House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CunningPlan

Paul Nuttall - was he there?

I have no idea.

However it's plausible that he wasn't aware of the website claims etc. Somebody has it in for him that's for sure. I'd say that the knives are out and the establishment parties want UKIP buried.

If I lived in Stoke I'd want Labour out so I'd probably be voting UKIP if only to keep minds focussed on Brexit.

Theres clearly something very wrong with this bloke. And that Bnks fella has made a ***** of himself too. I take it they are actually trying to take the north west from Labour?

A bloody odd way to go about it chaps..

I have always been broadly supportive of Farage, but without exception every UKIPer that has stuck their head above the parapet since he resigned, is a complete and utter hoon. They are an unelectable rabble i'm afraid. Despite my aligning with them on quite a few issues.

Who in bloody hell does your average white male vote for in this country?

Seriously. There are NO options.

22 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I have no idea.

However it's plausible that he wasn't aware of the website claims etc. Somebody has it in for him that's for sure. I'd say that the knives are out and the establishment parties want UKIP buried.

If I lived in Stoke I'd want Labour out so I'd probably be voting UKIP if only to keep minds focussed on Brexit.

That thing about his "close personal friends" has been up there since 2011 hasn't it?

Paul Nuttall is a complete fantasist in my view. I actually thought id be ok.

Nope. Mentalist.

Yeah staunchly Brexit here but i just can't take to Nuttall, and what is with the "fancy dress"? and the beard? almost like he was trying a little too hard to change his image ahead of the by-election.

Saw him in an interview and he was doing ok until he started ranting about bringing back the death penalty.

22 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Theres clearly something very wrong with this bloke. And that Bnks fella has made a ***** of himself too. I take it they are actually trying to take the north west from Labour?

A bloody odd way to go about it chaps..

I have always been broadly supportive of Farage, but without exception every UKIPer that has stuck their head above the parapet since he resigned, is a complete and utter hoon. They are an unelectable rabble i'm afraid. Despite my aligning with them on quite a few issues.

Who in bloody hell does your average white male vote for in this country?

Seriously. There are NO options.

It's deliberately engineered that way. Alternatives are infiltrated and brought down from within. It happens every single time. The important decisions are made by insiders, the public is left to argue about bus routes and whether the bins should be collected fortnightly or monthly.

I don't really want to cast judgement, because I know the media are after him at every turn.

Having said that, he must know by now what the media are like in the country, so you would have thought he would be on his guard a lot more.

He's always set off my ******** detector, even more than Farage. I don't believe he was there, I think he first made the claim awhile ago when he was a total nobody before the new inquests etc. when it would have just been a footnote in his biography. But with the new inquests it's been brought back into the news and he's now a lot better known than before; it was too late to remove it before someone challenged him on the subject. I heard him discussing the situation on the radio, he seemed to have that mock anger people have when they complain that people are accusing them of something they know they've done but won't admit to.

1 hour ago, workingpoor said:

Yeah staunchly Brexit here but i just can't take to Nuttall, and what is with the "fancy dress"? and the beard? almost like he was trying a little too hard to change his image ahead of the by-election.

Saw him in an interview and he was doing ok until he started ranting about bringing back the death penalty.

Death penalty is popular in Labour heartlands.

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

It's deliberately engineered that way. Alternatives are infiltrated and brought down from within. It happens every single time. The important decisions are made by insiders, the public is left to argue about bus routes and whether the bins should be collected fortnightly or monthly.

Bingo, the illusion of choice and democracy.

At this point in time my vote goes to anyone capable of causing maximum inconvenience to the establishment. A rabble they are but in my eyes UKIP has been key in forcing the hand of both Tory and Labour. 

While i generally agree with the bread and circus angle, Nuttall has brought this on himself.

He's a bit crazy.

Banks is no better.

Jesus, they're all complete bell ends.

Farage got out in time imho.

46 minutes ago, casual_squash said:

Bingo, the illusion of choice and democracy.

At this point in time my vote goes to anyone capable of causing maximum inconvenience to the establishment. A rabble they are but in my eyes UKIP has been key in forcing the hand of both Tory and Labour

I think I get that concept. What I'm less sure about is what the outcome you wish to achieve is? I don't mean something intangible because it is tricky for everyone to grasp intangibles, but by voting UKIP, in what practical ways is your life going to be better in a few years time that we could actually measure and decide "Yup, tick, that worked" or "Nope, that failed"? 

18 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

what practical ways is your life going to be better in a few years time that we could actually measure and decide "Yup, tick, that worked" or "Nope, that failed"? 

I can safely say that in my opinion nothing has really changed for the better since I was 22 which was thirty years ago, both mainstream parties are effectively the same and none has made an improvement to anything in reality. Technology has moved on apace since I was one of the first users of the intenet at if I remember correctly 14400 baud, mobile phones are better and TVs are bigger but everything else is the same.

So what we currently have, and have had since 1990 or so is no improvement, perhaps political stagnation resulted due to governmental neutering by the systems of the EU.

25 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I think I get that concept. What I'm less sure about is what the outcome you wish to achieve is? I don't mean something intangible because it is tricky for everyone to grasp intangibles, but by voting UKIP, in what practical ways is your life going to be better in a few years time that we could actually measure and decide "Yup, tick, that worked" or "Nope, that failed"? 

Too long have we been given the choice between the least odious to vote for. Yes we are s**t but they are s**tter. I've had a gut full of it!

In the past we have been given the 'opportunity' to vote for the size of the hammer to smash us in the face, but NOT the option of not getting smacked in the face to start with. :lol:

I sincerely hope UKIP win in Stoke and absolutely trounce Labour. The thought of The Guardianistas/LibDems/BBC/Greens/Libtards orgasming over a Labour Win (however marginal) and proclaiming that this is "The voice of the people against brexit" is too much to bear.

3 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

I can safely say that in my opinion nothing has really changed for the better since I was 22 which was thirty years ago, both mainstream parties are effectively the same and none has made an improvement to anything in reality. Technology has moved on apace since I was one of the first users of the intenet at if I remember correctly 14400 baud, mobile phones are better and TVs are bigger but everything else is the same.

So what we currently have, and have had since 1990 or so is no improvement, perhaps political stagnation resulted due to governmental neutering by the systems of the EU.

IMO, things have gotten a LOT worse since the early 80s.  Of course technology improves, that's a given.  However, now people work longer hours to pay disproportionately higher rents/mortgages/utility bills.  People had more time in the 80s.  Shorter commutes.  Cheaper (free!) uni education.   REAL jobs, no zero hour nonsense.  Life was slower then (a good thing), even though we thought the 80s was "the future" back then :).   "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" (even if that song was a parody, it did capture an aspirational mood).  We had aspiration, and a real chance to "make it".  What young person is going to "make it" these days? Very very very few.  Almost all will struggle just to carve out a meagre existence.  The best they will ever do is get a dual-income mortgage for a wendy house slavebox on a 35 year mortgage - with combined student debts of maybe £60K+ on top of their mortgage debt.  In the 80s, there was such a thing as recreation.  People lived.  Now people just commute and work, live at home with mum and dad.  Don't go to nightclubs, just chat on Facebook.   Frankly, I don't envy the hermit-live-at-mum-and-dads, no-disposable-income, high-debt, Facebook-as-entertainment lifestyle.

7 hours ago, spyguy said:

Death penalty is popular in Labour heartlands.

It is apparently well known amongst the most senior civil servants there were three issues the public should never be allowed a referendum on the EU, the death penalty and grammar schools. The reason being it was a certainty they would not get the answer they were looking for. Which casts an interesting light on Brexit and the 'surprise' result.

3 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

IMO, things have gotten a LOT worse since the early 80s.  Of course technology improves, that's a given.  However, now people work longer hours to pay disproportionately higher rents/mortgages/utility bills.  People had more time in the 80s.  Shorter commutes.  Cheaper (free!) uni education.   REAL jobs, no zero hour nonsense.  Life was slower then (a good thing), even though we thought the 80s was "the future" back then :).   "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" (even if that song was a parody, it did capture an aspirational mood).  We had aspiration, and a real chance to "make it".  What young person is going to "make it" these days? Very very very few.  Almost all will struggle just to carve out a meagre existence.  The best they will ever do is get a dual-income mortgage for a wendy house slavebox on a 35 year mortgage - with combined student debts of maybe £60K+ on top of their mortgage debt.  In the 80s, there was such a thing as recreation.  People lived.  Now people just commute and work, live at home with mum and dad.  Don't go to nightclubs, just chat on Facebook.   Frankly, I don't envy the hermit-live-at-mum-and-dads, no-disposable-income, high-debt, Facebook-as-entertainment lifestyle.

The computer games are better though :)

3 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

The UKwas just as good in 1998.

The lunatic Brown 2002-2010fcked the country and the kids up.

I "Grew up" in the 90's and ******ing hell in hindsight to today it was utopia.

I'd hate to be 18 today.