Fairyland

HOLA441
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

Since when did that ever matter? Our parliament has two options, often with the same core principles... such as right now.

The alternative of supporting our own wholly British workforce from cradle to grave will crush the UK.

It will utterly destroy our modern society in fact.

Simple mathematical and economic truths.

When will you lot figure this out?

When will you figure out that huge numbers couldn't care less?

HOLA443
HOLA444
24 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

********...the people in charge are making any excuse to keep immediately immigration going because their economic ponzi depends on it. 10s of millions are needed. The British people will not accept this. I've predicted for many years this policy will backfire and the British will turn on the immigrants and start following extremist party's. 

If Tory/labour won't give the people what they want then someone will. We are seeing this start across Europe already.

I don't know what the solution is, or how people will make it work.

However I do know that Boris, Farage, Fox, Davis and May are not going deliver given their vested interests over the years.

Might be that someone else comes along.  But both UKIP and the Tories have a similar mindset on this one (in that immigration is good only as long as it is subservient to the higher orders, empire style), whereas Labour and the Lib Dems both have a more right-on human-rights mentality to it.

There does seem to be an appetite for a siege-style nationstate first approach at the moment - but no one seems to know how that would be achieved in practice given the limitations this would give to free-trade et all.  It is a mess of right and left-wing politics that no one seems to have the answer to. (the siege mentality is probably more left-wing than anything, but has been adopted by right wingers to do some divide and rule and so win power)

I've no idea how all that washes out - but likely needs a leader to map out a vision of how this should work, but I think that is unlikely to be Brexiteers given the other pressures they will be under.

HOLA445

File this under the bleedin' obvious but if it were true that access to lots of low paid workers were the secret of economic success then why isn't eastern europe one of the richest regions in the EU?

They have plenty of low paid jobs over there- that's why their people come here- because even our low paid work pays better than the jobs they could get at home.

So this argument that our economy is doomed unless we have access to limitless supplies of low paid workers makes no sense whatsoever.

Ask yourself a simple question- are living standards highest in low wage economies or in high wage economies? The question answers itself.

So all this crap about the UK economy needing millions of low wage workers is nothing more than special pleading on the part of those industries that have chosen to base their business model on the least efficient and least productive paradigm available, which is low paid labour.

Perhaps Brexit is exactly what the flabby UK economy needs- the equivalent of the heart attack that scares the couch potato into gettting off his backside and doing some excercise.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Just now, wonderpup said:

File this under the bleedin' obvious but if it were true that access to lots of low paid workers were the secret of economic success then why isn't eastern europe one of the richest regions in the EU?

They have plenty of low paid jobs over there- that's why their people come here- because even our low paid work pays better than the jobs they could get at home.

So this argument that our economy is doomed unless we have access to limitless supplies of low paid workers makes no sense whatsoever.

Ask yourself a simple question- are living standards highest in low wage economies or in high wage economies? The question answers itself.

So all this crap about the UK economy needing millions of low wage workers is nothing more than special pleading on the part of those industries that have chosen to base their business model on the least efficient and least productive paradigm available, which is low paid labour.

Perhaps Brexit is exactly what the flabby UK economy needs- the equivalent of the heart attack that scares the couch potato into gettting off his backside and doing some excercise.

Just the usual globalist BS spiel, we'd doomed without cheap labour... 17mill don't believe it, the rest have vested interests in property bubble prices.

HOLA448
8 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Just the usual globalist BS spiel, we'd doomed without cheap labour... 17mill don't believe it, the rest have vested interests in property bubble prices.

Despite being on the other leftie left side of the equation - I would probably agree, I find the idea of 'jobs we don't want to do' as both patronising and ********.

But the right-wing loves cheap labour to have lower prices and so more middle (now upper) class power, and the left-wing loves freedom of opportunity even if this doesn't end the way you think it would or want it to.  

Hence the problem, but whats the solution?  It probably isn't Fortress Trump and fiction-as-alternative-fact, but that's the only alternative on offer for many at the moment.

HOLA449
4 hours ago, One-percent said:

Rubbish, many students want this type of work.  These establishments will just need to pay a reasonable wage if they want to attract other people who are looking for more full time work.  Oh wait, that's the issue isn't it. Many employers are hooked on cheap labour. 

And many consumers are hooked on the cheap food and goods it provides.

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, doomed said:

The whole western world have pretty much been taken over by fascist politicians whose priority is the well being of large corporations at the expense of the people.  How much longer can it go on? Probably a while yet. 

Our economy is cause and effect, for every million migrants that arrive you need a million more to service their needs.. Its a never ending chain.. They talk crap these MP's..

50'000 migrants in the NHS, but would we need them if we had not had millions of migrants arrive in the last 60 years? probably not as there would be less people so less services would be required. Also all these jobs were done by British before, so why are we all so useless now? I think its because migrants are willing to accept a lower standard of living in HMO and a lower wage. If house prices were affordable to people on £7.50 an hour i'm sure British people would work for that, but all the time you are giving free houses and benefits greater than the living wage you stand no chance. Its the inequality in our society and the greed of the disgusting rich people.. I'm not envious of the rich, i'm astounded by their arrogance and stupidity, in fact some of the least intelligent people I have met in my life have been rich, 2 were CEO's of large companies and they were so think it was unbelievable.

When I was in IT i was called to the CEO's office as he had an email from the FBI who wanted his credit card details as they had been used in a fraud. He called me to his office to ask if he should send the details or not? 

HOLA4411
7 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

And many consumers are hooked on the cheap food and goods it provides.

Consumers will have to get used to paying more for essentials.  Food is cheaper now than it has ever been. Utilities should be taken back into public hands; profiting from these should never have been allowed.  If the price of tat goes up, then tough, either save for it or go without.  

At least without the pressure of mass immigration on the cost of housing, this should at least fall to more sensible levels 

HOLA4412

Years and years ? Well I make that two. And that's exactly how many we have from when we set this off officially. Perfect. 

Was in internet cafe yesterday in Warsa.... sorry I mean Leith in Edinburgh.

Young bloke was with his grandad (I assume) looking through one bed rooms to rent in shared flats. I sat beside so heard them calling a few up.

I'm 99% certain this old guy is not working in the UK. And it's unlikely whatever pension he gets from Poland won't support him here. He must be getting some sort of benefit top up.

So we have a room that someone can live in - now being taken up by an 80+ year old Polish bloke. 

No offence to the bloke - but how the ****** is this going to benefit the UK in any way shape or form ?

It's completely different to the vast majority of Brits living in Spain and the like. 

And this is happening all over the UK. It's a ******ing disaster.

You also here people saying most polish are young so don't put much strain on the NHS. ********.

Loads of them are popping out kids left , right and centre and bringing their grandparents over (Maybe to act as part time childminders ? Who knows)

These two groups of people put more strain on the NHS than everything else. (Very young and very old).

I repeat - it's a ******ing disaster.

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Just heard 5% of he UK popujlation is from the Eu on BBC news. . WTF. If they they went home the locals might be able to get a house and get to work without spending 1hr in a jam.

I listen out in my local Tescos.

Typically 30%-50% of shoppers are speaking  EE language or another.

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Years and years ? Well I make that two. And that's exactly how many we have from when we set this off officially. Perfect. 

Was in internet cafe yesterday in Warsa.... sorry I mean Leith in Edinburgh.

Young bloke was with his grandad (I assume) looking through one bed rooms to rent in shared flats. I sat beside so heard them calling a few up.

I'm 99% certain this old guy is not working in the UK. And it's unlikely whatever pension he gets from Poland won't support him here. He must be getting some sort of benefit top up.

So we have a room that someone can live in - now being taken up by an 80+ year old Polish bloke. 

No offence to the bloke - but how the ****** is this going to benefit the UK in any way shape or form ?

It's completely different to the vast majority of Brits living in Spain and the like. 

And this is happening all over the UK. It's a ******ing disaster.

You also here people saying most polish are young so don't put much strain on the NHS. ********.

Loads of them are popping out kids left , right and centre and bringing their grandparents over (Maybe to act as part time childminders ? Who knows)

These two groups of people put more strain on the NHS than everything else. (Very young and very old).

I repeat - it's a ******ing disaster.

Yes.

HOLA4415
12 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Davis, Hammond and May reveal their Neoliberal, globalist ambitions for the first time. Indistinguishable from Cameron and Osborne. Indistinguishable from Blair and Brown.

Have they started cheering for the banksters yet? :rolleyes:

Indeed. I think even the most hardened Brexiteer is now realising that they've been duped.

Then again anyone who believed Brexit would halt the influx of cheap labour and grant £350 million a week to the NHS requires a CAT scan anyway.

it was why there was no third option: Remain with heavy amendments.

HOLA4416
20 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I listen out in my local Tescos.

Typically 30%-50% of shoppers are speaking  EE language or another.

My wife and I say every time we go to Northampton that we dont hear a single British voice now...unless you go to Marks and Sparks.  The town is a total dump now and we just dont go there now very often

AFAICT they are all in the out of town shopping centers now.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, PopGun said:

Indeed. I think even the most hardened Brexiteer is now realising that they've been duped.

Then again anyone who believed Brexit would halt the influx of cheap labour and grant £350 million a week to the NHS requires a CAT scan anyway.

it was why there was no third option: Remain with heavy amendments.

Just have to be kind of stupid to believe they will stop the immigration without some sort of an "event".

C5LFrvzXUAAhuE6.jpg

HOLA4418
12 hours ago, doomed said:

The whole western world have pretty much been taken over by fascist politicians whose priority is the well being of large corporations at the expense of the people.  How much longer can it go on? Probably a while yet. 

Judging by recent political events and the political climate in the EZ, probably not much longer.

HOLA4419

ill say it before and I'll say it again.

2005-2008 you couldn't get served anywhere by anyone without an EE accent.

then slowly but surely their numbers thinned out. Now where I live it is again rare to be served by an EE. They've moved on, and those who stayed did because they moved up the chain.

Locals were very quick to plug the employment gap.

Davis and the CBI as always talk utter shit.

British are more than willing and able to do jobs no one wants to do, as they're already doing them.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
15 minutes ago, ccc said:

Where do you stay ? It's been the complete opposite in Edinburgh. Maybe all your lot upped sticks and came here !

East Yorkshire. Still dominate some factories and argriculture etc but the service industry very few anymore. Strange.

maybe those jobs are more visible and harder to game/undercut wage wise, but I'm just speculating here.

Edited by PopGun

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I'm confused at the angle here , so he has gone to another country and said basically we need more of you grunts to do crap obs with crap pay so us Brits don't have too and this is seen as a positive by Estonia ..

Brits are not too posh to do the jobs the problem is housing costs make them worthless doing