House Price Crash Forum

Peugeot looking at buying GM Europe

reddog

HOLA441

Interesting news, as the last time I heard Peugeot had more than their fair share of problems.

Is GM selling, or more or less giving away their European assets (and liabilities!!) in order to get out of the basketcase known as the European mainstream car market?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/14/general-motors-talks-sell-vauxhall-opel-marques-peugeot/

I'm sure if this happens Peugeot will do a big chunk of rationalising.  Doubt if too many people at Peugeot will be upset if a few Brits get fired.

HOLA442
1 hour ago, reddog said:

Interesting news, as the last time I heard Peugeot had more than their fair share of problems.

Is GM selling, or more or less giving away their European assets (and liabilities!!) in order to get out of the basketcase known as the European mainstream car market?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/14/general-motors-talks-sell-vauxhall-opel-marques-peugeot/

I'm sure if this happens Peugeot will do a big chunk of rationalising.  Doubt if too many people at Peugeot will be upset if a few Brits get fired.

On the other hand, it will give Peugeot a manufacturing base outside the EU in the UK. Nissan (mainly owned by Renault) aren't leaving the UK, and must be making a good profit with lower Pound costs. Maybe Peugeot will rationalize their French operation?