House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Marine Le Pen

Le Pen Gains in French Polls

Marine Le Pen gained ground on her rivals for the French election as she benefits from concerns about security while other candidates trained their fire on independent front-runner Emmanuel Macron. Monday’s daily OpinionWay poll showed that first-round support for anti-euro candidate Le Pen rose 1 percentage point to 27 percent, with Macron and Republican Francois Fillon unchanged at 20 percent each. While no surveys so far have shown Le Pen even close to a victory in May’s run-off, she’s quickly narrowing the gap to her rivals. OpinionWay showed Macron would defeat Le Pen by 58 percent to 42 percent in the second round. His advantage has halved in less than two weeks. Bloomberg

Three months to go, and her presidential campaign is seriously gaining the momentum.

As with Brexit and Trump the polls will be way off.  Many people intending to vote for her will be resentful of the smothering orthodoxy of the MSM and will hide their intentions in order to give the establishment press and pollsters another bloody nose.

I wasn't polled but would have said Remain if asked before the referendum as it would have given false succour to the Remain camp and made the final result more of a shock.

I reckon* she'll win.

* Based upon no analysis whatsoever!

I remember last time they came close, the MSM was all behind the 'stop the nazis' winning campaign. Candle lit vigils, the whole show.

The police raided the FN head office a few days ago over some EU fraud inquiry.

I doubt she will win. I wonder if it would spark riots if she does, from a certain section of the community.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I reckon* she'll win.

* Based upon no analysis whatsoever!

I reckon its all still to play for - what did trumps chances 3 months before election look like - ?. 

18 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I'm not sure it works without net contributor nations.

Indeed there aren't many contibutors there; this is from June last year.

Rounding them to billions we have over 10 billion each for:

• Germany 60
  • France 36
  • UK 32
  • Italy 24
  • Holland 14

Totalling 166

Drop UK out and spread over these

• Germany 60 + 14
  • France 36 + 9
  • Italy 24  + 6
  • Holland 14 + 3

Drop France and Holland out (Le Pen and WIilders win)

• Germany 60 + 14 + 44 = 118
  • Italy 24 + 6 + 18 = 48

So both pretty much double, that'll mean Italy are out and Germany funding goes up from 60 billion to 166 billion.  Timber!

thirds-559339.jpg

French right-wing presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has refused to wear a headscarf for a meeting with the Lebanese Grand Mufti. In her statement, Le Pen said she would not cover herself up and cancelled the encounter.

Le Pen was scheduled to meet Sheikh Abdellatif Deriane, the Grand Mufti of Lebanon, in his office in Beirut on Tuesday.

After arriving, Le Pen was asked to wear a headscarf, but refused. According to AFP, Le Pen was given a veil by Mufti’s aides. 

“You can pass on my respects to the Grand Mufti, but I will not cover myself up,” Le Pen told reporters.  

https://www.rt.com/news/378079-le-pen-headscarf-lebanon/

This sort of thing chimes with voters at the moment, i think the brexit / trump phenomenon has emboldened voters to make wildcard choices

‘Won’t cover myself up:’ Le Pen refuses headscarf, cancels on Lebanese Grand Mufti

French right-wing presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has refused to wear a headscarf for a meeting with the Lebanese Grand Mufti. In her statement, Le Pen said she would not cover herself up and cancelled the encounter.

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

‘Won’t cover myself up:’ Le Pen refuses headscarf, cancels on Lebanese Grand Mufti

It's hard to see what purpose this visit had other than the opportunity to do exactly this. Probably a really astute move, to court the more traditional feminists by showing a hardline stance.

Although it's gone from being "racist" to have reservations about it, to the point now where even Merkel is talking about banning the veil.

There's an interesting video on youtube of so called 'Hard Talk' on the BBC, where Madame Le Pen rips Stephen Sackur a new one.

France has to address its problems with immigration - it can't go on like this, whether the mainstream liberal establishment likes it or not. 

no 

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

I remember last time they came close, the MSM was all behind the 'stop the nazis' winning campaign. Candle lit vigils, the whole show.

The police raided the FN head office a few days ago over some EU fraud inquiry.

I doubt she will win. I wonder if it would spark riots if she does, from a certain section of the community.

You mean the peace and tolerance preaching Lefties?

1 hour ago, workingpoor said:

Le Pen was scheduled to meet Sheikh Abdellatif Deriane, the Grand Mufti of Lebanon, in his office in Beirut on Tuesday.

After arriving, Le Pen was asked to wear a headscarf, but refused. According to AFP, Le Pen was given a veil by Mufti’s aides. 

“You can pass on my respects to the Grand Mufti, but I will not cover myself up,” Le Pen told reporters.  

This sort of thing chimes with voters at the moment, i think the brexit / trump phenomenon has emboldened voters to make wildcard choices

You can bet your last penny that was carefully planned in advance and she bet on those followers of the religion of peace and goodwill insisting she wear a headscarf - which would play right into her hands for watchers back home.

50 minutes ago, Errol said:

Meanwhile over in Canada...

Liberal Canadian Politician Visits Mosque To Preach Equality, Gets Put In Corner For Being A Woman

800-x-419-Canvas-37-759x419.png

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/02/canadian-politician-mosque-corner/

ee9e264f047f73b3989e56cfee22fdbac26b5d7e

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed there aren't many contibutors there; this is from June last year.

Rounding them to billions we have over 10 billion each for:

• Germany 60
  • France 36
  • UK 32
  • Italy 24
  • Holland 14

Totalling 166

Quoting myself but a timely story has popped up on RT about how much we need to pay on leaving the EU for future commitments: £60bn.

Or roughly two years' of existing contributions.

I can live with that, two years' of wasted money rather than an inifinity.  Cheery bye Brussels.

Discussions are underway in Brussels to determine the size of the bill to be presented to May when she launches withdrawal talks, expected in March. There are unconfirmed reports the ‘divorce bill’ may be as much as £60 billion (US$75 billion), to be paid in instalments until 2023.

The sum would cover the UK’s share of the cost of projects and programs it previously agreed to. The contributions would help smooth the expected €10 billion-per-year (US$10.5 billion) black hole left in the EU budget by Brexit.

“The commission wants the UK to pay in instalments from the day of departure in 2019 up until 2023, which is when the financial demands of the EU’s seven-year budget cycle are at their highest,” an EU diplomatic source told the Telegraph.

https://www.rt.com/uk/378123-eu-divorce-bill-brexit/

What about this.

Marine Le Pen's Front National headquarters raided by police
French far-right party dismisses police search as ‘media operation whose goal is to disturb course of presidential campaign’

It's like a police state!

French police searched the headquarters of Marine Le Pen’s far-right Front National on Monday evening as part of an official investigation into “fake” jobs involving the misuse of European Union funds to pay for a bodyguard and an assistant in Paris.

Source :- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/20/marine-le-pen-front-national-headquarters-raided-by-police

Just before an election. FFS! People are going to be so pi$$ed if/when she loses, the EU might have gained a few more years, but at what cost. The next election will be a landslide. Then what?

12 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

What about this.

It's like a police state!

Source :- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/20/marine-le-pen-front-national-headquarters-raided-by-police

Just before an election. FFS! People are going to be so pi$$ed if/when she loses, the EU might have gained a few more years, but at what cost. The next election will be a landslide. Then what?

The police had already raided the FN HQ wrt this matter last year. As the FN deputy head said "sure we were going to leave lots of bits of evidence around for the police to find as they'd failed to turn anything up last time".

Oh and can I just post a picture of one of Le Pen's fake job staffers while we are about it

catherine_griset1-200x200.jpg

7 hours ago, hotairmail said:

If the guy who was found to have his head in the trough, Fillon, gets through to the second round, it's all bets off. I think a lot of people couldn't bring themselves to vote for him. He would literally embody everything people have come to want change for.

These small right wing parties like UKIP and FN have abused the EU system of exhorbitant expenses to help fund their parties in the absence of large donors. The EU is gunning for them, but their raison d'etre is somewhat different to the usual casual lining of one's pockets we find amongst the EU elite.

Gert Wilders is likely to be the explosion though. I'm pretty sure there will be some pretty influential people gunning for him.

Wilders will be lucky to make it to the election alive I reckon. 

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Wilders will be lucky to make it to the election alive I reckon. 

That isn't going to resolve the issues though, Pim Fortuyn before him was murdered but the issues have only got worse since.

9 hours ago, hotairmail said:

If the guy who was found to have his head in the trough, Fillon, gets through to the second round, it's all bets off. I think a lot of people couldn't bring themselves to vote for him. He would literally embody everything people have come to want change for.

These small right wing parties like UKIP and FN have abused the EU system of exhorbitant expenses to help fund their parties in the absence of large donors. The EU is gunning for them, but their raison d'etre is somewhat different to the usual casual lining of one's pockets we find amongst the EU elite.

Gert Wilders is likely to be the explosion though. I'm pretty sure there will be some pretty influential people gunning for him.

Gert's hair is nearly as impressive as Trump's.