Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Self Defence...

Recommended Posts

Well this is taking it to a new level.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/woman-who-stabbed-ex-husband-9836482

Must be more to this than we are being told. Otherwise it appears just to "Believe" your life is going to end is enough to to warrant trying to stab someone to death.Oh yes and then chase after them. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I fully believed" = 'feelz'

Judge: "When you cut him open and pulled his intestines out, how did you feel m'lady?"

Nutter: "I felt scared, your honor! That nasty man made me scared!"

Judge: "That brute! We'll keep an eye on him, your free to go. If you suddenly decide that any other man is making you feel bad in any way, be sure to remove his intestines from his abdominal cavity so that he's easier to spot in the lineup. Only if you feel like it of course, fair maiden."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be more to that. Jesus Christ...

Nothing surprises me though in that department. A couple of boy racers near me got the staggering punishment of four years for killing a little girl as they drove like a pair of ***** through a residential area.

Zero shits given by either of them, probably out in two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ccc said:

Well this is taking it to a new level.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/woman-who-stabbed-ex-husband-9836482

Must be more to this than we are being told. Otherwise it appears just to "Believe" your life is going to end is enough to to warrant trying to stab someone to death.Oh yes and then chase after them. :ph34r:

One question, how many women were on the jury? 

I heard of one rape case where 2 middle aged female jurors had decided from the outset that the defendant was guilty, purely because he was a man. (not gulity verdict) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

One question, how many women were on the jury? 

I heard of one rape case where 2 middle aged female jurors had decided from the outset that the defendant was guilty, purely because he was a man. (not gulity verdict) 

I would expect the defence team in this one made sure there wasn't a female weighting in the jury. Well I would hope so if they were doing their job well !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, workingpoor said:

2 middle aged female jurors had decided from the outset that the defendant was guilty, purely because he was a man.

Classic. Bitter, carousel riding, feminist nazis probably. Doubtless fat and with short hair as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Errol said:

Classic. Bitter, carousel riding, feminist nazis probably. Doubtless fat and with short hair as well. 

Forgot the cats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fail to see how enviscerating someone to the extent that part of their innards are thrown aside is self defence. Two stabs and pulling intestines out. WTF did she use to open his stomach? Then running after the victim. Yes, puzzling.

Having thought about it....being attacked.....from the perspective of a female...well, I imagine in that situation I would be randomly stabbing and if I was lucky I would disempower the attacker. I doubt I could stab someone twice and their guts would spill out.

Does anybody know the likelihood of anyone standing for any length of time then running with their guts spilling out?

Im not defending the woman. IMO women offenders get off lightly in comparison to men. Just intrigued by this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes would be interesting to see more details. I've had a look on other sources and just the same basic info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something wrong very wrong with this country unless there`s far more to this story as others have already stated  

I know someone that done 8 years for manslaughter ,when someone kicked his door in armed with a knife and baseball bat who then  stabbed the guy,yet he done time for eventually getting the better of the attacker ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

IMO women offenders get off lightly in comparison to men. Just intrigued by this case.

In terms of a response to domestic abuse, it always was that women were treated more harshly than men.  It may have changed in recent years.

not a comment on this case, just a point in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, workingpoor said:

A woman was let off jail for a vicious GBH crowbar attack on another woman in the news today.

If that was a bloke he would be looking at 3-5 starting point for sentencing.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15101833.Teenage_girls_spared_jail_despite_admitting_GBH_in_crowbar_park_attack/

From what I've seen locally the huge variations in sentencing are down to the judges' personal opionion.  One judge will do pretty much anything to avoid locking people up and one will do it routinely.  That matters far more than whether the criminal is a man or a woman.

It's total pot luck which one you get; I like that there's an independent judiciary but there needs to be checks and balances which don't appear to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

The 'pussy pass' is a very powerful option.

Imagine if the bloke had pulled her intestines out?

I can imagine the headlines. Sick, evil, depraved................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Okay, I'll put the other side.

Fear is a big cause of someone attacking someone else first.

When I was at college 37 years ago, a friend of mine had a conviction for gbh. He came from Lewisham and was walking home late one night. Two men on the other side of the road crossed over to walk towards him on the pavement. He thought he was going to be attacked so he decided to take one of them out first - when they approached he struck one of them and broke their jaw. It turned out they were just crossing the road.

I often think this is how America behaves. At heart it is a decent country but very fearful of the outside world, so ends up wagering war endlessly. A confident country would not.

So, this woman may have very good reasons for being fearful....And decided to strike. Not only that but to chase him into the street to finish him off in case he came back like in a horror movie.

I agree that the woman may have been fearful and struck out. But.....from a woman's perspective if he'd left the house I'd have locked the door and phoned for help. If he came back I'd attempt to defend myself again. 

Its the chasing in the street that makes me question about her position of self defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I agree that the woman may have been fearful and struck out. But.....from a woman's perspective if he'd left the house I'd have locked the door and phoned for help. If he came back I'd attempt to defend myself again. 

Its the chasing in the street that makes me question about her position of self defence.

You can paint the picture: terrified, years of abuse and threats to kill, thinking that now she'd done that he would stop at nothing and she would die horribly.

If that was actually the case then I agree with the sentence. 

The story is however so lacking in detail that we are purely guessing based upon the sentencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/02/2017 at 9:33 AM, ccc said:

Well this is taking it to a new level.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/woman-who-stabbed-ex-husband-9836482

Must be more to this than we are being told. Otherwise it appears just to "Believe" your life is going to end is enough to to warrant trying to stab someone to death.Oh yes and then chase after them. :ph34r:

 

I suspect there is. The victim admitted to being previously verbally & physically abusive - and the defendent in this case claimed she'd was raped. Clearly, there was enough evidence for the jury to side with her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

I suspect there is. The victim admitted to being previously verbally & physically abusive - and the defendent in this case claimed she'd was raped. Clearly, there was enough evidence for the jury to side with her. 

It's just we have had other cases discussed on here where full information has been available - that still left me shaking my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Okay, I'll put the other side.

Fear is a big cause of someone attacking someone else first.

When I was at college 37 years ago, a friend of mine had a conviction for gbh. He came from Lewisham and was walking home late one night. Two men on the other side of the road crossed over to walk towards him on the pavement. He thought he was going to be attacked so he decided to take one of them out first - when they approached he struck one of them and broke their jaw. It turned out they were just crossing the road.

I often think this is how America behaves. At heart it is a decent country but very fearful of the outside world, so ends up waging war endlessly. A confident country would not.

So, this woman may have very good reasons for being fearful....And decided to strike. Not only that but to chase him into the street to finish him off in case he came back like in a horror movie.

  The sentiment of Bowling for Columbine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   90 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.