House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skomer

Kim Jong Un half brother killed in KL airport

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/14/kim-jong-un-half-brother-reportedly-killed-malaysia-north-korea

"South Korean media reports claimed Kim was poisoned by two female North Korean operatives in at Kuala Lumpur international airport on Monday. The South Korean cable broadcaster TV Chosun said the elder Kim, who has reportedly never met North Korea’s current leader, was attacked by the two unidentified women with “poisoned needles”. The Guardian has not been able to verify the reports. .."

Wonder what poison the "operatives"  used?

18 minutes ago, skomer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/14/kim-jong-un-half-brother-reportedly-killed-malaysia-north-korea

"South Korean media reports claimed Kim was poisoned by two female North Korean operatives in at Kuala Lumpur international airport on Monday. The South Korean cable broadcaster TV Chosun said the elder Kim, who has reportedly never met North Korea’s current leader, was attacked by the two unidentified women with “poisoned needles”. The Guardian has not been able to verify the reports. .."

Wonder what poison the "operatives"  used?

Amazing that you can assassinate someone in an airport with all the security they have, and get clean away in a taxi. :o

8 minutes ago, callaght said:

What was the point of the assassination?  What is the motive?

Reformist.  Was heir-apparent.  Critical of current regime.  

I don't think he was actually any threat -- more a result of the rantings of despotic madmen.

14 minutes ago, callaght said:

What was the point of the assassination?  What is the motive?

The fat dictator got out of his bed the wrong side this morning; didn't he have his uncle killed a few years ago because he was becoming too well known and popular?

They don't need to be an actual threat they just need to draw attention from him.

This is the guy who was caught sneaking out of Nork years ago because he wanted to visit Disneyland.  He lost the favour of his dad (Jong-Il) after that, so went to live in the decadent comfortable survivable* Macau.

[*obviously not that survivable]

This could be a warning from China or the US to the Fat One - he is playing up with his nuclear tests and supposedly not listening to China and threatening to confront the US.

So this could simply be a warning to him.

I was there recently and think I commented on here the security was almost nonexistent. 

I honestly reckon I could have got through security with a gun in my hand luggage. 

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

I was there recently and think I commented on here the security was almost nonexistent. 

I honestly reckon I could have got through security with a gun in my hand luggage. 

Did you have poisoned tipped needles in your hand luggage?  :huh:

13 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Did you have poisoned tipped needles in your hand luggage?  :huh:

Not this time.

38 minutes ago, ccc said:

South Korea? Was it a holiday, would you recommend a trip there?

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This could be a warning from China or the US to the Fat One - he is playing up with his nuclear tests and supposedly not listening to China and threatening to confront the US.

So this could simply be a warning to him.

In what sense would it be a warning to him?  

That makes about as much sense as suggesting that Trotsky was offed by the CIA as a warning to Stalin.

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

Ricin?

Too slow - takes days to take effect.  You'd only bother to use it where you wouldn't want there to be any understanding of how it was administered.   It doesn't look like that was the case here.  Looks too slow for cyanide, which is pretty fast acting*.

This looks more like a nasty neurotoxin -- you'd have to speak with the Bulgarians about which would be the best to use.  

[*I used to have cyanide in the lab -- can't remember why now, but it was clearly important as it wouldn't have been there otherwise.  We had a cyanide antidote kit, which was composed of loads of vials of amyl nitrite and the cyanide chelator.  The vials seemed to go missing on occasion and had to be topped up...]

2 hours ago, ccc said:

It's been a while for me, but I agree. KLIA is like a small local airport in terms of security, but major transport hub in terms of size/traffic. 

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

I remember having to use curare in our labs at uni for experimental purposes. I seem to recall the advice being cutting out your flesh with a scalpel quickly in the event of spillage.

Surely that's the worst advice possible: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curare

"Curare is active — toxic or muscle-relaxing, depending on the intended use — only by an injection or a direct wound contamination by poisoned dart or arrow. It is harmless if taken orally because curare compounds are too large and highly charged to pass through the lining of the digestive tract to be absorbed into the blood"

27 minutes ago, Goat said:

Surely that's the worst advice possible: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curare

"Curare is active — toxic or muscle-relaxing, depending on the intended use — only by an injection or a direct wound contamination by poisoned dart or arrow. It is harmless if taken orally because curare compounds are too large and highly charged to pass through the lining of the digestive tract to be absorbed into the blood"

Probably just the lab techs having a laugh.  'and then I told him to cut out the flesh!!!'

How do we know it was female NK "Agents" 

What about 2 disgruntled prozzies? Local business feud? Mafia? 

Could just be another MSM bogeyman story like the "torn apart by dogs" story which was actually revealed as execution by machine gun once the fake news had done it's job.