House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

pewdiepie now underfire from the MSM

Probably a genuinely organic rise to celebrity. TPTB were never going to like that.

Putting thoughts into people's heads, from a non MSM source, double plus bad.

It reminds me of this, Network: YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature. And you will atone.

.....Cos' you're on television dummy. 60m people watch you every night.

Pewdiepie just had his Network moment.

From the comments:

I bet Donald Trump had his encounter with one of these representatives last night, just before the press conference, he was guided way back into to the small room, seated down, and read the scriptures....

10 hours ago, Big Orange said:

I would certainly say he flew far too close to the sun to say the least, putting two impoverished saps up to promote violent anti-Semitism.

They weren't promoting anything.

It's no different to when Monty Python used to joke about killing all gays, or machine-gunning the poor in the street.

41 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's no different to when Monty Python used to joke about killing all gays, or machine-gunning the poor in the street.

The only difference is a lack of canned laughter and the platform not being a state broadcaster. 

This is just a ruling elite and it's MSM mouth piece railing against tide of change. They don't like the idea they've got competition. 

I've spent a few spare moments looking over this guy's videos. I don't get the appeal - but then I'm not the target audience, which by the way is young teenagers.

Us HPCers will be glad to note that most of the top-rated comments on his videos are slating the MSM. Good to see that his young followers aren't just swallowing it whole. EG

I don't watch him, but have been aware of him, since he had 10m subs. People are subscribing now just to support freedom of speech, Maybe I will too.

Latest he states that the MSM does not lot like him or the self made internet stars. Looks like he's suffering the same as Trump.

This "pewdiepie" character needs a good bitch-slap.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

46 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

This "pewdiepie" character needs a good bitch-slap.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Possibly but, whatever way you cut it, British State Television struggle to match some of his viewing figures despite collecting a tidy sum from every home in the land and using it to collectively to spunk millions on what it claims is the best 'talent'. You also don't periodically get Lenny Henry hectoring you to throw your hard earned down some African money pit or a straight-faced disclaimer, if he happens to coincidentally mention Marmite, that 'other brands of Marmite are available' on his channel either.

You don't get to have 50M+ viewers without having a ******ing highly tuned media savvy head.

Must be driving the MSM mental with envy when they have to pay millions to achieve the same.

14 hours ago, Errol said:

Yeah, but is that a mixture of different attitudes decades ago we've thankfully migrated past or/and the Pythons satirically criticising militantly bigoted opinions of the day? And not unrefined, blunt sick shock humour that backfired spectacularly, because PewDiePie is a bloke in a shed/basement who got nobody to reign him in?

11 hours ago, MrPin said:

I've never heard of him.

And which pop disc is the top of the hit parade this week?  I doubt anybody over the age of 25 would have a clue.

Popular culture has fragmented as a consequence of the vast choice now available; the days when we had three TV channels and four radio stations are gone.

It's a good thing IMO, people watch what they want and work TV conversations tend to be about series like Game of Thrones that people have selected to watch rather than whatever was scheduled for mass consumption the previous evening by the State Broadcaster.