House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alba

Anyone Fed Up With Trumpety Trump On the MSM Yet?

I can't stand much more of Trump Trump Trump Trump......................on the MSM.   Every presenter, newsreader, journalist political pundit etc etc has mostly a negative opinion and wants you to know about it!  Some are literally foaming at the mouth.  They also seem to squeeze Trump into the most mundane of news stories.  You could believe he has the 'mark of the beast' the way they go on.

I feel we are now so totally immersed in US politics, they should just go ahead and incorporate us as the 51st state.

Will this never end?  

Had you thought that incorporating as the 51st state may be TM's endgame???  Why do you think she was holding hands with Trump that oompahloompah??

No it won't.

There is a media war ongoing. First strike to the snowflakes, they have played a part in successfully ousting what looked like a conciliatory, relationship building  Flynn who was looking to maintain a working relationship with russia. 

I hope they know what they are doing, but suspect they don't.

2 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

Had you thought that incorporating as the 51st state may be TM's endgame???  Why do you think she was holding hands with Trump that oompahloompah??

More like playing a better hand when negotiating with EU. Good working relationships and trade treaties with all countries is the goal, and showing early that other major countries will trade with us is part of the bargaining position.

7 minutes ago, onlyme2 said:

No it won't.

There is a media war ongoing. First strike to the snowflakes, they have played a part in successfully ousting what looked like a conciliatory, relationship building  Flynn who was looking to maintain a working relationship with russia. 

I hope they know what they are doing, but suspect they don't.

I've completely zoned out of traditional TV now and I'm probably not alone. The propaganda/advert saturation was just too overwhelming.  

If it wasn't for my wife the only purpose the TV would play is for hooking it up to another device, i.e. Laptop, DVD player or a Game station 

Even BBC local radio such as Radio Sheff keep belting on about Trump and the US Republican's, usually with the same stories that the national news are obsessing with. Toby Foster even opened his show last week with a 'I'm not going to talk about Trump today - although I certainly could do with the stuff he's done!" - they just cannot leave it alone. And his sideshow Bob co presenter keeps referring to him as 'The Donald'.  It's supposed to be a local station ffs!

They will never stop. They are still going on about Thatcher and Reagan decades after they left office. You will be hearing the name Trump everyday until the day you die, even if you haven't been born yet!

I  don't bother with the lame stream meedja. It's bias has always been there but now it's so overt

I generally ignore the mainstream media, particularly the BBC. Their bias and misinformation over the last two years has been breathtaking. The obsession with Mr Trump is, I agree, getting incredibly tiresome. They are like a little toddler who won't stop screaming because he has been denied getting his own way; but the screaming has been going on for weeks. 

I think Mr Trump is intelligent enough to realise that the mainstream media is not to be trusted, or even bothered with too much, and I don't think he is likely to be swayed in his course by the pontifications of people like Laura Doomsberg and Jon 'Soapy' Sopel. 

Personally it's having the opposite effect on me; I initially did not like or trust Mr Trump but now the more I see of him, and the more the media howls with outrage at him, the more I start to like him. 

I think most of us would do best to ignore the tripe that current 'news' sites are publishing.

I frequently see things which are promoted as important stories which are completely unimportant but presumably are there to elicit a certain response - e.g. Rolf Harris has appeared a few times recently as if his continued occasional trial is something that we should care about. It isn't - presumably it's there to give us all our 'two minutes of hate' against someone.

The other thing that I'm noticing more and more in life is the opposite of the above - the celebrity adoration, treating celebrities as if they are gods; it's stretched beyond admiring them for having a certain talent to where they can lecture you on political beliefs and their philosophies on life are considered to be more important than the rest of the world. Case in point being those condescending anti-Trump adverts before the election, with a trail of celebrities talking down to you as if you're 5 years old and your mother is telling you to stop being such a naughty boy.

As I write this, the highest trending story on Facebook is Scarlett Johanseen's statement that she believes that 'monogamy is not natural' - again, who cares? Are we meant to read her thoughts and then re-consider our own relationships? At a time when the middle/working class is getting an increasingly raw deal I can't fathom why more and more of them don't react with more contempt towards the bunch of rich narcissists that make up Hollywood.

I don't watch the BBC any more so they don't get any of my hard-earned via the TV licence. I'm going to the cinema less than ever because there's so little that appeals these days, so Hollywood aren't profiting from me either. It's a pity that I find Facebook so useful for social stuff as I'd like to tell them to frack off too.

Yes I am fed up with all this Trump reporting. It's like he's a celebrity and not a politician, hmm.:blink:

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes I am fed up with all this Trump reporting. It's like he's a celebrity and not a politician, hmm.:blink:

....a business man not a politician,hmm.:blink:

22 minutes ago, MrPin said:

"He's just a very naughty boy" - Life of Brian. 

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I think most of us would do best to ignore the tripe that current 'news' sites are publishing.

I frequently see things which are promoted as important stories which are completely unimportant but presumably are there to elicit a certain response - e.g. Rolf Harris has appeared a few times recently as if his continued occasional trial is something that we should care about. It isn't - presumably it's there to give us all our 'two minutes of hate' against someone.

The other thing that I'm noticing more and more in life is the opposite of the above - the celebrity adoration, treating celebrities as if they are gods; it's stretched beyond admiring them for having a certain talent to where they can lecture you on political beliefs and their philosophies on life are considered to be more important than the rest of the world. Case in point being those condescending anti-Trump adverts before the election, with a trail of celebrities talking down to you as if you're 5 years old and your mother is telling you to stop being such a naughty boy.

As I write this, the highest trending story on Facebook is Scarlett Johanseen's statement that she believes that 'monogamy is not natural' - again, who cares? Are we meant to read her thoughts and then re-consider our own relationships? At a time when the middle/working class is getting an increasingly raw deal I can't fathom why more and more of them don't react with more contempt towards the bunch of rich narcissists that make up Hollywood.

I don't watch the BBC any more so they don't get any of my hard-earned via the TV licence. I'm going to the cinema less than ever because there's so little that appeals these days, so Hollywood aren't profiting from me either. It's a pity that I find Facebook so useful for social stuff as I'd like to tell them to frack off too.

Absolutely agree.  This too could have been posted by me, apart from the Facebook comments.  I have strongly resisted Facebook since inception and not ready to give in.

The MSM have been in a echo chamber for some time, even before Trump. They're are just shouting louder at the themselves.

They can win back audiences just by presenting the news, rather than forcing a narrative with the news. It's like trying round up cats to have a wash - it's just not going to happen.

Don't worry. Trump will soon be gone. Or at least, impeached. he can't put a foot right.

The battle is turning into one between Trump and his intelligence services.

I think the intelligence services hold most of the cards.

This Flynn/ Trump/ Pence farce is quite funny.

12 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Don't worry. Trump will soon be gone. Or at least, impeached. he can't put a foot right.

The battle is turning into one between Trump and his intelligence services.

I think the intelligence services hold most of the cards.

This Flynn/ Trump/ Pence farce is quite funny.

This shit aint funny. CIA/FBI access to NSA database, NSA database has no record keeping of access - if true this is insane at a security and constitutional level.

EXCLUSIVE – NSA Whistleblower: Agency ‘Absolutely’ Tapping Trump’s Calls

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/15/exclusive-nsa-whistleblower-agency-absolutely-tapping-trumps-calls/

I've really cut down my TV viewing since almost everything, not just the news but all comedy programmes, even tat like Graham Norton, have negative Trump references. It must be worse in the States. The media, the establishment and their useful idiots (snowflakes, SJWs, etc) are obviously trying to engineer a coup and remove an elected leader, be it by impeachment, assassination or whatever method. Quite remarkable.

Trump briefed against the intelligence services during the election campaign. The Great Negotiator picked an unnecessary fight with people likely to beat him.

Then afterwards he claims that this never happened and goes on TV with a CIA/FBI love-in, which was apparently filled with Trump supporters rather than many actual intelligence agents.

The intelligence services brief Trump about Flynns porkies.

Then Trump fails to brief Pence, and Pence goes on TV supporting Flynn and ends up looking like a muppet.

Then Trump fires Flynn. Then Trump makes a speech announcing what a great guy Flynn is.

Then Trump makes more attacks on the intelligence services. On Twitter. Class.

And Trump then validates the intelligence briefings by calling them 'leaks'.

And all this time, he may need an intelligence agent to take a bullet for him at any time, and Trump hasn't got a hope in Hell in getting his candidate confirmed for the Supreme Court.

I predicted Trump's regime would be dysfunctional and that he would lose support of he intelligence services, but I didn't imagine it would be this fast.

What a 1st-class, gold-plated muppet.

The world needs to prepare for a President Pence in the near future at this rate.

Go long popcorn in the meantime.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

+1

Great post

Trump was up against them from the get go as the outsider.

CIA/FBI could have pulled the same trick on Clinton / Obama on probably countless occasions, for far more serious situations.

Certainly will be interesting, but will not go down well as it is all pretty obvious.

Trump certainly has his downfalls but Jesus Christ, no one could last under this level of bombardment. 

He's had to fight the entire establishment every step of the way and it's clearly not letting up till he's gone. That's quite clear.

He's one man....against the entirety of the Republican party, the Democrats, the MSM,, the intelligence services, the polling industry, the recounts, Hollywood, Soros, his rent a mob.....etc the llist just goes on. 

The mask has slipped well and truly in the west now. Our democracy is an utter illusion when the state and the elite lose the ability to control the narrative and the direction. The scary part is just how many people lap it up.