House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Ahhh, an app to love

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/order-and-pay-app

We've been out for lunch and for probably the last time has Mr B been sent to the bar to order lunch.

" If you’re visiting alone and don’t want to lose your table, while ordering, or maybe sitting with kids and can’t leave them unattended or just don’t want to carry a round of drinks back from the bar, then this is the app for you! "

1 hour ago, SarahBell said:

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/order-and-pay-app

We've been out for lunch and for probably the last time has Mr B been sent to the bar to order lunch.

" If you’re visiting alone and don’t want to lose your table, while ordering, or maybe sitting with kids and can’t leave them unattended or just don’t want to carry a round of drinks back from the bar, then this is the app for you! "

Obviously my 3,462 letters complaining about this very problem have finally got through to them.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Obviously my 3,462 letters complaining about this very problem have finally got through to them.

Well done sir! 

Yes, all this health advice cajoling us to rise from our seats and walk about a bit every 30 mins is over-rated.

Not once have I been warned of the dangers of a carotid embolism that could so easily  be brought about by an energetic amble to the bar.

Iphone only? An android app to use on a cheapy PAYG Alcatel would be more Wetherspoons in spirit, I feel.

Edit: and what happens when they don't actually have what you want to order? I'm a big fan of the big plate of chilli nachos on Mexican Monday but so far 50% of the time they've been out. It's apparently beyond them to send a staff member scuttling out to the nearest Lidl to buy 10 bags of 'Simply' tortilla chips.

Must say that one major inefficiency in 'spoons is the length of queues that are deemed tolerable, although given that people generally seem to stand there regardless maybe they have decided it is ok, and perhaps it is a means of moderating the influx of food orders to the kitchen. For a place which sells itself on efficiency it can be quite frustrating, I have skipped food/drink on more than one occasion when there as a result.

Guess this app solves everything...

Just now, 24 year mortgage 8itch said:

This is de facto table service at Wetherspoons?

you snooty, pretentious bathtubs

l'll stick to McDonald's, a brand I can trust.

We're a bit doomed unless it'll work on a iphone 1 that's not been charged for 6 years. I think their other apps are for android too though. 

10 hours ago, Rave said:

Iphone only? An android app to use on a cheapy PAYG Alcatel would be more Wetherspoons in spirit, I feel.

Edit: and what happens when they don't actually have what you want to order? I'm a big fan of the big plate of chilli nachos on Mexican Monday but so far 50% of the time they've been out. It's apparently beyond them to send a staff member scuttling out to the nearest Lidl to buy 10 bags of 'Simply' tortilla chips.

iPhone, further pretentiousness. 

Case closed m'lud

10 hours ago, Rave said:

I have been in Sainsbury's cafes and been told things like "Sorry, but we are out of chips." or "Sorry, we are out of tooasted buns." and you kinda pause, think and then point to the enormous shop all around.

Thursday night is curry night. Go large for an extra quid or so. Best value Indian you'll get.

Not that I frequent such establishments.

Can you pre-order a fight...?

Or arrange a drunken nutter to sit next to you all night...?

Maybe a few drugs or a prozzie for after closing-time...?

Without these features, I can't it being popular in any of their 3 Middlesbrough pubs...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb