids, but because there really are some weird people who take them for other reasons.

Even so in this article it`s an example of women wanting their cake and eating it. Is there anything else they can moan about.... It looks to me as if she has skin tight leggings on..what does any reasonable person think will happen.

As I said on the other thread, what's the agenda here? There must be one. Someone is commissioning and making programmes like this to prove a point of some sort.

7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

As I said on the other thread, what's the agenda here? There must be one. Someone is commissioning and making programmes like this to prove a point of some sort.

Men - BOOOOOOO!!

Women - YAAAAAAAAY!!

Even Mrs Hartman thought it was a crock. 

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Men - BOOOOOOO!!

Women - YAAAAAAAAY!!

Even Mrs Hartman thought it was a crock. 

It has gotten to the point where if I ever had kids I'd keep them away form mainstream media for as long as possible to avoid it fecking their minds and perceptions of the world up.

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Weird isn't it. I saw this video posted to Facebook the other day: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4246522/Female-cyclist-takes-revenge-catcalling-van-driver.html

My immediate impression was that it was totally staged. The people in the van didn't seem to behave very naturally, the woman seemed somehow odd. The guy filming behaved inexplicably. Also the license plate has been blurred. It's pure feminist fantasy.

Amusingly, although the Mail reports it as genuine, it seems even the Guardian noticed it's fake: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/22/why-a-viral-video-of-a-cyclists-revenge-on-catcallers-may-not-be-all-it-seems

Is it just manufactured clickbait for commercial gain, or opinion astroturfing?

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

It has gotten to the point where if I ever had kids I'd keep them away form mainstream media for as long as possible to avoid it fecking their minds and perceptions of the world up.

You don't need to, kids don't watch TV anymore.

12 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Again, how long did it take to find the perv?

Had she spent the day wiggling her ar5e up and down theroad?

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

You don't need to, kids don't watch TV anymore.

They dont.

UnleUnless feminists start embedding their message in Minecvift vids then they are easing their time with the next generation.

12 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Weird isn't it. I saw this video posted to Facebook the other day: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4246522/Female-cyclist-takes-revenge-catcalling-van-driver.html

My immediate impression was that it was totally staged. The people in the van didn't seem to behave very naturally, the woman seemed somehow odd. The guy filming behaved inexplicably. Also the license plate has been blurred. It's pure feminist fantasy.

Amusingly, although the Mail reports it as genuine, it seems even the Guardian noticed it's fake: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/22/why-a-viral-video-of-a-cyclists-revenge-on-catcallers-may-not-be-all-it-seems

Is it just manufactured clickbait for commercial gain, or opinion astroturfing?

Yes, it`s a wind up, the granny with grey hair saying nothing gets done when people shout "Hey Sexy!" is the give away.

Don't have the link but a burd posted on fb about calling out a guy at the gym who was checking out another burd. Somebody went through her history and came up with a beefcake pic she took while out running and called her on it.  

She would have been bragging if it was a hot guy taking her pic.

16 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Again, how long did it take to find the perv?

Had she spent the day wiggling her ar5e up and down theroad?

4 hours apparently. Would have passed thousands of different men. 

The guy with the camera - a big camera, you know with a zoom lens you could be a mile away and perving - was a few feet away, enough to be filmed in the act. Could well have been staged. Woman was covered up too - wearing trousers. It was all a bit odd.

56 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

A friend of mine has a daughter who recently piped up to him that she's "gender fluid".

She's 11.

He was perplexed, "I didn't know what she was on about, I thought it was a f*cking energy drink".

I've got a little boy and girl. Dreading having to deal with this garbage.

49 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

A friend of mine has a daughter who recently piped up to him that she's "gender fluid".

She's 11.

He was perplexed, "I didn't know what she was on about, I thought it was a f*cking energy drink".

Oh, has non-binary been andgone now?

50 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

She's 11.

Our council has a person in the books to go round schools talking about gender issues.She has big hands and adam apple.

Laughable really.