House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The biggest Con in History

The CountOfNowhere was a good choice for my name here

C4zUl7OWIAEMECU.jpg

Osborne and Cameron cam to power promising to do one thing...and did the exact opposite.

How is this not fraud ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The CountOfNowhere was a good choice for my name here

C4zUl7OWIAEMECU.jpg

Osborne and Cameron cam to power promising to do one thing...and did the exact opposite.

How is this not fraud ?

Because its politics.

An the way to be a good Chancellor is to make sure you follow Brown...

I said at the time hat Gidiot should just have let housing fall, slashed tax credits and blamed in all on Brown. It was Browns fault.

Nope. He fannied and dithered and ended up buying into Gorddies economic miracle.

4 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Because its politics.

I said at the time hat Gidiot should just have let housing fall, slashed tax credits and blamed in all on Brown. It was Browns fault.

Nope. He fannied and dithered and ended up buying into Gorddies economic miracle.

I suspect He knew exactly what the problem was and exactly what to do but the actual people in charge wouldnt allow that....

Take Osborne out of government and he reverts back to being a tory

C4zXC2MWAAA-XPT.jpg

I fear the British government is being run by the bankers.

This has gone way way way beyond politics.  

This is a crime on a grand scale.

so what do you suggest we do about it...is there an agreed HPCer effective lobbying technique/ strategy? My letters to mps seem to have been a waste of paper. Other than migrating to Spain and saying to h3ll with the uk I dont know what to do...( btw I thought you had moved to France...). I am being driven in to the dirt.

26 minutes ago, Wayward said:

so what do you suggest we do about it...is there an agreed HPCer effective lobbying technique/ strategy? My letters to mps seem to have been a waste of paper. Other than migrating to Spain and saying to h3ll with the uk I dont know what to do...( btw I thought you had moved to France...). I am being driven in to the dirt.

I too have contacted an MP on 3 occasions....on each occasion it was also a waste of time.  The Labour MP was basically trying to get "last word", I kid you not, till I asked them if they thought it a bit childish to be trying to get the last word :lol:  Each MP toed the party line.  That is not a democracy.#

What can you do ?

Nothing.

There's no one to vote for to change anything, is there ?  If a party for the British people springs up it's tarred with the far right brush and/or banned.

Even if there was, I'd expect the bankers/corporates would corrupt/bribe/blackmail  them within months.

The only solution as you rightly point out is to leave but with BrExit/Trump it is impossible to say what will happen with that.

I am currently living in the UK but will just go if things start to turn ugly, which I fully expect it will.

I refuse to bring my children up in the UK unless the government change tact.  Maybe we'll see post Budget the BTLers panic selling but since the Tory in charge of the purse strings is up to his neck in property I just cant see it.

Carney's still there, refusing to leave due to his child's schooling. ( says it all really ).

No point hanging on to the next election as the Tories will win that regardless, Labour should be ripping the tories a new a-hole but they are ineffectual.  If only Corbyn has supported BrExit he's be a show in for PM.

Farage is gone and UKIP are self destructing.

That leaves us with pretty much no hope.

Maybe the great big chinese collapse or EURO collapse will happen but it's not looking that likely right now.

Trumps government looks to me to be formed of ex-G.S. bankers and he's about to de-regulate the bankers again...that probably means a whole lot more bubble trouble for UK house prices.

The immigrants will keep coming.

The government will keep them coming.

The UK way of life and the UK standard of living will continue die.

Of course...you could just buy a house and get on with being a slave.

The only way and it was ever thus is direct action.  Pitchforks at the ready.  I keep,saying this tongue in cheek but really, it is the only way that ordinary working people will wrought any change. History is littered with uprisings against the powerful who seek to exploit and impoverish. 

Sadly, it never quite works out that well 

7 minutes ago, One-percent said:

The only way and it was ever thus is direct action.  Pitchforks at the ready.  I keep,saying this tongue in cheek but really, it is the only way that ordinary working people will wrought any change. History is littered with uprisings against the powerful who seek to exploit and impoverish. 

Sadly, it never quite works out that well 

That's the way I see it on both fronts.

1) The only way things will change is when people start protesting, or a collapse happens and people start protesting

2) This wont end well regardless.

The logical conclusion is to take your stash and GTFO while you can.

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

1) The only way things will change is when people start protesting, or a collapse happens and people start protesting

To where though?  

For sure it's a con, a fraud, a scam - whatever anyone cares to call it along those lines - and they're all in it including the fake and false MSM etc.

Keep voting for the no hopers (so called once upon a time) such as UKIP, Brexit, Trump and the SNP etc.

It puts the cat among the pigeons.  The cat might well turn out to be a pigeon but at least there's some entertainment in it.

Imagine things without them already with Cameron and so on still going on and on spinning more blatant lies and continuing to con people rotten with his own particular types of con along with Osborne's.

Edited by billybong

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I suspect He knew exactly what the problem was and exactly what to do but the actual people in charge wouldnt allow that....

Take Osborne out of government and he reverts back to being a tory

C4zXC2MWAAA-XPT.jpg

I fear the British government is being run by the bankers.

This has gone way way way beyond politics.  

This is a crime on a grand scale.

I came to that conclusion a looooong time ago

Bankers?   It's the HPI massive enjoyers out there.  

Are you utterly blind to it?  

The HPI lovers, and chaser and BTLers.

"Let's all set up the bailout fund for all the £500K housing outright owners and equity rich, cause 'bankers' or something made them go into BTL or believe in forever HP to extremes, despite them smugging about what it is worth in the DM each week."  No; the it's system wide.  The mad-gainzers happy, BTLers been happy.  Market.   Rich richer... the owners sat on £Trillion in equity.  Not just a handful of bankers.

There is no con (by bankers).  Just HPI+++ lovers.  System wide.  

Daily Mail

Average UK house price to hit £780,000 by 2040, says leading think tank

Kilo Charlie, My World, 9 hours ago
We purchased a property in 1983 for £72,000.........today it's worth £650,000 plus. It's certainly possible and quite likely.

Sam, Bucks, 3 hours ago
Bought house in ,74 for 16k added extention about £8k now valued at £480k you do the maths?

BuyToLeech, on 19 Sept 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:snapback.png

A lot of bankers did benefit, it's just that plenty of other people also benefited and benefited more in many cases.

There are plenty of people who have made more through the housing bubble than they have ever earned in their lives. For landlords and London homeowners or anyone with an inheritance the amounts are similar to lottery wins - hundreds of thousands or millions - largely untaxed.

Those people wanted the banks to inflate the bubble, and they wanted the bailout. They may even be the reason there was a bailout, but none ever holds them responsible.

People love to blame banks for what happened, but millions of people were complicit. Most obviously the banks didn't get any criticism when the damage was actually happening. They only get blamed for stopping it.

Even now the British middle aged middle classes are clamouring to go back to the days when the crisis was still looming, so they can play at being property developers.

On 9/21/2015 at 1:38 PM, BuyToLeech said:

The idea that older people don't see their homes as investments is a ridiculous self-serving platitude.

If that were true, the age demographics of landlords wouldn't be what they are, the daily mail wouldn't print the house price of every serial killer and murder victim, and house prices probably wouldn't be an issue.

Very few people can afford to ignore the value of their home, whatever their age, it's a key factor in everyone's decisions about housing.

I'll repeat my earlier point, in the hope that reading comprehension wasn't just a passing fad from my youth.

We live in a market economy, of sorts. The selling point of a market economy is that selfish decisions should lead to an optimal allocation of resources.

The distribution of housing is not optimal. Why?

The elderly ought to downsize. Not that they should be forced to, like in a command economy, but that it ought to be the outcome of their selfish decisions, and it isn't. That is a fact that needs explaining.

I claim that this can be explained by looking at the lack of incentives to move. Retired people don't downsize because:

1. They don't pay the costs of their decision, other people do.

2. Homes are investments, and the financial incentives beat the real economic incentives.

In other words, we don't have a free market for housing. An alternative position is that we do have a free market, but free markets don't work for some reason.

'Some older people are poor' isn't an alternative argument.

Nor is individual psychology, the relative mentality of demographic groups (as if such a thing even exists) or how anyone feels about anything.

On 4/1/2015 at 9:41 PM, Neverwhere said:
[...]More to the point any under-housing on the renter side is more than accommodated by over-housing elsewhere so it makes any semblance of undersupply look more like a distribution or misallocation* problem.

*I don't have any problem with people being over-housed per se (as long as they can afford it without subsidy from the under-housed) but my general impression is that a significant proportion of OO's with additional bedrooms don't actually use that space for anything other than HPI speculation, therefore I tend to think of most of them as akin to retail investors and generally expect them to behave in a similar fashion.

On 4/7/2015 at 6:14 PM, Neverwhere said:

It does seem to imply that the issue is more one of misallocation than undersupply. That could be quite significant because increasing the supply of a misallocated resource doesn't necessarily help correct that misallocation e.g. the already over-housed (or buy-to-let landlords) might hoover up new housing stock before any of the under-housed had a chance to benefit.

If a lack of downsizing is part of the issue then I think the important thing to work out is why the over-housed aren't downsizing (or, if BBC output is anything to go by - possibly not - why some are in fact upsizing)? Personally I think that, while many may be gaining a real quality of life benefit from the additional space in their homes, a significant proportion are simply holding onto rooms they don't use as a means of speculating on future HPI.

4 hours ago, spyguy said:

Because its politics.

The GFC was caused by excessive private sector debt creation relative to GDP. 

Cameron and Osborne had a trillion pounds, a degree of goodwill and a full five year parliament to bring that ratio down below 100%.

All they had to do was put the country back to work by building a million council houses!

Instead we got Help to Buy, FLS, HS2, QE 1,2,3, aircraft carriers with no planes, libraries with no new books... and a £200bn annual benefits bill.

Worse than Brown? I think so. Unforgivably worse than Brown.

image.jpg

I guess the establishment will always exploit the herd instinct of the public - through all the usual agencies. The onus is on us to be individuals.

The cavalry will not be coming.

According to polls over half the population think theresa may is doing a good job. Ok, factor in how poor labour and corbyn is. Then factor in a very supine press, even so. I can understand better than the alternative, but popular! Nhs and prisons are falling to pieces, no real idea over brexit, stagnant wages, visible increase in homelessness, sterling trashed, a casual u turn on osbornes deficit targets, inflation on the way up etc. Unless I am being unfair, the only conclusion to draw is the public couldnt care less about anything as long as interest rates are at record lows, house prices go up, pensioners and tax credit recipients get cash in the bank each month. Worse of all the government know this.

2 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

According to polls over half the population think theresa may is doing a good job. Ok, factor in how poor labour and corbyn is. Then factor in a very supine press, even so. I can understand better than the alternative, but popular! Nhs and prisons are falling to pieces, no real idea over brexit, stagnant wages, visible increase in homelessness, sterling trashed, a casual u turn on osbornes deficit targets, inflation on the way up etc. Unless I am being unfair, the only conclusion to draw is the public couldnt care less about anything as long as interest rates are at record lows, house prices go up, pensioners and tax credit recipients get cash in the bank each month. Worse of all the government know this.

#BrexitmeansBrexit

Everything else can go dangle

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Agree with your analysis. Disagree with the conclusions.

The financial and house markets will change if interest rates are forced up.

Interest rates will be forced up if the Fed raises theirs.

The fed may well do that if it achieves what the Fed and PTB in the US and Trump want for the US.

UK politics and even UK banker wishes are then a sideshow.

In those circumstances we'll see the big bubble burst - HPC.

Out of our hands though, it'll happen or it won't, we can't change it. Horrible isn't it?