House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

National Cash Cow Day

We should have a "National Cash Cow Day".

"It's a moo-vement!"

On which, we express our opinion of being milked by loudly shooting "moo!".

Typically, this might involve calling our energy company to ask about tariffs. When the answer is returned, shouting "moo!" repeatedly down the phone. Or, at train stations, when we are given the price of a ticket. Calling the council to enquire about Council Tax. It goes on..

Cow masks could be made available to those who would care to stand outside Estate Agencies peering through the window.

I think this could be hilarious and "go viral" very quickly. A day of civil disobedience.

4 hours ago, DTMark said:

"It's a moo-vement!"

On which, we express our opinion of being milked by loudly shooting "moo!".

Typically, this might involve calling our energy company to ask about tariffs. When the answer is returned, shouting "moo!" repeatedly down the phone. Or, at train stations, when we are given the price of a ticket. Calling the council to enquire about Council Tax. It goes on..

Cow masks could be made available to those who would care to stand outside Estate Agencies peering through the window.

I think this could be hilarious and "go viral" very quickly. A day of civil disobedience.

DTM, go home, you're drunk.

I wasn't drunk :) We were thinking about this last week. Platforms full of long-suffering commuters on Southern Rail, motorway service stations and ridiculous energy bills, there are certain things where I suspect people do feel like cash cows and a day of gentle civil disobedience would be most amusing.

A Government minister on TV warning people not to make cow noises down the phone or they will be arrested for causing an affray would be something to see. I assume anyone organising such a thing would be charged with some offence or other.

16 minutes ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

The petrol bill for the Elgin trip...?

About £250 I think, including driving around while up there.

15 hours ago, DTMark said:

I would have no trouble ringing the bank and asking about interest rates on my savings and then just saying moo repeatedly. That sounds like a pleasant half an hour.
All inclusive phone calls are fab fun. 

5 hours ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

Not so bad really. It is a good idea, the Moo day.

Did you visit the best service station in the land at Appleby in the Lakes? Almost worth the trip north by itself..

Pedant: Appleby isn't in the Lakes and there's no service station there, it's several miles from the nearest motorway too.

Just now, The Knimbies who say No said:

Whenever I read Westmorland, I automatically think Appleby, never been there mind. Noted.

Apologies for my pedantry! Officially Appleby is Appleby-in-Westmorland, and has been ever since Westmorland got swallowed in to Cumbria.The company who owns Tebay services is called Westmorland (Tebay also being in Westmorland, along with some of the Lakes). They also run Gloucester services, which isn't anywhere near Westmorland unless my geography is really, really bad!

And Cowes is on the Isle of Wight.

Mark may or may not have been boozing, but I'm starting to sound like I need to be.

7 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not if it is a celebration of cows

What we think it is would be of little importance. Some self righteous tw#t in Islington would be offended and that would be the end of it.

It reminds me of an incident in primary school. 

We had a rather unpleasant, fat woman teacher who was a bit of a 70s radical type teacher and known for being well, a bit of a cow. 

Some boy was dared to go up to her and shout 'moo' then run off. 

He duly did so, was grabbed by the scruff of the neck by the teacher who said 'Are you saying "moo!" Are you calling me a cow??'

'No miss!' came the reply 'I was saying "Boo!"'

I have to admit that was one of the more memorable dinner hours of my school career!