House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Staying friends with an ex

Okay so has anyone stayed friends with an ex without it playing on your mind too much about what they are doing etc?  I suppose there are a few different scenario's here but where I'm coming from - ex still has a place in my heart/life (soppy I know) but if someone else were too come along that filled that space (I think) I could possibly go for it.:huh:  

12 minutes ago, bendy said:

Okay so has anyone stayed friends with an ex without it playing on your mind too much about what they are doing etc?  I suppose there are a few different scenario's here but where I'm coming from - ex still has a place in my heart/life (soppy I know) but if someone else were too come along that filled that space (I think) I could possibly go for it.:huh:  

Eventually this person will find someone else and be sh*gged if it has not already done so already. So, you have two choices:

1. You tell them how you feel and run the risk of rejection, humiliation, pain and misery.

2. You go out now and sh*g other women in order to get over, move on and create happines for yourself.

Take my advice, go on as many dates as possible, sh*g several women, get over the one and stop this cycle of pain which you are no doubt now in.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Eventually this person will find someone else and be sh*gged if it has not already done so already. So, you have two choices:

1. You tell them how you feel and run the risk of rejection, humiliation, pain and misery.

2. You go out now and sh*g other women in order to get over, move on and create happines for yourself.

Take my advice, go on as many dates as possible, sh*g several women, get over the one and stop this cycle of pain which you are no doubt now in.

Thanks TMT, I'm not a dating kind of guy though I wait for the wimmin' to come to me!!

How about if both parties are a bit bothered about hurting each other and talk through potential partners.

Trust me the whole thing is a:

Im civil o friendly.

Theres a couple i would not see, but i dont    see.

Being a nuclear powered lurve machine, a couple still carry a torch - or a 3h slot at times when current partner is away. But i never go back. Too messy and complicated.

I have sat at a table with me + gf, and 3 exes and their current partners. Its like, Hands up whose had sex all the women round the table. And the barmaid.

2 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Im civil o friendly.

Theres a couple i would not see, but i dont    see.

Being a nuclear powered lurve machine, a couple still carry a torch - or a 3h slot at times when current partner is away. But i never go back. Too messy and complicated.

I have sat at a table with me + gf, and 3 exes and their current partners. Its like, Hands up whose had sex all the women round the table. And the barmaid.

You stud muffin you :lol:

I am!

All the rough east side women made  e crosd my legs and work on my technique.

Did not end up knocking uo one of the rough women and living down st peters rd...

Funnily enough I have been chatting to an ex recently. I have recently needed a bit of help, she knows me better than most and talking to her has been positive and helpful. Sure she's an ex for a reason but we were also in a relationship for a reason - a good connection, mutual respect, we have a laugh. Probably helps that we were out of touch for a good while, so all the post-relationship animosity and awkwardness has gone.

No reason why being friends with an ex is a bad thing as long as you are honest with yourself and them about what you do and don't want.

(Oh and years ago I was f-buddies with an ex for a long while after we split which was great. In some ways the perfect relationship, all the fun and none of the commitment! That won't be happening this time though).

How can I possibly stay friendly with hundreds of different women...?

Be like herding friggin' cats..!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Tried to stay friends with recent ex - didn't want the breakup, wasn't expecting it. Only recently unfriended on fb and stopped paying any attention to her - as i realised no matter what i want, she doesn't want anything to do with me any more. And while i might not think i did anything to deserve that, nothing much i can do about it now.

No ex is like another. If she treats you in such a way that you actually don't mind staying in touch, then why not. If you find trying to stay friends is all  stress and no happiness, or all the effort is on your side, then make a clean break before it drives you insane. 

Just now, hotairmail said:

I expect you get fur balls munching on all those rugs.

You expect right mate.

While spy was doing his masters in shagging techniques on the skanks of Middlesbrough, I did a PhD in cunnilingus in the bus-shelters of Hartlepool...!

;)

XYY

16 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I am!

All the rough east side women made  e crosd my legs and work on my technique.

Did not end up knocking uo one of the rough women and living down st peters rd...

Dodged a bullet there then .  Mind if you had, you could be living the highlife on tax credits and drinking with Liam. 

Id be a grandad at 42...

Mind you ive seen theres tax credits for grandparents looking after grand kids. Gorddy just keeps in giving .. someone elses money

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

You expect right mate.

While spy was doing his masters in shagging techniques on the skanks of Middlesbrough, I did a PhD in cunnilingus in the bus-shelters of Hartlepool...!

;)

XYY

Eew, I think this topic has hit the lowest point in taste (and no, there is no pun intended) in the whole of off topic. 

Common age to be a grandparent in t'ord spot.  Really, tax credits for grandparents? No.  You have to have got this wrong.  If not, my whole life plan has been completely misinformed. 

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

You expect right mate.

;)

XYY

I find that hard to believe.. buses in Hartlepool.

21 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Bus shelters.  They're like phone boxes -- no-one under 40 knows what they were originally for.

22 minutes ago, spyguy said:

These days there aren't any after 6pm.

People say it's due to the reduction of Council subsidies - but I reckon they don't want Poolies getting out of the town after dark..!

Especially on a full-moon...

AAAAHHHHUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHH...!!!

XYY

30 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Eew, I think this topic has hit the lowest point in taste (and no, there is no pun intended) in the whole of off topic. 

Living darn sarf is making you soft.

Return home at once for re-education...!

XYY

40 minutes ago, rw42 said:

Tried to stay friends with recent ex - didn't want the breakup, wasn't expecting it. Only recently unfriended on fb and stopped paying any attention to her - as i realised no matter what i want, she doesn't want anything to do with me any more. And while i might not think i did anything to deserve that, nothing much i can do about it now.

No ex is like another. If she treats you in such a way that you actually don't mind staying in touch, then why not. If you find trying to stay friends is all  stress and no happiness, or all the effort is on your side, then make a clean break before it drives you insane. 

Thanks for that.  Not quite the scenario I'm in but hey-ho.  wimmin' aren't evil as per the hpc system!!

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Living darn sarf is making you soft.

Return home at once for re-education...!

XYY

Yes sir!  Will report in for reeducation on my return. But, only if there is a parmos thrown in, pulse some cheap  expensive single malt whisky to be had 

8 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Yes sir!  Will report in for reeducation on my return. But, only if there is a parmos thrown in, pulse some cheap  expensive single malt whisky to be had 

It's a deal.

I do buy the odd decent Scotch you know...!

:)

XYY

You do need to make a clean break, no contact for a year or two, but after that why not.

If they have admirable qualities and are interesting people, then why would you want them out of your life, if they don't then why on earth are you dating people that you don't really like in the first place?