House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Communism now

If house prices go down we know Carney has no objection to more asset purchase etc. Reward the party faithful (hpi people) punish the unfaithful (capitalists).

That's communism. I'm not going to buy a house soon, but this bear is turning bull.

Or, to paraphrase, if house price falls outpace the capacity of current extreme qe measures, they'll just nationalise everything.

Edited by Si1

Have things got that bad ?

I hate to say it but I tend to agree, THEY  really dont want to fix the real problem...THEMSELVES :lol:

I cannot believe what I am witnessing.

I make no pretense about this but I am pretty scared/worried

The hpi, hpi props and hpi lending etc have all been pretty relentless for years now and Commie Carney Chameleon and his gulag economics just makes things worse.

Edited by billybong

Dont know how itll pan out. Neither do 'they'!

I would guess the way things normally change - IR costs rise, people, compnaies and governments default.

There's nothing Ive seen that makes this cycle nay better. Most lf the stuff seems to have scarified short term again for medium/long term sheer agony.

All based o nthe assumption thats theres a large market for cheap UK debt.

17 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Dont know how itll pan out. Neither do 'they'!

I would guess the way things normally change - IR costs rise, people, compnaies and governments default.

There's nothing Ive seen that makes this cycle nay better. Most lf the stuff seems to have scarified short term again for medium/long term sheer agony.

All based o nthe assumption thats theres a large market for cheap UK debt.

This is why they are fighting BrExit tooth and nail.

They are either lying that it will happen or will open the EU borders as part of "leaving"

Otherwise it's mass immigration from the rest of the Commonwealth, nay CommonDebt

These people either have no idea what they are doing or actually want a collapse....take your pick.

everyone should read this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Argentina#Economic_crisis_.281998_-_2002.29

We are f**ked.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Those **** at the BoE must know that London prices were collapsing before BrExit so what did they do...any excuse to lower IRs and print £170Bn.

They can only have 1 plan AFAICT

I suspect the end game is, they will take everything off everyone ( bar the queen and her cohorts ) via inflation, forced pensions, taxation and using peoples houses to fund end of life care.

31 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I'm surprised at the amount of agreement. It's just f#cking communism.

When the torys took office in 2010 something like 48% of the people employed in the UK were public sector.

When the USSR collapsed theirs was much lower.

I dont think you've said anything most of us arent thinking.

The chance to sort out the post 2007 mess has well and truly gone.

If the bankers were too big to fail in 2007 with IRs at 4% and house prices expanded to meet that paradigm, IRs are now 0.25%, house prices at extreme levels, they cant move an inch without collapsing the banks.

I suspect the bankers ( not the UK ones, but the global ones) have got the whole country exactly where it wanted, they aren't going to fail, they've going to take over the whole show.

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When the torys took office in 2010 something like 48% of the people employed in the UK were public sector.

When the USSR collapsed theirs was much lower.

I think the measurement are murkier - something like PS accounting x% of economic activity.

I know that the NE today makes the USSR in the mid 1980s look like a freewheeiling capitalistic economy.

The recent news that 30% of households are poor is down to Browns tax redits - all the families left low + mid paying FT work and got on the tax credit bandwagon.  Now benefits are being frozen/cut they are struggling - Doh!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/publicsectorpersonnel/bulletins/publicsectoremployment/september2016

Brpwns 'miracle' was nothing more than taking on ~2m onto the public sector payroll.

The chart shows 1m but there are a lot of nominal private sector employees who derive their money from the public sector.

Chuck in the 3.5m on tax credits and you can see why the UK is in soo much sh1te.

Chuck in the

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/february2016

'There were 31.42 million people in work, 205,000 more than for July to September 2015 and 521,000 more than for a year earlier.

There were 22.98 million people working full-time, 387,000 more than for a year earlier. There were 8.43 million people working part-time, 134,000 more than for a year earlier.

The employment rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 who were in work) was 74.1%, the highest since comparable records began in 1971.

There were 1.69 million unemployed people (people not in work but seeking and available to work), 60,000 fewer than for July to September 2015 and 172,000 fewer than for a year earlier.

There were 924,000 unemployed men, 116,000 fewer than for a year earlier. There were 766,000 unemployed women, 57,000 fewer than for a year earlier.

The unemployment rate was 5.1%, lower than for a year earlier (5.7%). The unemployment rate is the proportion of the labour force (those in work plus those unemployed) that were unemployed.

There were 8.88 million people aged from 16 to 64 who were economically inactive (not working and not seeking or available to work), 88,000 fewer than for July to September 2015 and 172,000 fewer than for a year earlier.'

8.8m lottery winners! Wow!

I make that an unemployed rate count of ~10.5m, or about 50% of the FT working age group.

And of the ~23m FT workers, 5.5m are public sector workers.

So thats ~18m FT workers propping up 8.5 PT (all Tax credits) + 1.7m unemployed + 9m watching Jeremy Kyle.

Dear oh dear gorddy, you fcking moron.

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Those **** at the BoE must know that London prices were collapsing before BrExit so what did they do...any excuse to lower IRs and print £170Bn.

They can only have 1 plan AFAICT

I suspect the end game is, they will take everything off everyone ( bar the queen and her cohorts ) via inflation, forced pensions, taxation and using peoples houses to fund end of life care.

I agree,but im thinking there might be a massive deflation rout of assets after some short term inflation.My end of life care will be a few bottles of whiskey and a bullet.

10 minutes ago, durhamborn said:

I agree,but im thinking there might be a massive deflation rout of assets after some short term inflation.My end of life care will be a few bottles of whiskey and a bullet.

The NE needs everyone who's ever paid net tax - all 2 of them!

I was talking about a similar topic with my Mum.

There's a lot of nursing homes being shutdown at the moment.

In the 80s/90s, Whitby + area had quite a few large houses and purpose built places to house severely disabled, learning faclities, etc - basically open plan loony bin/attic for for nutters. A lot of these people are basically cabbages - someone comes to feed them, someone to urn them over, someone to mop the sh1t up. These are not local OAPS and they are going to receive this care for 20+ years.

There's a perfect wage of less LA money, very few staff - they pay sh1t but expect people to run a car -and the temptation of residential conversion for $$$$$. Jus ttoo tempting. The companies are folding in the homes and saying fckit.

The point I made with my mum who, at one point, worked in a few of these places, was Whats the fkcing point?

These people will never get better most were never more than cabbages. There's no local fmaily or anything - just dumped. Each one most be costing about ~200k-400k to keep. You tie up about 4-5 able bodied to look after a big money pit.

12 minutes ago, spyguy said:

The point I made with my mum who, at one point, worked in a few of these places, was Whats the fkcing point?

The point is...some tory c**t/London spiv can bleed them dry and live off them while they decay.

Like or not...that's the point.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The point is...some tory c**t/London spiv can bleed them dry and live off them while they decay.

Like or not...that's the point.

Im not sure.

A lot of the CareHome are locally owned, or at least not London.

The leveraging and debt stuff on Care homes happened in the mid 2000s - strange that, another thing when Brown was in power.

in the 80s/90s it was a low margin, steady business.Now its no margin and praying for the LA to let someone move in and be paid for.

In place of party membership, we now have mortgage contracts.

Edited by Si1

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What's this "we" comrade.

The collective will of the revolutionary debt fueled junkie heroes?

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

of the ~23m FT workers, 5.5m are public sector workers.

Er, so it's actually <20% of full time employees who are in the public sector.

11 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I'd have to find the source but I clearly remember a  big hoo-ha about it in 2009.  The comparison was of British publicly funded workers versus USSR just before it collapsed.

if I find it, I'll post it, till them you are 100% right.

What about all the centrall funded non-public sector workers ?

Bankers ?

Tax Credit Brigade ?

Unemployed ?

40 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

20% is quite a lot.

i knew a fair few who worked in the 3rd sector - nominally private sector, getting paid by LAs and funds.

Oublic sector employee numbers vary where you are. Going back to the NE, theres Mboro, Redcar, Darlo, Co Durham and Stockton councils, all withhing 20miles radius. All employing relatives with made up jobs, large numbers off sick.

2010-11 were euphoric years for Tory sympathisers on HPC! Dave and Gid fixing the roof, paying down the debt. etc. Old-fashioned lefties had to tread softly.

'It is totally unacceptable for bank bonuses to be paid on the back of taxpayer guarantees.'

Fine words. Perfectly in tune with the mood of the nation.

And yet, in unguarded moments especially, there was always something unconvincing about them both.

17.jpg

Fck fixing the roof.

They p1ssed away the cnce yo sort out benefits, giving that moron IDS the chance to make an even more complex system than Brown.

Gidiot needed to all over where the cash was gushing out. Fckup.

Not convinced at all that it's a feck up.  It's been going on for at least 30 years.  No one is THAT stupid and incompetent.  Oh apart from gidiot but he was only holding the financial reigns at the end.