House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How to spot a cheat!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4236650/Revealed-intriguing-truth-infidelity.html

How to spot a cheat 

Could your partner be tempted to stray? Scientists say people who have affairs are likely to fall into at least one of the following categories:

• Men and women who regard themselves as more socially desirable than their spouses (they tend to cheat soon after the wedding).  
  • Wives who report they get their way during disagreements.
  • People who weren’t securely attached to their parents during childhood. 
  • Those who don’t feel their spouse supports and loves them. 
  • Men and women who are more open to new experiences. 
  • Alcoholics and those who are clinically depressed. 
  • Spouses who aren’t equally open and conscientious. 
  • Women who are more educated than their husbands. 
  • Individuals with a high income.
  • Spouses who work outside the family home.
  • Men and women whose jobs involved touching clients.
  • Anyone who works alone with a co-worker.
  • Those who have spouses with chronic illness.
  • Anyone who thinks their sex life is poor — especially men with frigid wives. 
  • A man whose wife is pregnant.

A genius list I think!

Bugger.  I had thought I was okay, but going by that list I should be having at least one affair.  Yet more stuff to put on the to-do list.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of "news" articles recently that are almost encouraging cheating? It's as if they are suggesting cheating is so commonplace now, that you are in the minority if you are staying faithful in a long term relationship?

Lets be honest, look at that list - one or more attribute must include 95% of the adult UK population

41 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

That's like nearly everyone except for prostitutes.

Yeah, but they're covered by

• Men and women whose jobs involved touching clients.

The DM has another article about how many in their mid 50's and above are more likely to cheat. I get the feeling that some girlie at the DM is trying to justify women having affairs.

We have discussed this before in the Deluded thread - how women justify their unfaithfulness. That sounds too nice. How they justify their cheating.

2 hours ago, monks said:

Has anyone else noticed a lot of "news" articles recently that are almost encouraging cheating? It's as if they are suggesting cheating is so commonplace now, that you are in the minority if you are staying faithful in a long term relationship?

Lets be honest, look at that list - one or more attribute must include 95% of the adult UK population

Bread and circuses. 

52 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

Bread and circuses. 

I'm thinking of starting a new "Roman Empire" where toilets work, and prostitutes, and kebabs are cheap.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

So just about anyone then?

Top work that journo.<_<

I'm reliably informed that anyone that has an affair also has a pulse. Therefore (using the article's 'logic'), those with a pulse are more likely to cheat. 

Causation vs correlation obviously aren't explored as a topic in MSM journalism courses.....

From the list it's pretty much everyone.  It sounds like they're trying a bit of marriage division and creating suspicion within readers' marriages just for the sake of it.

6 minutes ago, billybong said:

From the list it's pretty much everyone.  It sounds like they're trying a bit of marriage division and creating suspicion within readers' marriages just for the sake of it.

+1.

Some journo has just seen their relationship go down the pan?

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I'm thinking of starting a new "Roman Empire" where toilets work, and prostitutes, and kebabs are cheap.

Please don't make me share communal toilets. They're not conducive to the purpose of being in the toilet!:wacko:

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Apart from the toilets - you've just described Middlesbrough...!

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

When you spot you soon to be ex GF riding somebody's nob!:mellow: